> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Lenni - Zeppelin Black Riffing Rock
Zeppelin Black Riffing Rock
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
post Aug 21 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.587

Hi folks,

this is my second contribution.

Zeppelin Black Riffing Lesson

I wanna thank everyone for your feedback on my first lesson! While some things I had noticed myself while seeing my video (timing towards the end), other issues mentioned were actually quite eye-opening since I didn't receive a lot of feedback during the last years (hitting the strings harder). Although it seems that I will pass that last lesson I really think I will post it again soon, to see if I can improve on what you said...

Oh, and to avoid any further confusion - I am right handed! Somehow the webcam always turns me around so I made sure to fix it this time :-)

Fender USA Strat
Mbox Mini

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 23 2011, 05:20 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
post Aug 21 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 9.820

Hi Lenni, this is a good attempt but I think there a couple of places you can improve upon -

There needs to be a slight bend of that note at 0:06.. every time you play it you want to try and emulate that slight bend that Adrian does. This helps give it that bluesy attitude. Without it the notes just sound a bit bland.

The other thing is the rhythm towards the end went a bit behind. I 'm postive that you would be able to play that tighter smile.gif

You've got a good foundation of the lesson, you just need to polish up a couple of things is all smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
post Aug 21 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 7.730

couldn't agree more with ben lenni, i think that you gotta work on that and you are ready to go.

on a side note, what amp is that? i find your tone kinda weird, like half distorted?, im thinking maybe the distorsion is from your camera and from the amp? My advice is, to get led zep tones on a strat, that it's a much lighter guitar in every way than a les paul (and that's not a bad thing at all) you need to crank a bit that bridge pickup and you amp a bit more, get some overdrive going on, and that plus your improving hard picking will get you a sweet tone.

remember the tone comes 90% from your hands, you gotta make it happen before going into the amp/fx

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Aug 21 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10.636

Adrian built the groove by implementing articulation elements like bends and vibrato smile.gif try and emulate Adrian's movements and vibrate as wide as he does, I'm sure you'll make a super take once you get these down! wink.gif

+Quote Post
post Aug 23 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.374

Close man, 7.3..Give it another shot!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 10:52 PM