4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Missing Gmc Lessons?, What styles do you want?
Col Roberts
Jul 2 2008, 11:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi GMC'ers,

This is your chance to help identify lessons that GMC has very few of, or none at all. I'm looking at style categories rather than particular artists or bands. Some that I have identified are:

Folk Example
Folk Rock Example
Reggae Example
Country Rock Example
Country Blues Example
Rock Ballad Example
Celtic Example
Psychedelic Rock Example
Rock 'n Roll Example
Rockabilly Example
Southern Rock Example
Surf Example
Bossa Nova Example
Dance/Disco Example

Also, are there workshop lessons that you might consider helpful, for example, a modes workshop or an improvisation workshop. So give me your suggestions.

Please let me know what you want. The number of responses we get will determine what lessons you get.

I'm sure our talented GMC instructors will then be able to produce these lessons. This is a very good chance to broaden the choice of lessons for the GMC site, and ultimately, broaden your guitar knowledge and skills.

This thread will be open for TWO WEEKS only, and the results will be published in a follow-up post.

Thanks to Rokchik for her assistance with this, and to Kris for his enthusiasm for a poll to be conducted.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Col Roberts: Jul 5 2008, 01:04 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 2 2008, 11:40 AM
GMC:er
Death Metal Solo Style or Death Metal in general.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2008, 11:40 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks Col and Rokchik - looking forward to the results! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 2 2008, 11:42 AM
Get to da Chopper!
A good idea may be to put a youtube link next to your suggestions. Maybe a song that you think best represents what you are looking for? It'd be even easier to produce lessons for the suggestions that way wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 2 2008, 11:43 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 2 2008, 12:42 PM) *
A good idea may be to put a youtube link next to your suggestions. Maybe a song that you think best represents what you are looking for? It'd be even easier to produce lessons for the suggestions that way wink.gif

Very cool idea Deeproots - this could definitely help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stickyfingers
Jul 2 2008, 11:45 AM
i'd love to see some lessons for experimental/metalcore/deathcore in drop c, especially on effective rhythmic design in crazy measures tongue.gif

but maybe that's just me tongue.gif

here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QFDMlitsE

This post has been edited by stickyfingers: Jul 2 2008, 11:46 AM

--------------------
Equip:
Ibanez RG 570
Ibanez RG 547
Boss GT-10
Line 6 Pocket Pod
Ibanez WD7
Fender Deluxe 112 Reverb

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 2 2008, 11:55 AM
I think you should focus on recruiting more instructors from Argentina.

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 2 2008, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I would like a in style of mors principium est. A litlle more technical death metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuVK_7xZc4

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 2 2008, 12:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I realy like the melodic ballads. Sometime this site tends to the shred site, but I often like beatiful ballads (like Zakk Wylde style lesson from Gabs) better then just shreds. This also gives beginner a good handle to keep playing.

like this, Zakk himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMupc564zE

edit: this example isn't exactly what I'd like, but the first part is. Afterwards it gets a bit more shreddie, what makes it not for beginners biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jul 2 2008, 12:23 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 2 2008, 12:18 PM
Instructor
Great topic,
it will help a lot to see opinions on this. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jul 2 2008, 12:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Jul 2 2008, 08:42 PM) *

Hi DR,
The instructors often ask for Youtube links when lesson requests are made, so I was looking at that as being one of the final steps in this exercise. The list I gave are only examples of what I thought was missing, GMC'ers may come up with many more. If you're unfamiliar with any style you can check Wikipedia, from which you can find examples (artists) and then check them out in Youtube. Some of the styles in the list are very familiar though. What styles are you unfamiliar with?

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 2 2008, 12:23 PM
QUOTE (superize @ Jul 2 2008, 06:10 AM) *
I would like a in style of mors principium est. A litlle more technical death metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSuVK_7xZc4

right, we really have a scarcity of this stuff, need to cut back on the southern rock and celtic, to make room for more of this.

Kris....I think the metal genre diehards tend to basically only like that, and also tend to be very vocal. I know, because I do so many lessons (anything so long as the word funk is not involved) and I see the names of who is learning what. I learn a lot of metal, but I don't think we have a scarcity here. We do of a lot of those items on that list.

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jul 2 2008, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 2 2008, 09:23 PM) *
Kris....I think the metal genre diehards tend to basically only like that, and also tend to be very vocal. I know, because I do so many lessons (anything so long as the word funk is not involved) and I see the names of who is learning what. I learn a lot of metal, but I don't think we have a scarcity here. We do of a lot of those items on that list.

Agreed, we don't have a scarcity of metal. We currently have about 150 Metal lessons (and 70+ shred lessons). And with the number of instructors who produce metal lessons, they will grow quickly.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 2 2008, 12:48 PM
Instructor
Great topic, it gave me a lot of ideas, thanks. This kind of feedback is essential and very good to have smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 2 2008, 10:04 PM
The Dark Canuck
Great to see the topic live Col smile.gif It will certainly be interesting to see the results.

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jul 2 2008, 10:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I would love to have more fusion lessons, with a strong theory back up.

Tom Quayle

Guthrie Govan

Thanks.

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Jul 2 2008, 10:20 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 2 2008, 10:26 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Col Roberts @ Jul 2 2008, 12:21 PM) *
What styles are you unfamiliar with?

Id say just about 99% of the list wink.gif

I rarely venture away from fusion, prog metal, classical music and thrash metal, you gotta realise that many people have a favourite type of music and don't listen to "everything".

Though i just mentioned the youtube links for ease of use..it kind of beats- copy paste into wikipedia...copy paste into youtube...scroll...guess....click...

Even if the instructor is unfamiliar- they can just click the link and create a similar lesson right away...

But still- this is your thread Sir, i didnt mean to tread on your toes wink.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 2 2008, 10:31 PM
It would be nice to see some more Death Metal lessons.

And not to pick a specific section of music, but more "In the Style of Lessons" would help cover a variety of those categories.

I would like to see some In the Style of - Buckethead
Jason Becker
Steve Morse
Guthrie Govan

And some others just to name a few smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 2 2008, 10:33 PM
I think we have an abundance of metal already, but that's just me. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Jul 2 2008, 10:36 PM
YEah, id like some more metalcore smile.gif

Like killswitch engage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0APr2Zo4oE

and maybe some more tone tutorials?

-Lars

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:12 AM