> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Wollace03's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2012, 05:20 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 14 2012, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 14 2012, 06:20 AM) *
Hi mate!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

well, I am 39 years old, have two kids and a demanding dayjob but I use every sparetime I get to play guitar. I play in two bands just for fun and we play around 10 gigs per year. So one band I play in is a metal band and the second one is a rock/folk/punk whatsoever band with austrian words.

I am a huge fan of Andy Timmons and Steve Vai for every note they play is outstanding in itself and I also like guitar players like Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden who may not be the shredder kings but every solo is a little song of itself. Actually I also like Randy Rhoads, Ritchie Kotzen, John 5, and many more....
I like and listen to a lot of stuff but I am a metal/rock fan since the age of 14.
I played a lot until the age of 25 and then I stopped for most of the time until the age of 34 when I got infected with guitar playing again (I was a member of GMC from 2008 to 2009).
Well. its hard to think about my strenghes when I listen to other players...I know about my weaknesses: I am s sloopy player and phrasing and articulation ist nothing I am very good at. What concerns me most is, that I always end up playing the same licks when it comes to soloing. I always think: how do all the guys come up with this great solo ideas?
So my main goal is to work on phrasing - giving every note a special sounding and be more creative when it comes to writing stuff (especially solos).
And I want to play tighter, play more precisely.

The principles of our Army are fine for me:

+ Improve your technique...yeahh!!!
+ Make music and solos... yeahher!!
+ Have fun....yeahhest
+ Destroy the enemy.....crush themn..but whom??

As I wrote in my first statement, making videos is nearly impossible right now but I add some songs we recorded for a demo wiht my band napalm quintett. Here you can here both rythm and solos.
Attached File  Sie.mp3 ( 4.95MB ) Number of downloads: 249

Attached File  Sicherheit_16Bit__V2.mp3 ( 5.05MB ) Number of downloads: 236

Attached File  Einkaufswahn__V4.mp3 ( 6.33MB ) Number of downloads: 229

I will see what I can do about the videos in the future. If you want me to record a gmc lesson, please let me know..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2012, 10:49 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! That's a nice introduction! Let's work on phrasing and solo composing! Is it possible for you to at least record audio to show me the progress?

I think that this lesson could be a cool starting step to our job toghether:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

What do you think? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 14 2012, 11:05 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 14 2012, 11:49 PM) *
Hi mate! That's a nice introduction! Let's work on phrasing and solo composing! Is it possible for you to at least record audio to show me the progress?

I think that this lesson could be a cool starting step to our job toghether:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

What do you think? smile.gif

hi!

can´t wait to start with the lesson!

audio recording is no problem (the boss br 80 is a great tool for practicing and recording).

I will start right away....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2012, 04:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Aug 14 2012, 07:05 PM) *
hi!

can´t wait to start with the lesson!

audio recording is no problem (the boss br 80 is a great tool for practicing and recording).

I will start right away....

That sounds perfect! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 19 2012, 09:54 PM
Hi!

here are two takes - far from perfect - especially the long bend towards the end of the piece always dies before I bend back down....
but I just wanted to upload these two to get your opinion.....

Attached File  Guitar_loves_piano_take1.mp3 ( 1.67MB ) Number of downloads: 229

Attached File  Guitar_loves_piano_take_4.wav ( 27.34MB ) Number of downloads: 226

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2012, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for your takes! You are very close on this one but you have to concentrate on a few things to master it perfectly. Your timing is the first thing to work. It's difficult to keep a tight timing when the tempo is slow like in this lesson but you have to find the way to count the beats inside your head while you are playing. The other two things to review are your bends and vibrato. Work a bit on these things and record a new take! Keep on the good job. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 20 2012, 10:27 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 20 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Hi mate! Thanks for your takes! You are very close on this one but you have to concentrate on a few things to master it perfectly. Your timing is the first thing to work. It's difficult to keep a tight timing when the tempo is slow like in this lesson but you have to find the way to count the beats inside your head while you are playing. The other two things to review are your bends and vibrato. Work a bit on these things and record a new take! Keep on the good job. wink.gif

Hi!
the timing in this song is very difficult for me (didn´t sound so difficut in the first place..) which I don´nt know why....and you are totally right, although I play guitar for a very long time now, I never really concentrated on vibrato and on the bends..
but I will hang in there and record a good sounding take....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2012, 06:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Aug 20 2012, 06:27 PM) *
Hi!
the timing in this song is very difficult for me (didn´t sound so difficut in the first place..) which I don´nt know why....and you are totally right, although I play guitar for a very long time now, I never really concentrated on vibrato and on the bends..
but I will hang in there and record a good sounding take....

Hi mate! that sounds good to me. And what do you think of starting working on this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 24 2012, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2012, 07:13 PM) *
Hi mate! that sounds good to me. And what do you think of starting working on this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/

Hi!

fantastic lesson!! sounds great! I love to work on this one...

but first: here´s another take on the guitar loves piano lesson (it feels like I recorded 100 takes......). still far from perfect but I think I am moving forward smile.gif ... whtat do you think?

Attached File  Guitar_loves_piano_6_m.mp3 ( 1.7MB ) Number of downloads: 215

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2012, 06:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Aug 24 2012, 07:19 PM) *
Hi!

fantastic lesson!! sounds great! I love to work on this one...

but first: here´s another take on the guitar loves piano lesson (it feels like I recorded 100 takes......). still far from perfect but I think I am moving forward smile.gif ... whtat do you think?

Attached File  Guitar_loves_piano_6_m.mp3 ( 1.7MB ) Number of downloads: 215

yeah! I agree, your take is very good, you are very close to get a take at the same level of the original one. Keep on the good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 8 2012, 10:15 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2012, 07:37 AM) *
yeah! I agree, your take is very good, you are very close to get a take at the same level of the original one. Keep on the good job! smile.gif

hi!

still busy working on the two tasks....I think I recorded dozen of takes and there are always one or two notes that spoil the whole thing...but I keep on practicing..
just wanted to drop you a line so that you know that I am still working on the tasks..

by the way... great chat today!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2012, 04:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Sep 8 2012, 06:15 PM) *
hi!

still busy working on the two tasks....I think I recorded dozen of takes and there are always one or two notes that spoil the whole thing...but I keep on practicing..
just wanted to drop you a line so that you know that I am still working on the tasks..

by the way... great chat today!!

Hi wollace! It's cool to know that you are working on the tasks! Take your time to master it but keep on practising every day! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 17 2012, 10:41 PM
hi!

was asway on a business trip sp I could practice for a few days and "guitar loves piano" really drives me crazy... here is another take but I am not sure if I am not moving backwards... there is always a mistake somewhere...

Attached File  g_loves_p_20.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 228

the tasty etude is really fun to play and if I had had more time tonight I would have recorded my first take...but it will follow soon..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2012, 01:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Sep 17 2012, 06:41 PM) *
hi!

was asway on a business trip sp I could practice for a few days and "guitar loves piano" really drives me crazy... here is another take but I am not sure if I am not moving backwards... there is always a mistake somewhere...

Attached File  g_loves_p_20.mp3 ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 228

the tasty etude is really fun to play and if I had had more time tonight I would have recorded my first take...but it will follow soon..

hey mate! this is sounding really good!! Well done! Looking forward your take on the Tasty Etude! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 5 2012, 10:29 PM
hi!

after nearly 2 weeks where I was not able to practice mad.gif I startet again today and tried to record my first take on the tasty etitude...
here it is, far from perfect but I really needed to record a first one so I did:

Attached File  tastytake1.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 217

hope to get more practicing time in the future...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2012, 05:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 5 2012, 06:29 PM) *
hi!

after nearly 2 weeks where I was not able to practice mad.gif I startet again today and tried to record my first take on the tasty etitude...
here it is, far from perfect but I really needed to record a first one so I did:

Attached File  tastytake1.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 217

hope to get more practicing time in the future...

Well done mate! This is the first step! The take is good, there are thing to adjust like timing, vibrato and expression in general... but you are not too far to master this one. Keep on playing it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 13 2012, 10:47 PM
hi!

here is my second take of the tasty etude.... I am not sure if I made much progress here (I recorded dozens of takes and everytime something was not good...) but this one is not too obviously bad...

Attached File  Tastytake2.mp3 ( 2.18MB ) Number of downloads: 215

recording myself so often makes me hear that I am a very sloppy player.. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 14 2012, 10:36 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good take! don't worry about how much this one evolves now, just keep on playing it trying to make it nicer and nicer. Feeling is the thing to work on this one. I think that we could start working on a new lesson and keep on playing the previous two ones... I have some lessons in mind... what do you think of this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bending-Ballad/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 15 2012, 08:07 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 14 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Hi mate, good take! don't worry about how much this one evolves now, just keep on playing it trying to make it nicer and nicer. Feeling is the thing to work on this one. I think that we could start working on a new lesson and keep on playing the previous two ones... I have some lessons in mind... what do you think of this one?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bending-Ballad/

great choice!!!!

its on my list of lessons I wanna do in the future so its great to start working on it now!!!
excellent choice!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:16 AM