7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Who Is Your Favorite Guitarist?
thisisnotpeter
Mar 16 2009, 08:34 AM
GMC:er
Kind of hard to choose. Off the top of my head, I'd say the guys that stand out the most would be John Petrucci, Buckethead, Mikael Akerfeldt, Alexi Laiho, and Yngwie Malmsteen. On the reverse side, I've never really understood the appeal of Eric Clapton.

And some of the instructors on the videos here are just insane. One of the guys whose names is something like "Muris Vladimir" who did that "Canon in D" rock on youtube -- goddamn, that was awesome. I replayed it like 20 times in a row just to listen to it after finding it. That's actually what got me to sign up.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by thisisnotpeter: Mar 16 2009, 08:35 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Mar 16 2009, 08:47 AM
QUOTE (thisisnotpeter @ Mar 16 2009, 09:34 AM) *
Kind of hard to choose. Off the top of my head, I'd say the guys that stand out the most would be John Petrucci, Buckethead, Mikael Akerfeldt, Alexi Laiho, and Yngwie Malmsteen. On the reverse side, I've never really understood the appeal of Eric Clapton.

And some of the instructors on the videos here are just insane. One of the guys whose names is something like "Muris Vladimir" who did that "Canon in D" rock on youtube -- goddamn, that was awesome. I replayed it like 20 times in a row just to listen to it after finding it. That's actually what got me to sign up.

That`s not Muris Vladimir biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Muris Varajic!! wink.gif
He might be best instructor at here i think smile.gif
Go and check his lessons, there are a TON of material.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AlexLion: Mar 16 2009, 08:48 AM

+Quote Post
Canis
Mar 16 2009, 11:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
You just comitted an act of blasphemy, Peter tongue.gif
Don't worry, you'll get his name right with time laugh.gif

He's definetly one of my favorites as well!
If you wanna see some more of his awesome work, check out his Guitar Idol Entry and his Extreme Neoclassical lesson, which is one of the two only level 10 lessons here on the site (he has the other one as well, actually tongue.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
thisisnotpeter
Mar 17 2009, 02:04 AM
Oops, lol. Yeah, when I posted that and didn't know his name, I didn't realize how personalized everything is here. Students actually know the instructors and vice-versa, so apparently you guys knew exactly who I was talking about.

I did some more youtube-ing and saw he entered a shredder's contest. I seriously cannot believe he lost to that "Ed the Shred" guy.

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

+Quote Post
Tono Fyr
Mar 17 2009, 08:45 AM
Andre Olbrich, John Petrucci, Arjen Lucassen, Heri Joensen, Mikeal Akerfeldt, Jeff Loomis.

+Quote Post
johnvg
Mar 23 2009, 05:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Luca Turilli, Michael Romeo, Yngwie Malmsteen, Kiko Loureiro, André Olbrich

+Quote Post
Matej
Aug 2 2010, 12:19 AM
Alex Laiho, Dimebag Darrell, Steve Vai, Kirk Hammet....

--------------------
with liberty and metal 4 all

+Quote Post
Tortoise
Aug 23 2010, 07:11 AM
I think I may be ignorant of technicalities or I may not have distinguished songs from guitar work.....but, I think this is my vote:

Johnny Ramone
Jack White
Buckethead
Neil Young (especially the needle and the damage done)
Greg Ginn!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 23 2010, 08:15 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
In no particular order:

Scott Ian
Alex Skolnick
Adrian Smith
Marcus Siepen
Richie Sambora
Neal Schon
Jerry Cantrell
Eric Peterson
Tony Bourge
Jeff Hanneman
Devin Townsend
Gary Moore
Mark Knopfler

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Shime
Aug 23 2010, 01:39 PM
Jeff Waters
Muris Varajic
Michael "Machine" Keene
Niels Lofgren
Will Adler
David Davidson
Vlatko Stefanovski
smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Aug 23 2010, 02:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Carlos Santana
Slash
Jimmy Page
Mark Knopfler
Eric Clapton
Yngwie Malmsteen
Kirk Hammett

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 23 2010, 06:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
kurt cobain has always been my favorite shredder- i mean have you ever just listened to the solo in teen spirit

laugh.gif
just kiddin
i'm not even going to try this one

+Quote Post
slash48
Aug 23 2010, 07:52 PM
These guys are my favorite-Guthrie Govan, Paul Gilbert, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Gary Moore

--------------------

+Quote Post
LasseHenriksen
Aug 23 2010, 08:47 PM
Yngwie Malmsteen,Lynch,Andy Timmons and John Petrucci wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Aug 24 2010, 01:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Paul Gilbert

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
tonydbluesdog
Aug 24 2010, 01:52 AM
Eric Clapton, Otis Rush, Freddie King, B.B. King, Peter Green, Dickey Betts, Keith Richards.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 24 2010, 02:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Ben Kasica from Skillet, a Christian Hard Rock Group.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 24 2010, 04:48 AM
Her

Followed by Jimmy Page

+Quote Post
Laurence2010
Aug 26 2010, 10:01 PM
Well, I value tonality and soulful phrasing over speed.
#1 David Gilmour
#2 Carlos Santana
#3 Jimmy Page
#4 Alex Lifeson
#5 Steve Howe
#6 Johnny Marr
#7 John Petrucci
#8 Luther Perkins
#9 James Burton
#11 Pete Anderson

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 26 2010, 10:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
In no particular order

Muris Varajic, Marcus Lavendell, Piotr Kaczor, Jonathan Burgos, John Petrucci, Michael Romeo, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Carlos Santana... tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:28 PM