Finally! Ibanze Fanned Fret 8 String
Todd Simpson
Aug 7 2015, 05:24 AM
GMC:er
Bless the Gods, Ibanez has finally seen fit to put fanned fret 8 string guitars in to production. For those new to the idea, the slanted / fanned frets, allow for proper string tension. Unlike non fanned 8 string guitars, the high strings aren't so tight that they don't like to bend or do vibrato. The fanning allows longer scale length where it's needed (low strings) and shorter scale length where it's needed (higher strings).

I want one of these more than I've wanted anything in a looooong time. I really hope to see one in the wild!!!!! I know it's a niche thing though. The only GMCer that I can think of off hand that might like one is BEN! smile.gif Anybody else?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page...&color=CL01

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2015, 08:12 AM
Instructor
You think correctly, T-Master - that is a thing of beauty.. praise Lord Zeus indeed!

Now I've just got to figure out exactly which bank to rob............. ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 8 2015, 04:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I really like the finish on it... now if only Ibanez made one that didn't look like it belongs in a Salvador Dali painting... ph34r.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 8 2015, 06:32 AM
Learning Roadie
I would definitely benefit from one!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 07:08 PM
GMC:er
Me too smile.gif The scale length required for the 8th string to be tight enough makes the higher strings just a bit less expressive IMHO. Thus why you don't see as much bending and vibrato on very many folks (not all of course) using 8 string guitars. IN many cases you hear a lot of open note chugging. Which is fine of course, but ideally, a guitar should be an expressive instrument IMHO and bending/vibrato is part of that.

Todd

QUOTE (thefireball @ Aug 8 2015, 01:32 AM) *
I would definitely benefit from one!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2015, 09:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2015, 03:24 AM
Instructor
That's so awesome. I hope to see one of you rocking it soon!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:44 PM