Ibanez Rg5ex1, I bought one
kahall
May 25 2009, 10:56 PM
Learning Roadie
I had played this guitar in GC a few times and really liked it so when I saw one on E-bay in good shape I bought it. Having never owned a guitar with a floating tremolo (Edge III) I knew things would be different when playing, and they are, but not too bad. I have to be careful when bending and not lay my hand on the bridge like I do with my Schecter C-1+, or actually lay on the bridge a bit harder than normal when bending one string while holding the other, I think it's called uni bending. The string (note) you are trying to bend to goes out of tune if you don't. I did screw around with the set up but I think it ended up back the way it was when I took it out of the box, but I learned how it works. I won't be messing with it again after finally getting it all to balance out with some new strings. I get some nice sounds with it and really like it so far.
Here is a little clip of me doing the Am Beginner solo lesson from Ben Nisenblat. It sounds ok, but I can't get out of the habit of doing vibrato with my finger instead of the correct way with the wrist. Still working on it.
I'm using a video camera (RCA) that was made in the early 90's to record this so pic quality is kind of yellow and grainy but it works ok.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kahall: May 25 2009, 11:53 PM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 01:45 AM