> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Solo in D, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

meltedgraphics
Jan 6 2013, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

Please let me know what you think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2013, 10:07 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is a very tricky lesson for beginners! You dd a great effort learning the whole piece and I think that you will be mastering this one soon if you continue working hard. The most important things to work on are timing, there are many sections (mostly the faster ones but also some of the slower ones like the lick at 00:18). Your bending technique also need some more practice, because you don't reach exactly to the pitch that you should get (don't miss this lesson for bending: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...String-Bending/ ). And finally you also have to work on Sweep Picking picking technique (that lick at: 00:48). You will find many lessons at the site.

Working on exercises diary will really help so I also suggest to check my intensive technique course and let me know if you need help with the lessons.

ITC: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42832

So well, it's not a bad take! you are really on the right track, just keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 6 2013, 10:07 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Hey man! I think that since timing and articulation are the main things to focus on, in this situation you should slow everything down and focus on these. Aside from Gabe's great advices, I would suggest that one you are comfy with all the parts at full speed, you should play against the original recording, and why not even record against it and then listen to see if you are in perfect synch with it smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 10 2013, 10:46 AM
Instructor
Hi there, nice effort !! Like the BC Rich too, rockin' the pointy look there ! cool.gif

You generally do a good job, just need to polish some details is all. Nothing massive.

Gabriel's already highlighted the same things I would pick up on which is timing and bending. There are a few places where you go in front of the beat. This is characterised by sounding as if you are rushing. If you ever hear this in your own or other people's playing, that's what's happening there, just playing in front of the beat. Once you recognise that effect you can make a conscious effort to avoid it smile.gif

String bending just needs some more work as well. Just to get them notes up to pitch. At the moment they're falling just a little bit short, so they just need pushing up a tiny bit more so they're sounding right.

Sweep picking. I have an issue with sweep picking being in a beginner lesson at all. It shouldn't be in there, in my opinion and then you wouldn't have to worry about tackling it. So I'm not going to criticise your sweeping here because in my opinion it's not your fault. You're still getting a handle on bending and timing and it's way to early to introduce confusing techniques like that. smile.gif

So just those 2 things to polish up and you'll be getting there !

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 10 2013, 04:59 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:36 AM