Need A New Computer
jstcrsn
Nov 6 2017, 12:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
So this is what I am thinking
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...-9SIAEYJ6JP6325

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2017, 02:59 AM
GMC:er
That would do the trick smile.gif it's a fine rig and more than plenty for music/games.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 5 2017, 07:16 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 6 2017, 03:00 AM

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 6 2017, 12:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 6 2017, 02:59 AM) *
That would do the trick smile.gif it's a fine rig and more than plenty for music/games.

I was looking for that thread where you talk about your used mac , was wanting to look into that option too

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 8 2017, 02:55 AM
GMC:er
The sweet spot for used macs right now is around 2012-2013 or so. No earlier. Those machines are priced fair as they are older and you can get a quad i7 with 16gb of ram and an SSD drive for around the same price you are looking to spend if a bit less. The newer, the more expensive. The 2013 will still let you change out ram/drives etc. The brand new mac pros are sorta crap in that you can't upgrade them.

One thing to consider is software. It comes with GARAGE BAND which works a LOT like LOGIC X and you can import garage band projects in to LOGIC. But you can also use REAPER just fine. I've found my mac laptops to be extremely stable for music creation. I gave up on my windows machines a long time ago as it always seemed like some problem/issue would pop up just as I was going to record something.

Just make sure you don't get a mac with RAM soldered to the motherboard. Those macs can't be upgraded or repaired! If something goes wrong, you have to replace the entire motherboard/cpu/ram all of it. It costs more than buying another used mac so get the pre soldered version.

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 6 2017, 07:28 AM) *
I was looking for that thread where you talk about your used mac , was wanting to look into that option too

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 8 2017, 02:56 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 10:46 PM