Help With Finding A Gear Solution
Marek Rojewski
Aug 28 2017, 11:54 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Greetings venerable GMC members! wink.gif I have a specific request:
I am now only playing using my Line 6 Toneport, wearing headphones and sitting next to my laptop. This won't change soon, as I don't think I will find time to rehearse with a band. The thing that changed is that my girl friend would like me to play her from time to time, and this can't be done using the Toneport while wearing headphones:P

So a total gear noob is looking for something that doesn't take too much space, can be used like the Line 6 Toneport, but also can have speakers attached, and is more up to date / have better quality than the old faithful Toneport.

If you have some set in mind - speakers included, than speakers suggestions are also more than welcome.

As I mentioned I don't expect to play outside of my room for the time being, but if there are few similar things, one of which could be used in a bigger number of different situations, than I can pay for that too.

I think that it is relatively clear what I am after, but if it isn't please tell, and I will try to elaborate.

Thanks in advance!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 28 2017, 12:11 PM
GMC:er
A yamaha thr5 is pretty much designed for such solutions, I never owned one but it always had rave reviews. It has been out for a few years so if you want something newer check vox adio air gt.

But why not just buy active speakers for the toneport as a budget solution? even the cheap chinese stuff could work for you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2017, 05:08 AM
GMC:er
There are WADS of options but you didn't mention your budget? That one factor will determine what you can get. Also, are you open to a small practice amp sort of thing? Does it have to be an audio interface? Does it have to connect to your computer? Right off the bat I"m thinking of the Yamaha unit that MERTAY mentioned. It's got speakers built in, very small and light to carry, acts as an audio interface and has software control. You can use it with or without your laptop and you can run it out to a power amp or mixer/pa as well smile.gif

The YAMAHA THR5 might be just right and it's fairly inexpensive on the used market.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:07 PM