Joyo Pedals
PosterBoy
Oct 19 2013, 09:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Now part of me doesn't like the idea of Chinese knock offs, but let's face it so many OD pedals are knock offs of the Ibanez tubescreamer with slight tweaks, I think I can look past it.

I've been looking at their range of pedals and it's pretty comprehensive.

For a cheap amount I could make up a nice back up rig for my Axe Fx with an OD or two, chorus, flanger, Tremelo, delay, reverb and one or two of their tech 21 character pedals and maybe a DI.

I may look at making one up for our church youth band

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 19 2013, 10:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Pretty sure Gab has a Joyo pedal power supply... I'm not sure if he has any pedals, but I've had generally good luck with 'Chinese knock offs'. This thing has worked very nicely for me:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2013, 01:45 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! My last 6 pedal related bought items have been from China.

This is my list:

- Joyo Multi-Power Supplier

- Joyo Phaser

- Joyo Vintage Overdrive

- Nux Time Core

- Baby Boom Time Machine

I find Joyo products really good. The power supply works perfects and it not only has 9 volts, it has on input for 12 volts and another for 18 volts. It has very good looking blue lights. The vintage overdrive is very recommendable, it sounds great. I use it to add drive to my amp for solos. The phaser is a clon of MXR phraser, I didn't compared them but I like mine, it is a nice effect. I didn't liked too much the Nux Time Core, it has too many functions in a simple pedal and that makes it difficult to use live, also I don't like the quality of the delay sound. I just god Baby Boom Delay and I find it simpler but better, good construction and nice sound.

I ordered California (Mesa Boogie Pedal Emulator) but it never arrived. I'm thinking on buying a new one soon since I would like totry it and see if it works as a back up in gigs.

If you want a back up of effects for playing live I really recommend you to go for Biyang (baby boom series) and Joyo pedals.

http://www.biyang.com.cn/
http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/home/index.php

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2013, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
You may not know this, but many of the high priced pedals you find are actually "rebranded" (E.g. Painted/re cased) Joyo pedals. There was a big controversy about this a while back among "boutique" pedal guys who opened them up and found they were the same. So yeah the Joyo and Biyang pedals are just fine and often sound just as good or the exact same as pedals that cost four times as much.

I"ve got the JOYO vintage OD and the NUX vintage OD, (both tube screamer clones) and they both sound great and are built like tanks. All metal, pro switch, etc.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 20 2013, 08:45 PM) *
Hi mate! My last 6 pedal related bought items have been from China.

This is my list:

- Joyo Multi-Power Supplier

- Joyo Phaser

- Joyo Vintage Overdrive

- Nux Time Core

- Baby Boom Time Machine

I find Joyo products really good. The power supply works perfects and it not only has 9 volts, it has on input for 12 volts and another for 18 volts. It has very good looking blue lights. The vintage overdrive is very recommendable, it sounds great. I use it to add drive to my amp for solos. The phaser is a clon of MXR phraser, I didn't compared them but I like mine, it is a nice effect. I didn't liked too much the Nux Time Core, it has too many functions in a simple pedal and that makes it difficult to use live, also I don't like the quality of the delay sound. I just god Baby Boom Delay and I find it simpler but better, good construction and nice sound.

I ordered California (Mesa Boogie Pedal Emulator) but it never arrived. I'm thinking on buying a new one soon since I would like totry it and see if it works as a back up in gigs.

If you want a back up of effects for playing live I really recommend you to go for Biyang (baby boom series) and Joyo pedals.

http://www.biyang.com.cn/
http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/home/index.php

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 22 2013, 01:49 PM
Like Gab, I can also recommend them as well as the Biyang range too!
All very solidly built pedals and great value for the money too!!
smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 21 2013, 01:45 AM) *

Did that still not arrive Gab? I can still grab the one from my friends Shop for you if you want?
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2013, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Oct 22 2013, 09:49 AM) *
Like Gab, I can also recommend them as well as the Biyang range too!
All very solidly built pedals and great value for the money too!!
smile.gif

Did that still not arrive Gab? I can still grab the one from my friends Shop for you if you want?
smile.gif

Hi mate! Tell me via PM how much does it cost and let's go for it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 21 2013, 01:50 AM) *
You may not know this, but many of the high priced pedals you find are actually "rebranded" (E.g. Painted/re cased) Joyo pedals. There was a big controversy about this a while back among "boutique" pedal guys who opened them up and found they were the same. So yeah the Joyo and Biyang pedals are just fine and often sound just as good or the exact same as pedals that cost four times as much.

I"ve got the JOYO vintage OD and the NUX vintage OD, (both tube screamer clones) and they both sound great and are built like tanks. All metal, pro switch, etc.

Attached Image

What differences can you here between these 3 ones?

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 19 2013, 06:20 AM) *
Pretty sure Gab has a Joyo pedal power supply... I'm not sure if he has any pedals, but I've had generally good luck with 'Chinese knock offs'. This thing has worked very nicely for me:

I love how "Baby Boom" series look. They are beautiful.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2013, 12:28 AM
GABRIEL: To be honest there is not a ton of sonic difference between the NUX and the JOYO. I tested them side by side as a pre/boost for my software patches (TH2/S-Gear) and the overall effect is very similar. I"m using TONS of gain of course, and I scoop out the low mids to avoid the "boomy/boofey" sound befalls so many sims.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 22 2013, 10:53 AM) *
Hi mate! Tell me via PM how much does it cost and let's go for it! smile.gif

What differences can you here between these 3 ones?

I love how "Baby Boom" series look. They are beautiful.

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Oct 27 2013, 07:03 PM
I was particularly interested in the Joyo Tech 21 clones when they first came out, being a fan of the Tech 21 Sansamp stuff from way back.

Here's the feature I did awhile ago on the AC and Marshall ones:

http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2012/08/23/j...-of-the-clones/

For comparison to the real thing, here's a feature I wrote for a local retailer on the actual Tech 21 pedals:

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/community/blogs/...the-gig-savers/

Have a listen for yourself and see what you think. Personally, I felt that the Joyo clones were close, but maybe about 80% of the way there. I've found with the clones that they usually get you the same vibe for maybe half/quarter the price, but because component values do differ (and probably aren't as strictly controlled), they never sound quite as good as the real thing.

That said, if it does the job, I'm a fan - I still have two Mooer pedals on my board, next to much more expensive ones!

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 28 2013, 12:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 22 2013, 08:28 PM) *
GABRIEL: To be honest there is not a ton of sonic difference between the NUX and the JOYO. I tested them side by side as a pre/boost for my software patches (TH2/S-Gear) and the overall effect is very similar. I"m using TONS of gain of course, and I scoop out the low mids to avoid the "boomy/boofey" sound befalls so many sims.

Thanks Todd. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 29 2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks much for sharing these reviews!!!! I agree with you 100 % smile.gif The Tech21 clone versions are pretty darn close, especially for the money.

I was using a Tech21 Comptortion for a while as a boost (compressor distortion in one pedal) and I finally got rid of it as the Joyo provided all the boost I needed and I didn't really use the compression after a while. I found that the compressor/expander stack in Overloud did a bit better job of things. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Oct 27 2013, 02:03 PM) *
I was particularly interested in the Joyo Tech 21 clones when they first came out, being a fan of the Tech 21 Sansamp stuff from way back.

Here's the feature I did awhile ago on the AC and Marshall ones:

http://sixstringsamurai.co.nz/2012/08/23/j...-of-the-clones/

For comparison to the real thing, here's a feature I wrote for a local retailer on the actual Tech 21 pedals:

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/community/blogs/...the-gig-savers/

Have a listen for yourself and see what you think. Personally, I felt that the Joyo clones were close, but maybe about 80% of the way there. I've found with the clones that they usually get you the same vibe for maybe half/quarter the price, but because component values do differ (and probably aren't as strictly controlled), they never sound quite as good as the real thing.

That said, if it does the job, I'm a fan - I still have two Mooer pedals on my board, next to much more expensive ones!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:21 PM