2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Greetings From Soellingen - Germany
David Wallimann
Feb 5 2008, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Welcom Thilo, I'd love to hear your band, where's the link?

QUOTE (Thilo @ Feb 4 2008, 05:25 AM) *
Hey there!

I've been here at GMC for some months now and I really dig this website. smile.gif Up to now I haven't been too active in the forums but I thought it a good idea to introduce myself now that I participated in Ivan's Collaboration. I'm Thilo Zirr from Germany, 15 years old and I have been playing the guitar for about 8 years now. I'm also into songwriting and singing.

I initially looked for a website with video lessons because my guitar teacher told me that he didn't know what to teach anymore. He was a great teacher for blues, funk and jazz improvisation with a lot of feeling in his playing, but he didn't really know what a 'practice routine' was. wink.gif That's why I'm here to improve my technique. I'm not that much into metal and pure shred but I'd like to learn some fast and agressive runs to spice up my solos.

My teacher didn't care about music theory either, so I'm gonna make Andrew happy and study his theory board. I already looked at some topics and I've got to say: GREAT explanations - I actually understood the concept of modes. biggrin.gif

[attachment=4245:Schooljam800_1.jpg]

On this picture you can see my brother (bass and vocals) our drummer and me at the SchoolJam band competition this January with our small band 'triple effect'. smile.gif The performance was recorded and there'll be an online voting soon - if you're interested I'll post the link.

I really like the atmosphere here and I don't think that I'll leave too soon. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thilo
Feb 5 2008, 06:41 PM
GMC:er
The online voting won't start until the 15th of February, so I haven't got the link yet. I will let you know a.s.a. possible.
Glad you're interested. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 7 2008, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC wink.gif have fun and improve a lot !!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 8 2008, 12:57 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Thilo, sounds like you and I have alot in common! My teacher was the same (so I recently sacked him wink.gif laugh.gif ) Im sure you will learn to build a perfect practice routine with our video archive.

Good luck!!!

Matt smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Thilo
Feb 15 2008, 07:08 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I just posted the link to the Online Voting here. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 16 2008, 02:52 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 8 2008, 06:57 AM) *
Welcome Thilo, sounds like you and I have alot in common! My teacher was the same (so I recently sacked him wink.gif laugh.gif ) Im sure you will learn to build a perfect practice routine with our video archive.

Good luck!!!

Matt smile.gif

Also, listen to Matt - he is fast becoming our expert on beginner and intermediate practice routines smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:39 PM