Gone, Out of here
Phil66
Dec 23 2018, 12:44 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sorry folks, I love GMC but I have to leave for a while, it might be one day, one month, one year who knows? Speak soon.
Life is a bastard

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2018, 01:53 AM
GMC:er
Egad!! Dude, I hate to see you go. I've really enjoyed your playing and it's been fun in Quick Licks and in Boot Camp. It won't be the same without ya!!!!! Hurry back smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 22 2018, 07:44 PM) *
Sorry folks, I love GMC but I have to leave for a while, it might be one day, one month, one year who knows? Speak soon.
Life is a bastard

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 23 2018, 08:55 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 23 2018, 12:53 AM) *
It won't be the same without ya!!!!! Hurry back smile.gif

+1! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 23 2018, 11:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 22 2018, 11:44 PM) *
Life is a bastard

It is.
take care dude.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2018, 12:39 PM
Sorry folks, with all that has been happening lately and a touch too much of the devil's juice (my workers bought me a litre of JD for Christmas) along with some very sentimental messages my wife was getting last night, (for those that don't know my wife's dad died very recently), we were both in a bad place. I've also had my mom in hospital a few times lately with pneumonia , she also suffers with depression to a suicidal level which has been rearing its ugly head. Its been a hard time recently. Things just got on top of me and I've been bottling a lot up. In some ways last night was cathartic as a lot of emotion was released.

I'm not leaving GMC, I'll never leave GMC no matter what life throws at me, I may need to take a break one day like Scott had to recently, but I'll never leave.

I sincerely apologise for my message, I don't normally drink so much, it was a combination of good times turning into bad times and alcohol exaggerates mood.

Sorry.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 23 2018, 12:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2018, 01:07 PM
No worries. These things happen smile.gif Sounds like life is trying to put it's boot on your neck and that's never fun. Stay strong, feel free to vent, we are here for ya!!!!

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 23 2018, 07:39 AM) *
Sorry folks, with all that has been happening lately and a touch too much of the devil's juice (my workers bought me a litre of JD for Christmas) along with some very sentimental messages my wife was getting last night, (for those that don't know my wife's dad died very recently), we were both in a bad place. I've also had my mom in hospital a few times lately with pneumonia , she also suffers with depression to a suicidal level which has been rearing its ugly head. Its been a hard time recently. Things just got on top of me and I've been bottling a lot up. In some ways last night was cathartic as a lot of emotion was released.

I'm not leaving GMC, I'll never leave GMC no matter what life throws at me, I may need to take a break one day like Scott had to recently, but I'll never leave.

I sincerely apologise for my message, I don't normally drink so much, it was a combination of good times turning into bad times and alcohol exaggerates mood.

Sorry.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 23 2018, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 23 2018, 11:39 AM) *

No need to apologise smile.gif we're all here from all over the world with different religion and political views cause through music we're more connected to our souls than likely most, so I think its safe to say its very understandable given what you've been going through.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 23 2018, 02:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm sorry to hear life is throwing stones at you, Phil. I can't say I know your exact situation and what you are going through, but we have had a few private messages where I have told you about my situation. I completely understand your reaction-post on this, and I also completely understand the follow up explaining the situation.

Life is not easy, and I'm not one to live by my own words and hopefully good advice. It can be difficult to keep looking for those small lights of hope, but that's what you gotta do, and if you have some of those bright small lights or moments, don't give up on them. This could be GMC for some people, it could be a dog or reading a book. You name it. Life throws more bad things at some people than others, but if we can, we gotta march on looking for those lights.

This was a very short post in regards to this topic. I could write pages upon pages.

My inbox both here and on Facebook is always open if you need it, Phil. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2018, 06:27 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words, tolerance and understanding.

I was going to ask Kris to delete this thread which he can if he wants but I think it would be okay leaving it to show visitors that we are like a family here at GMC, even though most of us have not met.

Now let's go and find some of those lights Ben was talking about.

Thank you all.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 23 2018, 07:26 PM
GMC Founder
I have my fingers crossed for you mate!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2018, 07:42 PM
Thank you Kris

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Adam
Dec 23 2018, 07:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 23 2018, 06:27 PM) *
I was going to ask Kris to delete this thread which he can if he wants but I think it would be okay leaving it to show visitors that we are like a family here at GMC, even though most of us have not met.

Exactly.

I'm not good at talking but I'll always be happy to listen. Take care!

-Adam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 24 2018, 12:51 PM
Thanks, I'm starting to feel a bit of a dick for posting it now sad.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 24 2018, 01:05 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 27 2018, 03:09 PM
Instructor
What can I say....

It's alwasy a shame to loose such a great member....even if for a short period...

We all struggle with some problems...not all of us speak out in public but just want you to know our thougths are with you. I hope things will figure out somehow...

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 27 2018, 05:49 PM
Thank you Darius, please read the explanation HERE, I hope you understand.

It's been a crap year and last night my next door neighbour died, he and his wife lived there when we moved in 28 years ago, we've helped each other a lot over the years. He was only 55, the years older than me.

Just need to get 2018 behind us, we're going away tomorrow to the seaside until January 2nd, should do us both good.

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Dec 27 2018, 10:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 27 2018, 04:49 PM) *
Just need to get 2018 behind us, we're going away tomorrow to the seaside until January 2nd, should do us both good.

hope you have a chilled out time dude smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 27 2018, 10:42 PM
Thanks buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:18 PM