The Fundamental Page!
Owen
Jan 5 2008, 03:53 PM
GMC:er
Electric Guitar!

Ok, so I got down the general description and the whole of the Electric Guitar section so far and I think its all pretty much right so far, does anyone want to verify what I've put in and perhaps add a bit more? smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Electric_Guitar

Thanks guys! cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2008, 04:00 PM
GMC Founder
Featured under "important article" in the gear portal, congratulations Owen! biggrin.gif

Oh and - panic!! (I haven't verified it fully) laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 5 2008, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 5 2008, 07:00 AM) *
Featured under "important article" in the gear portal, congratulations Owen! biggrin.gif

Oh and - panic!! (I haven't verified it fully) laugh.gif

Thanks Kris biggrin.gif and

Oh noes! huh.gif laugh.gif

I think its mostly right, I tried to seperate opinion from fact and verify most of the stuff with articles etc. smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 5 2008, 04:22 PM
What, do we need an article about electric guitar?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 5 2008, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Jan 5 2008, 07:22 AM) *

I suppose we dont, we all know what an electric guitar is, but not everybody knows everything about even the electric, when I got my first electric I didnt know anything about the type of pickups or the bodywood, so the idea behind the article is really to help relatively new players gain a better understanding of the world they are stepping into.

The guitar and more specifically the electric guitar is a huge topic even for the knowledgable and I just wanted to get the fundamentals down.

smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 5 2008, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 5 2008, 04:27 PM) *
I suppose we dont, we all know what an electric guitar is, but not everybody knows everything about even the electric, when I got my first electric I didnt know anything about the type of pickups or the bodywood, so the idea behind the article is really to help relatively new players gain a better understanding of the world they are stepping into.

The guitar and more specifically the electric guitar is a huge topic even for the knowledgable and I just wanted to get the fundamentals down.

smile.gif

coughsarcasmcough wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 5 2008, 04:38 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Great start Owen smile.gif

Hers an extra trick though - every time you spot something in your text that would make a good subarticle like "Humbucker" or "EMG", make it a link. You don;t have to write anything there but it will come up in red and when people click on it they will be invited to write that article - that's a great way of expanding the content of the Wiki.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 5 2008, 04:41 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 5 2008, 04:38 PM) *

Hers an extra trick though - every time you spot something in your text that would make a good subarticle like "Humbucker" or "EMG", make it a link. You don;t have to write anything there but it will come up in red and when people click on it they will be invited to write that article - that's a great way of expanding the content of the Wiki.

Excellent advice Andrew! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (botoxfox @ Jan 5 2008, 04:22 PM) *

Of course we need one - and it should become the best article of the whole wiki, as it's such an important topic for us! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 5 2008, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 5 2008, 07:38 AM) *

Ok, thanks for the advice Andrew, I've just implemented it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:32 AM