> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jumping Around - Beginner, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Shaneb
Mar 3 2018, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Jumping Around - Beginner by Muris Varajic

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 4 2018, 01:29 PM
GMC Founder
Hi Shane - great to see a REC take from you!

This is a great choice of lesson and I can image practicing this one is already doing great things to your progress.

All in all this is pretty good. From a listeners perspective I would advise you to work on your sound, and double check your tuning/intonation - especially when playing high up on the neck around 00:43.

From an instructional perspective - you should try to emulate Muris' fingering to 100% - for example it is super important to have as many fingers as possible help support the bending (00:16).

Since this is a level 2 lesson we don't really expect you to emulate a pro vibrato - but I still recommend you start thinking about where the pros get their vibrato movement from - and how 'wide' the vibrato sounds etc. Because by working actively on your vibrato (most beginners choose not to) - you can sound like a pro before you have acquired an impressive overall technique.

Well done mate - you get a 6 from me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2018, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Shane,

Great to find your take here! Kris has marked each of the things that need attention here:

- Tone (there is something weird happening with your guitar sound)
- Tuning (intonation issues)
- Bending & Vibrato (using other fingers to help the one that is pressing the fret)

We are not working at my mentoring program so let's talk there how to deal with each of these things and let me know if you have any questions.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 7 2018, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Great choice of lesson. It's simple but makes you able to focus on playing really well. Your playing is a little shy by far....a little unconfident picking makes some timing issues to appear but that's not much of a problem. At this level of lesson your timing is really fine. will get back to it once you will develope your skills more and more - the more you can the more people damand so let's keep things linear smile.gif

Tone...it has it's charm - a little of Santana and Brian May in one sample but using modulation effects such as chorus or flanger is not a best idea for a REC take. The affect the pitch and they make us not sure if at some spots it's your fault or just the effect.

Intonation - guitars are not perfect pitch-wise. Usualyl making a single pass through just the open strings is not enough. Fretting the string makes it go a little up with the pitch. If you make a compromise to have your open strings and fretted notes tune within +/-3 cents, then overall feeling of well tuned guitar will be there smile.gif

Now besides anything else I can see one field for huge improvements and I belive you will not understand why it's any better than the way you play now, because that's how improvements work....you need to fight with old habits so anything new seems to not work well at start, but you need to have some faith in use and trust that we want only good for you adn your playing. In general your fretting hand needs some not-obvious tweaking. At this point you fret notes with a single finger. You take all other fingers away from the fretboard. What most of us do..including Muris in his original take, is to keep all fingers behind the one you fret, on the string. We litelrally use them to help fretting the note, help bending, help vibrating the string. It's always easier to do things with a help of multiple fingers. You split the tension of string on a few fingers at the same time so you actually feel things are easier/softer. The reason you dodn't understand it now is because you do not play much of fast runs yet, but you would fix this anway thourhg time. The reason I'm pointing this out is that you will have to do this anyway someday so it's worth start working on it already even of it seems weird. It will save you lot of time once you get to the point you'll understand why things work better this way. If any of this is unclear, write me a PM, We'll get to the details. all best!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 8 2018, 09:49 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:39 AM