Song Recommendations?
RockyDr
Dec 10 2007, 11:48 PM
GMC:er
Hi Everyone

I've been playing the guitar since last summer..which I think is roughly...8 months... so i'm not too experienced...but I get around tongue.gif Anywho, I started by watching a few guitar teaching dvds and playing the songs on those...then I moved up to songs that I actually wanted to play (some ACDC, Guns N Roses, Metallica.. etc). I have a crappy little acoustic playmate guitar (had it since I was like 7) and an Epiphone Special Les Paul 2 (or somethin or other) and I have ran out of things to learn how to play. I was wondering if you guys could suggest some simple (good) songs for me to learn how to play on my acoustic guitar. I wanna learn some chord based songs (with hopefully little to none B or F chords tongue.gif ) that are fun to play..

To get an idea, I like to play songs such as:

Wonderwall - Oasis
Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
Best of my Love - The Eagles
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

I'd really appreciate any song recommendations!

Thanks in advance smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 10 2007, 11:51 PM
why not leave songs aside for a bit and practice some cool GMC lessons? just a suggestion... smile.gif wink.gif

Ive never listened to to those songs/bands/artists so i couldnt give you some songs suggestions concerning that style...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Dec 10 2007, 11:53 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
RockyDr
Dec 11 2007, 12:05 AM
Well I have been practicing a few techniques, and learned a little bit about the pentatonic scale (sp?) but what I really wanna do is learn some songs so that I can pick up a guitar and play something fun. Its more important to have fun doing what you wanna do right? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 11 2007, 12:09 AM
Black Sabbath - Supernaut
Black Sabbath - Iron Man

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 12:10 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (RockyDr @ Dec 10 2007, 11:05 PM) *
Well I have been practicing a few techniques, and learned a little bit about the pentatonic scale (sp?) but what I really wanna do is learn some songs so that I can pick up a guitar and play something fun. Its more important to have fun doing what you wanna do right? tongue.gif

for sure, but here you can learn cool new things and make learning those songs you wanna play a whole lot easier and sound a whole lot better = lots more fun biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2007, 12:48 AM
Instructor
ACDC, all fun songs smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 11 2007, 12:54 AM
Instructor
How about "Nothing else matter" (metallica) or "Starwey to Heaven" (led Zeppelin)... I know I'm not so original, but those are two guitar classics smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 11 2007, 01:23 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (RockyDr @ Dec 10 2007, 06:48 PM) *
Hi Everyone

I've been playing the guitar since last summer..which I think is roughly...8 months... so i'm not too experienced...but I get around tongue.gif Anywho, I started by watching a few guitar teaching dvds and playing the songs on those...then I moved up to songs that I actually wanted to play (some ACDC, Guns N Roses, Metallica.. etc). I have a crappy little acoustic playmate guitar (had it since I was like 7) and an Epiphone Special Les Paul 2 (or somethin or other) and I have ran out of things to learn how to play. I was wondering if you guys could suggest some simple (good) songs for me to learn how to play on my acoustic guitar. I wanna learn some chord based songs (with hopefully little to none B or F chords tongue.gif ) that are fun to play..

To get an idea, I like to play songs such as:

Wonderwall - Oasis
Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
Best of my Love - The Eagles
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
I'd really appreciate any song recommendations!

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Well I must agree with what a few others have said in that the lessons here are great to learn and they will help you immensly with your playing....but I do understand where your coming from and agree for the most part. I still try to learn at least one song every month or so.....usually revolves around a lesson I've done here.

But to go with the list you mentioned a few songs I'd recommend for acoustic playing pleasure are:

Laid - James
Walls Fall down, Yer so Bad, Mary Janes Last Dance - Tom Petty
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Heart of Gold, Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young
Tweeter and the Monkey Man, Handle with Care, End of the Line - The Travelling Wilbury's
High and Dry, Creep, Karma Police - Radiohead
I could have Lied - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mama Said - Metallica
Flake - Jack Johnson
Mexico, I Wish you were here - Incubus

And absolutely anything by Johnny Cash smile.gif

These songs are not overly difficult to play...some do require a bit of technique but all are fun to play. Hope you enjoy the list.

rok

Oh and Wonderwall is the first song I always play when I pick up my acoustic smile.gif

This post has been edited by rokchik: Dec 11 2007, 01:24 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:02 AM