3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Guitar Picks ( First Post )
Juan M. Valero
Jul 14 2008, 08:55 PM
Instructor
I use my custom pics !!!! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 15 2008, 11:43 AM
GMC:er
haha, nice man.

QUOTE (IDontWantMyUsername @ Jul 13 2008, 07:41 PM) *
How does it get easier to do pinch harmonics with a bigger pick? I thought it was the opposite way blink.gif

I don't think it is any harder with small ones nor easier with bigones...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 15 2008, 11:49 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I use 1.0mm Dunlop Big Stubby picks. The only problem with them is if i play with a tortex after being used to a big stubby i cant play as well. I might try a Jazz III soon though.

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jul 17 2008, 08:53 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Jul 9 2008, 05:27 PM) *
I like Jim Dunlop Nylon 1 mm picks mostly. have tried Jazz IIIs, they seem good but I guess I'm too used to good old Dunlops smile.gif

+1 - I like the grip and flex of Dunlop Nylons, but their thickness is misleading since they flex more than other picks. I use the .88mm which are equivalent to a .73mm or so in other brands.

I just bought a few of the Dunlop Jazz IIIs(the really small red ones) and they don't grip very well, but isn't it true that they have a newer Jazz III version that's bigger. I think I got the wrong ones, but at least they're cheap

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Jul 17 2008, 08:57 PM
QUOTE (SnoCone @ Jul 9 2008, 10:45 AM) *
Hey everyone, its my first post. I joined GMC last night and im loving it.

Heres my question, what picks does everyone here use? and why?

Currently im using jazz 3's and i like them, but there not perfect for me so im still searching for a better one.

I know this is of no help, but I use Jazz 3's as well. I've tried so many and those are what I always go back to...

+Quote Post
MattE
Jul 17 2008, 09:49 PM
I use either the Jazz 3 or the Dunlop Tortoise series, the orange ones

Great picks :]

I have been known to play with a twig though....laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 18 2008, 06:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
Oooh, I just bought some Jazz 3's, and I have to say: I'm in love! They're so great and easy to play with... It's like an extension of my finger ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blazestrings
Jul 25 2008, 08:20 PM
Does anyone use Herco anymore? lol... I feel as if im the last man to use Herco :X

--------------------

- www.Blazestrings.com

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 27 2008, 12:41 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I use stone picks, perfect for me and they don't wear out, I am using my main pick since 20 years now smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 28 2008, 09:36 AM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jul 27 2008, 01:41 PM) *
I use stone picks, perfect for me and they don't wear out, I am using my main pick since 20 years now smile.gif

Do you know of anyone online selling stone picks? Asking for a link smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 28 2008, 10:16 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I bought my original ones 20 years ago, but that source doesn't exist anymore. I had some more custom made by a guy on ebay, they are exact copies of my original ones, but in the moment I can't find the link to his ebay shop, sorry. There is an onlineshop called Tone Toys ( http://www.tone-toys.com ) that sells tons of different picks, I also bought a stone pick there once, it is not in the same shape as my main ones, but fine too.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Starry Manhattan...
Jul 28 2008, 10:30 AM
At the moment red Dunlop Jazz III's, but soon V-Picks, specifically the V-Pick Small Pointed on advice from the man himself, Vinni Smith. No joke I sent him an email asking him for a pick that could do the following for me:

"I am looking for a pick that has a good grip, will give good harmonics all round and will slice through the strings nicely in faster alternate picked and sweeping runs. Also, a pick that will give good clarity in pick tapping runs, like the one in Joe Satriani's "Surfing With The Alien""

Also I like the size of my Jazz III so I wanted to keep that pretty similar.

Anyway, within a couple of hours, even with the difference in timezone between Australia and America, I had a response back from Vinni himself recommending me a pick that should meet my needs plus give me a fatter tone. Hey, for a few bucks I'm prepared to try a new pick because all the Jazz III is a great pick, it does have it's faults.

Here's the site for all who are interested and seriously, what have you got to lose aside from a few dollars?

http://www.v-picks.com/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 28 2008, 12:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've stopped using Jazz 3, and started using picks I made myself, after learning how in this thread biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:35 AM