Winamp Is Making A Comeback
Mertay
Oct 19 2018, 10:16 AM
GMC:er
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/genera...a_comeback.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2018, 07:36 PM
They sound a bit behind the curve imho? It says "you can listen to your mp3s!" But honestly, most folks (not all) have moved on and just stream most music from spotify or whatever app they are into or even from youtube. A stand alone mp3 player is just an outdated concept it seems. It does mention playing from "the cloud", but it's a crowded space for them to try to get back in to. It's fun and nostalgic though so I'll probably try it for giggles smile.gif I'm guessing lots of folks will try it just for fun.

Then again, it's owned by AOL who are also just antiquated. But heck, I used to love that app so yeah, I'll probably be the first in line smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 19 2018, 05:16 AM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 21 2018, 12:02 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 20 2018, 06:36 PM) *
They sound a bit behind the curve imho? It says "you can listen to your mp3s!" But honestly, most folks (not all) have moved on and just stream most music from spotify or whatever app they are into or even from youtube. A stand alone mp3 player is just an outdated concept it seems. It does mention playing from "the cloud", but it's a crowded space for them to try to get back in to. It's fun and nostalgic though so I'll probably try it for giggles smile.gif I'm guessing lots of folks will try it just for fun.

Then again, it's owned by AOL who are also just antiquated. But heck, I used to love that app so yeah, I'll probably be the first in line smile.gif
Todd

"There will be a completely new version next year, with the legacy of Winamp but a more complete listening experience.

"You can listen to the MP3s you may have at home, but also to the cloud, to podcasts, to streaming radio stations, to a playlist you perhaps have built."

Aside typical streaming, podcasts etc. being mentioned it might be an interesting platform. The design is pretty simple so very easy to adapt to phone too.

Another note would be that there are tons of add-ons for winamp, like dj ,special fx, visual...addons some dating to the 90's. So I see a big potential but we'll wait and see how things will shape.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2018, 02:06 AM
I liked the ability for it to use plugins smile.gif I remember that was my favorite part of it back in the day. Now that everything has shifted to mobile, the time of the desktop playback app has largely passed for most folks. I hope their mobile app innovates in the same way their desktop app used to. But we shall see smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 21 2018, 07:02 AM) *
"There will be a completely new version next year, with the legacy of Winamp but a more complete listening experience.

"You can listen to the MP3s you may have at home, but also to the cloud, to podcasts, to streaming radio stations, to a playlist you perhaps have built."

Aside typical streaming, podcasts etc. being mentioned it might be an interesting platform. The design is pretty simple so very easy to adapt to phone too.

Another note would be that there are tons of add-ons for winamp, like dj ,special fx, visual...addons some dating to the 90's. So I see a big potential but we'll wait and see how things will shape.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 22 2018, 04:13 PM
Update; https://www.winamp.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Oct 25 2018, 07:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Remember the guy that originally wrote Winamp is the same guy who gives us the Reaper DAW

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 25 2018, 06:43 PM
Never knew that! Wow!! That guy has some serious coding skills!!
Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Oct 25 2018, 02:39 AM) *
Remember the guy that originally wrote Winamp is the same guy who gives us the Reaper DAW

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:40 PM