Your Thoughts On Levi Clay, calling out certain Online guitar teachers
PosterBoy
Aug 25 2017, 01:35 PM
Learning Roadie
I have no problem with him calling out the Tom Hess's of this world. I fell for Tom's marketing for a month before I saw him for what he was.

I wonder who else he is going to go after

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 25 2017, 01:51 PM
GMC:er
I casually watch his videos, and I agree with him on everything I've seen so far. His speech delivery may seem a bit aggressive and upfront which I actually enjoy, but I can see hitting a nerve on some people.

Tom Hess, from what I've seen, he seems more of a scam cult leader with some guitar chops and marketing skills rather than a good teacher.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 27 2017, 01:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
hadn't seen his videos until reading this. I watched a bunch over the weekend, thought they were really good smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2017, 02:24 PM
Instructor
I don't know him. Why are you asking? What's special about him?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 29 2017, 02:33 PM
I'd never heard of him before this thread.
His observations and subsequent ranting about other (admittedly, really bad) teachers makes it a bit difficult to actually find his lessons - which are pretty good.

In this day and age the 'flaming' does help one get traction I suppose.

*I'd never heard of Tom Hess either (or Tomasso Zillio).

This post has been edited by klasaine: Aug 29 2017, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2017, 09:59 PM
Never heard of him before this thread. But evidently, he's "Youtube famous" and has pile of fans and piles of haters. You know you are having an impact when somebody takes the time to make a Hitler meme with your name in it. Also ran across third parties talking about some beef he has with another youtube guitar guy. Going a bit far it seems?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:27 AM