> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2020, 01:18 AM
Instructor
Welcome mate!

EDIT:

Tflava's compositions playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL70n...zCa7Ya9StJFjIyc

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 8 2021, 03:18 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 27 2020, 07:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks mate. For my second or third time 🤣
I had to study more theory to have a solid background and understand more things. I also discovered in the last years what works for me and what not.

But i am glad to be back and Looking forward to work together with yall.

I have some things that i'm working on for the coming months .

I started the lesson rhytmic funk development from Diego budicin and wil working on that one. Im also working on the song sanitarium from metallica and wil revord it in a couple of weeks i think.

My goal is also to study the modes and im working on improvisation with it to cover 2 or 3 style in one mode and record it. They are the 7 normal modes but also 3 modes of the melodic minor and 2 of the harmonic minor.

For my Technique Am i focussing on my legato and study that from a lesson book. In the future i will also do bens land of legato and another legato song.

At least im working on latin improvisation. Rhythm and lead.

So as you can hear i do a lot but i've made a schedule so i don't forget my goals. My main focus is improvisation and i made and maybe will make some arrangement in different styles.

If its ok i will send you sometimes some improvisation or recordings so you can help me.

Thanks in advance man.

Greetz tim

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2020, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!! Thanks for the update! I'm glad to know that you are back here and that we'll continue working together! Your goals and plan sound very good to me.

Feel free to share your progress, ask questions and posts improvs here every time you need it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 28 2020, 12:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate,

Here my first improvisation. Jazz ionian. I tries to stay in 2 areas with my solo and to end some times on the extensions. The 9th or 13th.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 28 2020, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Nice first improv!!

The quality of your video is amazing! When practicing improvisation, and mostly when learning to improvise over jazz and fusion backings, I think that it's good to work on different concepts each day. In this Jam, I can see that you are exploring the scale shapes, and creating linear phrasing. It's very important to continue doing it to get more and more familiar with this type of phrasing.

The main thing that this improvisation is lacking is to use wider intervals in your phrases. This is a characteristic of jazz and fusion players.

Some concepts/techniques that helped me with this:

- Using Hybrid Picking.
- Superimposing triads and arpeggios.
- String skipping.
- Superimposing Pentatonics

Have you ever tried these ideas?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 28 2020, 02:59 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 28 2020, 04:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Thanks. I recorded it with my audio interface this time.

Thanks for the feedback man.
I will focus on some wider intervals and will super impose some arpeggios. I think i will first super impose all the triads that excist with in the G major scale so i can hear what it sound.

And maybe later i can trie to superimpose the 4 note arpeggios over the chords then.

I will also try to super impose other pentatonics. I'll keep you updated. Thanks a lot

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 28 2020, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Excellent!! Keep me updated mate!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 30 2020, 11:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello man.

i'm also working on your song rock ballad licks.
here i have record myself at 70 bpm.
I will focus next week(s) on getting it at 82 bpm.

Maybe you have things where i have to care extra.

And do you play it clean or with a Light toch of overdrive?
thanks.

greetz tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Oct 30 2020, 12:21 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2020, 02:07 PM
Instructor
Nice!! It's cool to see you playing this one!! smile.gif

This lesson is full of small details. You are playing the whole thing tight and clean except by the last lick that has timing issues.

I think that you need to continue playing this one in order to feel more comfortable with the different parts. You need to feel more familiar with the licks.

And then, the following things to polish are:

- Articulation: Notes duration.
- Bending and Vibrato
- Dynamics & groove

How?

Work again on smaller section trying to get the more of these elements.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 31 2020, 09:09 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok thanks. I will focus on it and try to practice each part seperate.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2020, 07:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Oct 31 2020, 05:09 AM) *
Ok thanks. I will focus on it and try to practice each part seperate.

Greetz

Great!! Keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 1 2020, 09:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

here is my new jazz improvisation. I tried to superimpose the Bm7 and Em7 over it. And also to impose the B minor pentatonic scale over it.
The other triads didnt sound right for me over the track somehow. Maybe because of the 4 or 11th in it.

I also liked to play the F# minor pentatonic over it but didnt use it in this improvisation because it put me in the Lydian mode and i wanted to stay in Ionian. I also tgried to make wider intervals.

Here is also a rec from Rhytmic funk development. I have to studie hard on this one to get the groove and the licks under control and sometimes i rushed a bit. But i wanted to record it in this stage so you can hear the progress ( i hope so then laugh.gif )

Thanks in advanced mate for your help.

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2020, 02:01 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Good stuff here!

I can hear that you are using all those concepts now in your jazz improvisation. There is still room to get more comfortable with them but this is definitely in the right direction. I would continue working on this ideas while adding this two elements:

- Motif development
- Incorporating some jazz licks into your vocabulary (you can borrow them from Stephane's GMC lessons)

But again, those wider intervals and superimposing tricks are making your phrases more jazzy/fusion style. Keep going!

The rhythm lesson is also on the right track, but it obviously need more work in order to make all those grooves sound tighter. At this point, I feel that you should dedicate some time to work on small blocks instead of playing the whole thing over and over.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 2 2020, 08:03 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright thanks man.
I will try to focus on motifs now and try to incorporate all the other things. I have problems learning Licks because i forget them soon butt i will listen some more to jazz Licks.

I will also move forward to another backing track butt still practice the jazz sometimes to get more comfortabele with this style. Thanks

With the funk i will now work on the parts alone and build the speed from 50 percent using guitar pro. I will take another Rec over a week and see how the progress is then.
Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2020, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Everything sounds GREAT! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 2 2020, 03:42 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 5 2020, 03:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

Here i recorded the rock ballad.
I have problems with the speed lick in the beginning.
In the lick in 00.30 i used my fourth finger and a slide instead of my third finger but i will also trie to use my 3th finger and see if that works better for me.

greetz

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2020, 08:42 PM
Instructor
Cool!! This is getting better mate! Yes, those two parts need special attention so I would isolate the licks and work on them as exercises. These are also cool licks to incorporate into your own vocabulary when improvising.

Besides that, there is room to polish articulation and other details but this is much better now. You are on the right track!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 7 2020, 08:40 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright man. Working on it. I'll try to play those Licks every day to get the proper speed.
And i will sure incorporate that lick in my arsenaal 💪
I think that its good for me to use some more sequencial ideas like these Lick in my own improvisation.

I'll keep working 👍

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2020, 01:33 AM
Instructor
Great! Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 9 2020, 10:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey man.

Here is an improvisation of me practicing my latin rhythm and lead.
I tried to comp in the background and play the changes.
I tried to only accent one or 2 notes during the 3 chord because its so short.
Im curious what you think about it. smile.gif

I also keep on practicing the funk.
This is a week further now so i thought i show yhou the progress.
What do you think of the tone? It is hard to fill tghe backing track zo i have a little delay. i thought it was ok but im curious to what you think about the guitar sound.

Thanks in advance man!

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:03 AM