Singning, murat
Chokehold
Sep 16 2008, 06:21 PM
GMC:er
Well i have seen all this singing lessons here at GMC, but i wonder one thing. do they just improve your singing or can anyone get a good singing voice? even if you have an useless voice? sorry if i confuse anyone biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Sep 16 2008, 07:06 PM
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Sep 16 2008, 01:21 PM) *
Well i have seen all this singing lessons here at GMC, but i wonder one thing. do they just improve your singing or can anyone get a good singing voice? even if you have an useless voice? sorry if i confuse anyone biggrin.gif

This is the kind of question that can set off a ton of debate. Not that it's a bad thing...it's just that it's hard for people to agree on what's "good" when it comes to music.

Kurt Cobain and Billy Corgan. Bad singers but wildly successful.

Whether you can get "good" depends on what your goals are. If you're planning on using the singing lessons here to sound like Placido Domingo, it ain't gonna happen.

Because it's part of your body and you use it every day, what your potential sound could depends as much as what you've done with it in the past and how your body is structured as much as any training and exercise you do. Singing lessons will teach you how to work what you have by teaching how to control it and how to exercise it properly. In gaining strength and control over your voice, you may be able to work out some of the problems that you have with it. You could just figure out how to do what you want to do with it without eliminating all of the problems. Depending on how you look at it, a lot of singers' vocal issues are part of what makes them sound different.

So that's my long answer. I'm sure you'll get others. I'm not a singer myself, but I've spent a lot of time watching singers practice and get lessons, so I'm no expert.

Short answer is: It depends. tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2008, 07:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think that almost anyone with a good singing practice/lessons can achieve descent results! It really matters how much the person is dedicated to the learning!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Sep 16 2008, 07:22 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Sep 16 2008, 07:31 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi Chokehold!

Your question is a typical question, so don`t worry... smile.gif

I think this topic maybe can helps:

Topic about Natural ability or training

This Topic is on my personal Board

Feel free to ask anything

Luciana

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 17 2008, 10:06 AM
Instructor
I think if a person puts a considerable amount effort in something - it can do it. This relates to everything in life and singing as well..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 17 2008, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Very good question !

I think it comes down to what you want to do with singing.
Do you want to sing in choir, be backing vocalist, or lead singer?

First two (choir and backing) require practice , good intonation and steady voice - and lot of practice if you never sang in high school music classes! The last one requires that EXTRA something which is talent to emulate different type of voices and take singing to another level.

I personally know a lot of singers that fit in first category and right now in my town there is 3 great singers (all female) who can emulate anybody's style of playing and give that special something to the performance and sound of the band.

Hope this helped you somewhat wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 17 2008, 02:22 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 17 2008, 02:03 PM) *
I personally know a lot of singers that fit in first category and right now in my town there is 3 great singers (all female) who can emulate anybody's style of playing and give that special something to the performance and sound of the band.

Hey,what a bout Kerber biggrin.gif
On topic.
Well,there is amount of quality in birth voice ,that effects to a certian level the whole picture.But,any thing can be practiced(when it comes to technique),but the color of your voice is your own,and only small changes can be made in general.
Best way to answer your question(in your case),is,upload a short mp3 on my board,and I will tell you where you stand,and what exactly to practice.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Sep 17 2008, 05:58 PM
never mind this then as there already were one Topic about Natural ability or training so i may find my answers there. thanks for all help anyway! and i'm not gonna record myself singing biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:31 AM