3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Rec Announcement, Rules and Grading Process
Fran
Oct 3 2009, 07:56 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Maybe wait until the thread content is updated into the scoreboard & history pages, as that's part of the "code" me & Steve have to know when a thread is ready to be wiki-ed smile.gif

When I see locked threads, I "wiki" them, and let Steve know about it.

Once I let Steve know that the threads are ready (wikied), he could finally unlock & mark them if you guys wish smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 3 2009, 08:00 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 3 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Maybe wait until the thread content is updated into the scoreboard & history pages, as that's part of the "code" me & Steve have to know when a thread is ready to be wiki-ed smile.gif

When I see locked threads, I "wiki" them, and let Steve know about it.

Once I let Steve know that the threads are ready (wikied), he could finally unlock & mark them if you guys wish smile.gif

I'm not certain what your code is, but as far as I could see the thread was locked when Steve gave the final score, and a "!" was put next to it when you had wiki-ed it. Maybe there could be another symbol like the "!" instead of the thread being locked.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 3 2009, 08:05 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Oct 3 2009, 09:00 PM) *
I'm not certain what your code is, but as far as I could see the thread was locked when Steve gave the final score, and a "!" was put next to it when you had wiki-ed it. Maybe there could be another symbol like the "!" instead of the thread being locked.

As it is now:
1) Thread locked but not marked, means that it's ready to be wikied (has been judged by instructors and has a calculated average, plus the final "pass" or "fail" decision)
2) Once wikied, it becomes both locked & marked.

It could now become just "marked" once it's wikied, so it would be:

1) Thread locked but not marked, means that it's ready to be wikied (has been judged by instructors and has a calculated average, plus the final "pass" or "fail" decision)
2) Once wikied it becomes marked & unlocked

It usually takes just one day to wiki any new locked (ready) RECs.
We could also find a new "symbol" to mark ready threads instead of locking them as well, no prob smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fran: Oct 3 2009, 08:06 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 3 2009, 08:08 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'd be quite happy with them being unlocked once they've been wiki-ed, but with this new system, could the fact that there in the REC forum not the secret forum be used to show that they need wiki-ing?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 3 2009, 08:08 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 3 2009, 02:56 PM) *
as that's part of the "code"

ohmy.gif Sorry Fran, I didn't mean to mess with the "code"!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 3 2009, 08:15 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 3 2009, 09:08 PM) *
ohmy.gif Sorry Fran, I didn't mean to mess with the "code"!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ph34r th3 cod3 Muahahahah.

Nah, no biggie Andrew, we'll manage to wiki every REC out there, no matter what!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Matt23 @ Oct 3 2009, 09:08 PM) *
I'd be quite happy with them being unlocked once they've been wiki-ed, but with this new system, could the fact that there in the REC forum not the secret forum be used to show that they need wiki-ing?

Actually you are totaly right about that!
Any unmarked thread there is ready since there's a "secret" forum for unrated entries, and the ones that don't pass already feature the "sad face" symbol.

No need for codes anymore!!
Today we embrace freedom!! smile.gif

Good thinking Matt smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 3 2009, 08:19 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 3 2009, 08:15 PM) *
No need for codes anymore!!
Today we embrace freedom!! smile.gif

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Matt23: Oct 3 2009, 08:19 PM

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 3 2009, 08:52 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I agree with you guys being able to comment the takes as well. smile.gif The problem we will have here is if many comments are made in multiple threads before all are wikied. That will bump those up the board sending others down that may still need scoreboard attention.

If we do away with the markings, we will have no way of knowing if they have been recorded on the scoreboard, this may lead to questioning of "has this one been done yet".

My thoughts are to keep the threads locked until they are wikied and marked, then I will open it for discussion, still leaving it marked.

How'd that be?

+Quote Post
Matt23
Oct 3 2009, 08:55 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 3 2009, 08:52 PM) *
I agree with you guys being able to comment the takes as well. smile.gif The problem we will have here is if many comments are made in multiple threads before all are wikied. That will bump those up the board sending others down that may still need scoreboard attention.

If we do away with the markings, we will have no way of knowing if they have been recorded on the scoreboard, this may lead to questioning of "has this one been done yet".

My thoughts are to keep the threads locked until they are wikied and marked, then I will open it for discussion, still leaving it marked.

How'd that be?

Sounds good to me. smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 3 2009, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Oct 3 2009, 03:55 PM) *
Sounds good to me. smile.gif

Great! smile.gif

How bout you Fran, Andrew, Kris? You guys in favor of giving this a go?

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 4 2009, 12:45 PM
Sure, no problem smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 4 2009, 06:51 PM
It just occurred to me that students cannot post on the REC board other than there initial thread. We will need to address this before going forward with the discussion idea. smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:23 AM