Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok so this is my problem
Mark Schiewe
post Jul 20 2006, 05:35 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 745

I am not very happy with my setup right now, I hace a Fender Squier Strat and a Roland Microcube. I am looking to upgrade in both categories so which should i get first, a used Jackson DKMG, or new Crate halfstack?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sanders4617
post Jul 20 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 275

Personally I would rather have a better guitar first.. but then again, we are all different.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Jul 20 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #3

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Mark Schiewe)
I am not very happy with my setup right now, I hace a Fender Squier Strat and a Roland Microcube. I am looking to upgrade in both categories so which should i get first, a used Jackson DKMG, or new Crate halfstack?

The clean sound of the microcube is pretty impressive for it's size... To get a good distorted sound the larger models of the cube are cool.

+Quote Post
Jeff
post Jul 24 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 706

QUOTE (Mark Schiewe)

Put your money into a good axe! Especially if you are only using the amp for practice. Amps come and go, but a good guitar is harder to find.

+Quote Post
Foser
post Jul 25 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 768

I think a new guitar is better since a squier starat is a very basic beguiner guitar, which amps can be to beguiner to pros...

+Quote Post
t knox
post Aug 3 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 781

ok yes i agree with everyone else here that a good guitar is essential but a bit of advice u dont need that gibson les paul or the strat to get those amazing sounds but u do need a good amp the guitar has a minimal effect on the sound so find a guitar that fits your hands that u can play and enjoy not a guitar to impress ppl with and buy an amp that can bring u anywere from metal to country and classical

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 04:48 AM