Buy Sound To Work In Music, tips to be efficient
Osedmen
Dec 14 2014, 05:18 AM
GMC:er

Hi Gmc.

Nowadays i´m thinking the posibility to buy a sound to work in different options to perform.

1. acoustic performance.
2. like a duo or trio.
3. like a band.

what setting do you recomend me to each perform?

in the first i was thinking to buy a portable system by fender. any other posibility?

like a band i was thinking to buy 2 cabinets JBL or Yamaha.... a mixer..... microphones... etc.

maybe could be a good idea replace the mixer and using an interfaz to manage with a digital mixer and using plugins.....

may you show me some examples to set?

thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
.:: Colombian fingerstyle guitar player ::.

.:: Now available on iTunes - Spotify - Amazon - Deezer - rhapsody and more ! ::.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lone-spirit/id1057969440

https://open.spotify.com/album/2SALF0jTOJgZD57nl3A4QO

.:: Did you watch my first videoclip? ::.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IClzXkQI8E
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 15 2014, 09:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Osedmen @ Dec 14 2014, 05:18 AM) *
Hi Gmc.

Nowadays i´m thinking the posibility to buy a sound to work in different options to perform.

1. acoustic performance.
2. like a duo or trio.
3. like a band.

what setting do you recomend me to each perform?

in the first i was thinking to buy a portable system by fender. any other posibility?

like a band i was thinking to buy 2 cabinets JBL or Yamaha.... a mixer..... microphones... etc.

maybe could be a good idea replace the mixer and using an interfaz to manage with a digital mixer and using plugins.....

may you show me some examples to set?

thanks!

A typical setup I see in cafes for acoustic gigs (2 or 3 people) usually consist of :

1. Powered mixer (such as : Behringer PMP560M)
2. 2 Speakers (passive ones which fit the power of the mixer)
3. Mics/cables etc

I think the setup above is flexible. Another option is to get powered speakers and then you don't need a powered mixer, just a regular one.

Using a computer to mix the audio should also work if you have a nice audio interface on it and you are sure it won't produce latency or something. In this case you could just go for 2 active PA speakers if I'm not mistaken (someone correct me?) and connect your audio card to the speakers directly. As they are powered speakers, you'll need to also plug them into electricity power source.

My suggestion would be to start small and go for a budget option for start and then sell/buy new stuff as your needs grow. Also in many cafes you'll get to use their in house speakers system so that it one factor to consider. I'd suggest getting a solid vocals mic though from start, usually shure sm58 works well for live purposes.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions, I'll be glad to help smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:02 PM