Mother Of All Guitar Software!
Jesse
Sep 19 2009, 09:20 AM
GMC:er
http://www.creativedetectors.com/autoDetect.html ...

I'mma try it out!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wabba
Sep 19 2009, 09:52 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Looks pretty cool man! smile.gif
Is there a trial version avaiable? And does it do anything else than detects what notes are in the song?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 19 2009, 09:54 AM
Instructor
I am not big fan of this software as it takes away beauty of listening to music countless times, transcribing it or playing it by ear!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 19 2009, 10:19 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Sep 19 2009, 10:54 AM) *
I am not big fan of this software as it takes away beauty of listening to music countless times, transcribing it or playing it by ear!

Nah, me either. I still prefer to play along with the music, trying to figure out the notes by ear. When I started leaning guitar there wasn't even decent tape recorders around, so you just have to worn out the record.... tongue.gif I think you will learn music much better taking it by ear, listen to the phrases and the accents and then try to imitate it...

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 19 2009, 10:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Sep 19 2009, 11:19 AM) *
Nah, me either. I still prefer to play along with the music, trying to figure out the notes by ear. When I started leaning guitar there wasn't even decent tape recorders around, so you just have to worn out the record.... tongue.gif I think you will learn music much better taking it by ear, listen to the phrases and the accents and then try to imitate it...

//Staffay

I couldn't agree more with you Staffay, well said smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Sep 19 2009, 11:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker

Very true, to figure the notes out by ear is way more rewarding.

It's great thought to have the option today to do it faster. If i would count all the time i spend with my tape recorder to capture songs and solos back then .. oh man, i guess a big part of it could have been spend a bit more useful.

Anyway, .. i'm happy to not have had this option smile.gif. It's hard to choose the difficult route if there is an easier solution laugh.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Sep 19 2009, 02:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
What about looking at it from a the perspective of ear training? Another tool to help. I see these things as an augment to developing skills, and not a replacement for them. For 24 bucks, you might just use it to learn something that will help you later on. Just a thought.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 19 2009, 03:29 PM
Instructor
I like this!
Sure it shouldn't replace you ears, but it can be a good tool to gain time.
As long as your ears have the final word, I'm all for this type of software!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 19 2009, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Sep 19 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I like this!
Sure it shouldn't replace you ears, but it can be a good tool to gain time.
As long as your ears have the final word, I'm all for this type of software!

Yes, I agree with David, ears are most important, but this can be very useful in some situations.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 19 2009, 04:56 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 19 2009, 04:39 PM) *
Yes, I agree with David, ears are most important, but this can be very useful in some situations.

+1, well said...

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 19 2009, 05:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well, thats true that it can be some sort of time-saver - but on the other hand: If you cant hear what is playing, you probably cant play it either. I take myself as a good example: I will never be a lightning fast guitar player, cause I simply cant hear what the fastest guys are playing or I cant even think that super-fast phrases. Then we have the problem with the most musical software, which tends to be so complicated that it takes longer time to learn than it would have done doin it the other way round. I use Cubase for recording, and have done since the eighties, but I still can't manage all functions in the proggie.... biggrin.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Joruus
Sep 20 2009, 02:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looks nice.. i might get it smile.gif

It also allows you to remove an instrument from the song.. so creating a backing track very easy of any song biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Guitars: Ibanez Jem 7vwh, Ibanez RG 350 DX, Gibson Les Paul Studio
Effects: Line 6 PODxt + FBV MKII Express pedal
Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 15

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 20 2009, 12:03 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm is this something similar to "Direct access option" of Melodyne software (which is in beta now!) :
http://www.celemony.com/cms/

Anyway , technology advances, its always better to learn by ear but for some things this may prove useful too! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 21 2009, 05:38 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)

I also prefer to use my ears smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Sep 22 2009, 05:56 AM
I'd recommend to use your ears, but this software is really helpful when you're trying to transcribe fast licks, like Jason Becker's ones

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Sep 22 2009, 06:08 AM
Let us know what you think of it? I could see using it as a tool for ear training also, so if it is worth it I would try it too. cool.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Staffy
Sep 22 2009, 06:24 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Sep 22 2009, 06:56 AM) *
I'd recommend to use your ears, but this software is really helpful when you're trying to transcribe fast licks, like Jason Becker's ones

Have You tried Amazing Slow Downer ?? A friend of mine is making this program, and it it about 50 bucks or something like that. It takes down the speed without changing the pitch, and you can make loops in the proggie as well.

Ronimusic

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 22 2009, 04:01 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
A friend of mine told me about that software, but I have never tried it. Might be helpful if it comes to learning very fast licks.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 22 2009, 04:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Sep 22 2009, 07:24 AM) *
Have You tried Amazing Slow Downer ?? A friend of mine is making this program, and it it about 50 bucks or something like that. It takes down the speed without changing the pitch, and you can make loops in the proggie as well.

Ronimusic

//Staffay

Amazing slow downer is great!
I have used it at Berklee and students at Berklee in general use it. Its one thing to slow down and identify things on your own, its totally other to have software show you everything (you practically do no work there!).

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Sep 22 2009, 10:26 PM
There are various programs around to help you learn songs, but I prefer learning it by ear, and asking some feedback here, from teachers, from tabs, and from better guitar players then me. Seems alot of tabbers on Ultimate Guitar are also using this software as they get pretty close to the real thing mostly.

For school I once had to work with Matlab, which could also recognize sound frequencies. I would then create a frequency-time graph, and at that time was thinking that it could work for guitar too. I then figured I would learn more when figuring out songs by ear smile.gif And Matlab is very expensive...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:29 PM