3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Felix Jumps Again
VilleFIN
Oct 14 2012, 06:32 PM
Tone Seeker
Does anyone know what are those paper notes on the console ?

QUOTE (Ekilo @ Oct 14 2012, 08:31 PM) *
...I see what you did there...

Wow Ben. -insert drum roll here- ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Oct 14 2012, 06:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ekilo
Oct 14 2012, 06:34 PM
GMC:er
Its the tab to "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Bill Tanner

My Facebook

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2012, 06:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Ekilo @ Oct 14 2012, 07:34 PM) *
Its the tab to "Free Fallin" by Tom Petty

laugh.gif

Watching this as well! Very exciting smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ekilo
Oct 14 2012, 06:57 PM
They better cue up some AC/DC when he jumps! That would be epic.

--------------------
Bill Tanner

My Facebook

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 14 2012, 07:21 PM
congratulations!!!!!

save returning to earth!!!

congratulations felix!!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 14 2012, 07:21 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow he did it !

+Quote Post
Ekilo
Oct 14 2012, 07:25 PM
Nailed the land like a Boss. Awesome!!

--------------------
Bill Tanner

My Facebook

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 14 2012, 07:35 PM
Instructor
Felix is the MASTER !! Congrats man smile.gif ! That swirl was scary wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 14 2012, 08:29 PM
Instructor
Well done Felix - you the man !!!! cool.gif

Was anyone else as nervous as I when he was doing the egress checks before jumping ? Me and my g/f were so tense.. really feeling it for him !

QUOTE (Ekilo @ Oct 14 2012, 06:31 PM) *
...I see what you did there...

Actually that was totally unintended.. an accidental joke ! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 14 2012, 08:29 PM

+Quote Post
Ekilo
Oct 14 2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I was. Edge of seat stuff there. I even hit play on Shoot to Thrill as soon as he stepped off. Made it even more epic.

--------------------
Bill Tanner

My Facebook

+Quote Post
Blister
Oct 14 2012, 10:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I watched it "live" & it was one of the most intense events I ever watched! I first got nervous when they were talking about the face shield heater possible malfunction. All those camera angles were amazing. I felt like I was there. And when he stepped out onto that "skateboard" size step, showed the camera view looking down... I got real nervous for him. (Did I mention that I don't like heights? ohmy.gif )
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 14 2012, 02:35 PM) *
Felix is the MASTER !! Congrats man smile.gif ! That swirl was scary wacko.gif

Even though it was expected, I didn't like the swirl.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 14 2012, 03:29 PM) *
Well done Felix - you the man !!!! cool.gif

Was anyone else as nervous as I when he was doing the egress checks before jumping ? Me and my g/f were so tense.. really feeling it for him !

I was very nervous but WOW, that was so amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 15 2012, 06:31 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Man that was simply incredible! blink.gif I actually missed it live as I didnt get up early enough but I saw the replays and the press conferance after. Again simply incredible , Congrtas Felix!! I have run across this helmet cam footage today and thought I would drop a link here in case anyone has not seen it, looks pretty spooky durring the flat spin.

http://gizmodo.com/5951725/first-head-cam-...vils-space-jump

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 15 2012, 06:56 PM
QUOTE (WeePee @ Oct 14 2012, 07:32 PM) *
Does anyone know what are those paper notes on the console ?

Wow Ben. -insert drum roll here- ph34r.gif

the papers on the console are all the checklists he has to go through when in the capsule...

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 15 2012, 09:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 15 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Man that was simply incredible! blink.gif I actually missed it live as I didnt get up early enough but I saw the replays and the press conferance after. Again simply incredible , Congrtas Felix!! I have run across this helmet cam footage today and thought I would drop a link here in case anyone has not seen it, looks pretty spooky durring the flat spin.

http://gizmodo.com/5951725/first-head-cam-...vils-space-jump

Great shot,thanks man !
I read the comments below, and also don't understand .. whether it broke the record in free fall, or not?
In fact, when I think about it -yes, he broke a record in free fall from the highest point, but not in the length !
Anyway - the iron balls, hats down wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Oct 16 2012, 02:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Rich! I hadn't seen that camera view. Definitely an amazing moment in history.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 16 2012, 04:45 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 15 2012, 12:31 PM) *
Great shot,thanks man !
I read the comments below, and also don't understand .. whether it broke the record in free fall, or not?
In fact, when I think about it -yes, he broke a record in free fall from the highest point, but not in the length !
Anyway - the iron balls, hats down wink.gif

Hmm not sure, I am fairly certain the distance of his freefall was greater than the previous record jump but the length of time it took him to cover that greater distance was shorter than the time freefalling in the previous record jump, so it seems that he would have to have traveled that greater distance in less time that the previous record jump had covered in the lesser distance, In other words he was Haulin those Iron Balls at a much greater speed than the previous record jump and had a shorter freefall time because he was traveling at a significantly greater speed. Could this be why?

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 16 2012, 06:41 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 16 2012, 05:45 AM) *
Hmm not sure, I am fairly certain the distance of his freefall was greater than the previous record jump but the length of time it took him to cover that greater distance was shorter than the time freefalling in the previous record jump, so it seems that he would have to have traveled that greater distance in less time that the previous record jump had covered in the lesser distance, In other words he was Haulin those Iron Balls at a much greater speed than the previous record jump and had a shorter freefall time because he was traveling at a significantly greater speed. Could this be why?

Yes, this is exactly what happened. He's got the record for the highest free fall now, and for the highest balloon travel. And he is the only human who ever broke the sound barrier. But the other jump from his mentor was longer (and slower).

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 16 2012, 07:54 AM
....and some say he did break the record for the longest free fall because joe kiddinger had a little stabilisation parachute....
but I guesss due to his enormous speed, staying longer in free fall would have been too dangerous..

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 16 2012, 09:24 AM
Instructor
I think it's really cool that Kittinger is able to be involved and see the next guy to go further.. 2 different generations making history smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 16 2012, 10:05 AM
Instructor
Speaking of Vertigo, I heard that the American Indians, genetically, don't have that problem, and therefore are capable of working at extremely high buildings !! True ?!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:43 PM