> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Timmez
Sep 14 2021, 08:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks man. She is a really good singer yes smile.gif
She is also a sing coach for a living and a real good entertainer so its very nice to work togerther with her cool.gif

The show was real nice. The sound was not like were used to. Normally we play with our own sound engineer and he got our main setting in his mixer and knows how we play. This time it was a young man who was a little bit stressed. I asked for a bit revrerb but he gave me delay so it was a reall mess. I heard everything with delay laugh.gif the drumm the voice etc. Luckely i said him to turn it off and he did.

We all play with in ear monitors so i have my own mix which i think is really nice for gigging. I also play wirelss with my guitar so i can walk on stage freely. but the sound wasnt like were used to but it was still good. Upcoming 2 gigs this week ad next week our own sound engineer iw with us.

For the songs we play a lot of stuff. We normally play 3 sets of 15 to 18 songs.
We play funky disco stuff like bad girls and disco inferno but we also play some cool rock tunes like sweet child o'mine, highway to hell and whole lotta rosie.
We allso play rock and roll like chuck berry, elvis presley and more.
And we also play dance music like cake by the ocean, skyy full of stars, shut up and dance and others smile.gif

So we are divers and thats what i like. We only play covers and dont play own songs like your band smile.gif From the band im the only one who write stuff smile.gif

Do you have upcoming gigs allready?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2021, 11:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Cool stuff!! It's must be pure fan to play all these songs like. smile.gif

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, it's always better to work with the same sound engineer, but that's not always possible. One of the last investments of my band have been a mixing console and the cool thing is that we can control our personal mixes from our phones. This made a big difference.

We are preparing Ramen's debut show for December! We are very happy to know that we can finally play live!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 16 2021, 01:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 14 2021, 10:37 PM) *
Hi mate! Cool stuff!! It's must be pure fan to play all these songs like. smile.gif

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, it's always better to work with the same sound engineer, but that's not always possible. One of the last investments of my band have been a mixing console and the cool thing is that we can control our personal mixes from our phones. This made a big difference.

We are preparing Ramen's debut show for December! We are very happy to know that we can finally play live!

Hey mate.

Yes its nice to do smile.gif

Ow thats very nice. Then you can make your own mix and be independent 😎

Very nice man. Is it your very first show with Ramen? Then its extra exciting to play.

I recorded a solo today for the new latin collab. What do you think?

Greetz tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2021, 02:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!

Good job with this one! I really like what you've played. The melodies, and the note choices are very tasty. There just a few things that I would work here:

- Adjust timing and try to give this one more groove. Feel the rhythm of the backing track.
- Check the last bend's pitch.
- What about using a sound with less distortion so you can also focus more on dynamics?

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 16 2021, 03:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks man.

I will try and focus on the things you said. I think i will record this one and shoot a vid of me playing also.
Keep you updates smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 17 2021, 01:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

Here i recorded it again. focussing more on dynamics.
The beginning part i played with my thumb for a soft sound.
Then the second rif that i pick i try to increase the dynamics. Adter that in the middle where i play the pedal lick i tried to mute and play softly and from there on increase the dynamics and play louder.
I also used less gain. Also i tried to play it more groovier. Especially the beginning part with the octaves.
What do you think of it?

i have to say i really like the solo in itself with the note choice and rhythms smile.gif

PS tonight im gonna mix the Another one song from long time back so i can finish that song also laugh.gif

Edit: i mixed it and made a new topic with my New song smile.gif

greetz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Sep 18 2021, 07:08 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2021, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! This is GREAT!! Everything is amazing here. Your tone, your technique, your groove, the dynamics. It's awesome how much you could improve the first take mate.

I love it! Congrats!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 21 2021, 07:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot man. And thanks again for your feedback smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2021, 02:55 PM
Instructor
You're welcome mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 25 2021, 06:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

How are you?
Here is a vid of my band playing on a wedding yesterday.
Wanted to show you the vid because im the one who is singing 😎

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2021, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Everybody is having a great time! And your singing is really good mate.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the vid.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 27 2021, 12:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot mate.
I recorded a new funk improvisation.
I tried to focuss on groove and building some motifs and expand them.
What do you think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2021, 03:43 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 27 2021, 07:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks man for your feedback.
I have a music notebook where i write down important stuff i want to remember and to loock back sometimes.
I know also made a chapter with Gabriel concepts smile.gif
Then i will try to incorporate that. The first 2 things i wrote now are:
- use silence
- make up a main theme and let it repeat during the improvisation.
I will try to use that and make another take of this funk backing track.

I also have a question. Sometimes i dont know whats better to do. I improvise a lot but i also compose things. If i compose things it always sound better because everything needs to be right then. Is it better to compose more and improvise less or not?
At the moment i try to improvise using some different concepts regadring of the backing track. im also working on composing but less then improvising.
At the end i want to be able to miprovise in real time and come up with cool enjoyable stuff. Sow hats better do you think?

And thanks for your comment about my singing. I started a jam session band with 3 other guys where we have to play 1 time a month in a bar. There im gonna sing much more so i will try to make that also better.

thanks again mate for your help and feedback. there is so much to learn and sometimes i dont know if im on the right track. i practice a lot and put al lot of my free time in it but sometimes it feelt like i;m stuck and then after a few weeks i see a little growth smile.gif
But i love to play and keep on playing. thanks man

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2021, 01:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Sep 27 2021, 03:27 PM) *
Thanks man for your feedback.
I have a music notebook where i write down important stuff i want to remember and to loock back sometimes.
I know also made a chapter with Gabriel concepts smile.gif
Then i will try to incorporate that. The first 2 things i wrote now are:
- use silence
- make up a main theme and let it repeat during the improvisation.
I will try to use that and make another take of this funk backing track.

Nice! smile.gif

I also have a question. Sometimes i dont know whats better to do. I improvise a lot but i also compose things. If i compose things it always sound better because everything needs to be right then. Is it better to compose more and improvise less or not?
At the moment i try to improvise using some different concepts regadring of the backing track. im also working on composing but less then improvising.
At the end i want to be able to miprovise in real time and come up with cool enjoyable stuff. Sow hats better do you think?

Good question! I don't think that there is a right or better way. This decision shapes your own style. There are guitarists that are better improvisers, and there are others that are better composers. You'll find guitarists that are extremely technical, others that have more focus on chord knowledge, and so... it's good to try to be balanced, but focusing more on what makes us happy is the way to go if you want to be genuine.

I can give you two examples.. Guthrie Govan is a killer improviser, and he always says that he finds it hard to compose. Petrucci is more on the other side. Both are legends.

I think that it's your choice.

thanks again mate for your help and feedback. there is so much to learn and sometimes i dont know if im on the right track. i practice a lot and put al lot of my free time in it but sometimes it feelt like i;m stuck and then after a few weeks i see a little growth smile.gif
But i love to play and keep on playing. thanks man

I can say that you are on the right track because you are enjoying the journey. I see you improving on both guitar and composition every day, you are playing live, you are composing music. You are a very inspiring person.

I feel that maybe one of the next goals could be to start prioritizing goals, and focus a bit more on some stuff. Maybe try to cover less things but deeply. Which ones? The ones that make you happier, the ones that you enjoy the most.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 29 2021, 02:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright thanks a lot for your words man. I think ill have an idea.

Right now my schedule is:
- day one : Technique training ( legato, picking and hybrid picking, sometimes tapping)
- day 2: improvising using different concepts.

Maybe i can try to focuss the half of the time on day 2 on improvising and the other half on more composing lines or solos.
Maybe om improvising better lines than also. Maybe ik can try to split up my youtube vids. That for every improvisation i post i also have to post an pre arrange solo smile.gif maybe its better for the focuss then smile.gif because i enkoy the solos and are Proud of it. Just like the latin collab solo

PS today i worked a little on the funk arrangement. I sing some vocal ideas. And at the end i recorded a rhythm part with altered dominant chords. I want to arrange a solo with the altered scale. What do you think of it or do you think its too dissonant regarding to the beginning of the track.?

Attached File  funk_arrangement_whole_idea.wav ( 18.99MB ) Number of downloads: 35

Attached File  funk_arrangement_alterede_solo_backing.wav ( 6.42MB ) Number of downloads: 36

This post has been edited by tflava: Sep 30 2021, 03:49 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2021, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, how are you?

I think that your guitar practice plan sounds good. The best you can do is to apply it for a few weeks and then analyze how it feels. You need some time to determine if it's the right one for you and your goals.

Regarding the funky theme ... wow! the voices sound great. I think it adds a lot to the track and that now you can give it a more "pop song" structure. I'm not convinced about the altered section yet but maybe it's because it needs some more work. The key would be to make it sound interesting but not too dissonant or complex, don't you think so?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 3 2021, 06:59 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 1 2021, 06:09 PM) *
Hi mate, how are you?

I think that your guitar practice plan sounds good. The best you can do is to apply it for a few weeks and then analyze how it feels. You need some time to determine if it's the right one for you and your goals.

Regarding the funky theme ... wow! the voices sound great. I think it adds a lot to the track and that now you can give it a more "pop song" structure. I'm not convinced about the altered section yet but maybe it's because it needs some more work. The key would be to make it sound interesting but not too dissonant or complex, don't you think so?

Hey mate.

Im good and you? Yesterday i went to a rock 'n roll band with my wife and they were awesome. I really dig rock 'n roll from time to time smile.gif

I will try the practice plan for a few weeks smile.gif

I think you are definitely right about the altered section. I think i will try to make a groovy funk section and end it with an altered chord. So i have tension and release. Then i will try to use the altered scale then. In working that one out kn the fretboard now and try to learn all the intwrvales and to play it in Thirds, fourths etc..

Ill keep you updated😎

—-----------

Edit. Today i jammed with my band and i noticed that in improvisation i lack musicality sometimes and playing the changes.
So my top goal for improvisation become playing the changes. And do it concious not by ear. What do you say? Do you Hve any tips.

So my 4 goals are:
-improving my technique
- learning the songs for my bands
- learn to compose
- learn to improvise the changes

For the first 2 goals i already have a schedule that i use and i see ir already helper to improv a lot so ill keep on going.

For the composing goal i keep on learning new stuff and aply it.
And for the improvising goal i think i will try to use the interval system of tom quayle and also try to use target notes.

Then i think for the upcoming 6 months that these ar my goals and see after that if it had improved. What do you say?

Grtz

This post has been edited by tflava: Oct 4 2021, 09:56 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2021, 02:54 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim,

Everything is good! smile.gif

I think that you need to learn the fretboard in order to play with the changes. There are many methods, and all are based on being able to view the chord tones at every moment. I studied improvisation with a Jazz guitarist who taught me a very cool visualization method based on Caged System, and Triads.

Alejandro studied with the same teacher and shared many stuff through his lessons: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructo...ejandro-Pinero/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Oct 24 2021, 04:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.

How are you?
I had some troubles with my motivation the past 2 weeks and didnt worked on my prqatice routine. I wanted to play chess more biggrin.gif

but now im back again and will continu mu routine and arrangements ":)

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:32 PM