5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Audioslave Style Collab
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2016, 07:57 PM
GMC:er
I"m glad to hear you have found a guy willing to work on/near your term on music. I spent many years "doing it in the room" with the other guys and it's fun smile.gif But I have also found that I can do it by myself as well and just email tracks back and forth. Provides a lot more flexibility. I hope it's productive and please do share with us what hapenns!

Todd

QUOTE (Spock @ Nov 29 2016, 04:16 AM) *
Indeed man. That would be ideal, the only thing is this, to my absolute shock, has been the worse recovery experience I have ever gone through. If anyone ever tells you that having hemorrhoids removed is a walk in the park, do the world a favor and punch that fools nose through the back of their head.

I have never lived through so much pain in so many places at once in my life. To top it off you can't even go to the bathroom - for either reason. After the surgery I had to go back to the Emergency Room and spend 6 hours. Ugh, long story. But all that to say that I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I didn't even watch the entire Clemson game. One of those hurts that won't allow you to enjoy anything, laying down, sitting up, watching tv, playing a video game - nothing. All I could do was find a comfortable position and hope to stay that way for as long as possible.

I might go into work for a half day tomorrow. I just don't know how long i'll be able to sit at a computer chair. It's a great thing I have an empathetic, more than generous boss.

1 cool thing happened though. You know my friend's band, Kelen Heller. Well one of the guitarists decided to call it quits - he has come to loath the music industry. So he came over to visit me last week and wants to write music together. Finally, someone that I can count on not to change what style they want to do. He also enjoys writing songs exactly like I do, behind a computer, one part at a time, as opposed to organically.

I got your message - haven't decided whether to respond or not. Part of me just wants to forget the whole election cycle and concentrate on life. Happy and hopeful for Trump - but not worth arguing about with friends. To many other, more important and edifying things to focus on. Politics is not good for the spirit.

I"m glad to hear you have found a guy willing to work on/near your term on music. I spent many years "doing it in the room" with the other guys and it's fun smile.gif But I have also found that I can do it by myself as well and just email tracks back and forth. Provides a lot more flexibility. I hope it's productive and please do share with us what hapenns!

Todd

QUOTE (Spock @ Nov 29 2016, 04:16 AM) *
Indeed man. That would be ideal, the only thing is this, to my absolute shock, has been the worse recovery experience I have ever gone through. If anyone ever tells you that having hemorrhoids removed is a walk in the park, do the world a favor and punch that fools nose through the back of their head.

I have never lived through so much pain in so many places at once in my life. To top it off you can't even go to the bathroom - for either reason. After the surgery I had to go back to the Emergency Room and spend 6 hours. Ugh, long story. But all that to say that I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I didn't even watch the entire Clemson game. One of those hurts that won't allow you to enjoy anything, laying down, sitting up, watching tv, playing a video game - nothing. All I could do was find a comfortable position and hope to stay that way for as long as possible.

I might go into work for a half day tomorrow. I just don't know how long i'll be able to sit at a computer chair. It's a great thing I have an empathetic, more than generous boss.

1 cool thing happened though. You know my friend's band, Kelen Heller. Well one of the guitarists decided to call it quits - he has come to loath the music industry. So he came over to visit me last week and wants to write music together. Finally, someone that I can count on not to change what style they want to do. He also enjoys writing songs exactly like I do, behind a computer, one part at a time, as opposed to organically.

I got your message - haven't decided whether to respond or not. Part of me just wants to forget the whole election cycle and concentrate on life. Happy and hopeful for Trump - but not worth arguing about with friends. To many other, more important and edifying things to focus on. Politics is not good for the spirit.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 5 2016, 10:44 AM
GMC Founder
...and here is my video. Needless to say I am very excited about this one - with so many cool contributions! biggrin.gif cool.gif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5415283...lave-collab.mp4

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mirba
Dec 5 2016, 03:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gabriel,

I hope i'm doing this right, and that you can download both of the tracks.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  audioslave_backing.wav ( 13.63MB ) Number of downloads: 60
Attached File  audioslave__no_backing.wav ( 12.89MB ) Number of downloads: 69

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2016, 02:53 AM
Instructor
It's perfect! Thanks Mirba and Kris for the files!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2016, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! I'm here to say that I'm enjoying mixing this one TOO MUCH! Your takes are beautiful. I'm so proud of this community!

This is a pre-mix with everybody's takes except tflava who is sending his take in 1 hours because the file was wrong.

Check it out!

Attached File  Audioslave_Collab_with_vocals_and_guitars_premix.mp3 ( 3.75MB ) Number of downloads: 108

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 6 2016, 05:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man here my file.

Sorry for waiting.

GreetzAttached File  audioslacve_collab_audio_only.wav ( 4.25MB ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 6 2016, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 6 2016, 01:51 PM) *
Hey man here my file.

Sorry for waiting.

GreetzAttached File  audioslacve_collab_audio_only.wav ( 4.25MB ) Number of downloads: 93

The hour became 10 minutes!! You are fast! Thanks a lot! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 6 2016, 07:56 PM
ohmy.gif
Wow!!! Sounds amazing Gab!! This one is going to be epic indeed!!!
Sorry I had to pull out of this one!
I've just finished delivering the last of the 3 guitars tonight.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Dec 9 2016, 12:30 AM
Gab : Cool mix

Kris : I must say that when you started adding vocals the collabs became even more fun to be part of. This one is fantastic.

Sensible : Great guitars. I more traditional, so the middle one is stunning to me. Although I think the first one is very cool although I can;t see how sharp the horns are. Is some of it hidden in the foam or are they narrower with a big bottom?

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Dec 9 2016, 12:31 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 9 2016, 04:14 PM
QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Dec 9 2016, 12:30 AM) *
Sensible : Great guitars. I more traditional, so the middle one is stunning to me. Although I think the first one is very cool although I can;t see how sharp the horns are. Is some of it hidden in the foam or are they narrower with a big bottom?

Thanks mate! The middle one was one of my favourite builds this year and for a very nice guy too.
The horns on the top one go out to quite a point, it's just a bit obscured by the foam. not sure if this pic makes it clearer. I should really have taken some of it out of the case. Unfortunately I only grabbed a few shots when I delivered it.

Attached Image

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 9 2016, 05:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 6 2016, 03:56 PM) *
ohmy.gif
Wow!!! Sounds amazing Gab!! This one is going to be epic indeed!!!
Sorry I had to pull out of this one!
I've just finished delivering the last of the 3 guitars tonight.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Wou!! That Doncaster is pure beauty!! Congratulations mate! I love how it looks! I hope to see any video of the owner playing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 9 2016, 09:54 PM
GMC Founder
Well my friends - it's safe to safe the resulting track is something exceptionally cool! biggrin.gif

I can sense our community is starting to set itself apart. We're musicians here, not shred wannabes. The music speaks for itself - this is fantastic:

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Dec 9 2016, 12:30 AM) *
Kris : I must say that when you started adding vocals the collabs became even more fun to be part of. This one is fantastic.

Agreed mate. I also feel they have even higher instructional value, as we are creating real songs together. It's such a nice feeling to create music together - even though we are far away from each other.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 9 2016, 04:14 PM) *
Thanks mate! The middle one was one of my favourite builds this year and for a very nice guy too.
The horns on the top one go out to quite a point, it's just a bit obscured by the foam. not sure if this pic makes it clearer. I should really have taken some of it out of the case. Unfortunately I only grabbed a few shots when I delivered it.

Attached Image

Oh my gosh - one word for that one: YUMMI! I want one!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Dec 9 2016, 11:15 PM
Sweet track. Was a lot of fun. Great compilation.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2016, 03:24 AM
Instructor
Hey friends! This is totally awesome. There are no words to explain how much I've enjoyed mixing this track. It's the one that I've enjoyed the most since each submit was totally musical and added a lot to the track. Your takes make this song grow a lot, and the final results is a beautiful piece of music.

These kind of things make me really happy so I'd like to say THANKS A LOT to each of the participants, and off course special thanks and congrats to Kris for writing lyrics and singing on this song. As we suspected, you've provided Dahlish vocals that made this track very unique but at the same time, I still can get the vibes of first Soundgarden music.

I hope that this is the first step of a new level in GMC collabs. Let's keep making music!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 10 2016, 06:26 AM
Very cool!!! Love how this turned out smile.gif I"ve not done a few of these as it just seems like I'm really not needed at this point. There are plenty of folks contributing very spiff bits and it's great to see smile.gif I'm stepping back from these a bit to give everyone else a shot to shine for themselves and they are!!! Well done guys smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 9 2016, 04:54 PM) *
Well my friends - it's safe to safe the resulting track is something exceptionally cool! biggrin.gif

I can sense our community is starting to set itself apart. We're musicians here, not shred wannabes. The music speaks for itself - this is fantastic:

Agreed mate. I also feel they have even higher instructional value, as we are creating real songs together. It's such a nice feeling to create music together - even though we are far away from each other.

Oh my gosh - one word for that one: YUMMI! I want one!!

+Quote Post
acleardifference
Dec 10 2016, 02:03 PM
GREAT JOB!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 10 2016, 03:50 PM
Well that was cool!
Great Job everybody, especially Gab. That's a lot of material to distill and mix.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2016, 04:46 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the comments friends. A new amazing collab is coming very soon. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
sidthekid
Dec 10 2016, 11:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
What a unique and memorable collab, congrats everyone! GeneT95 your patches gave this song such a razor twist, and all the other solos too! \m/

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Dec 11 2016, 12:50 AM
Thanks Sid.

I think everyone created great segments that Gab fit into a Fabulous arrangement. I can never tell what I will find at the finish with so many parts, which is part of the fun. As it's always amazing.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:59 AM