2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rec Advice Please
Phil66
Jan 11 2018, 09:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Where can I find the Logitech recording app? I can't see it on their site sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2018, 07:09 AM
GMC:er
It depends on which web logitech web cam you are running and which operating system but here is a vid showing you the gneral idea. You can pick one source for audio and once source for video.

here is the matrix to find out which one is right for your.
http://support.logitech.com/en_au/article/3428

Or you can just download the qucktime utitity from apple and do sorta teh same thing smile.gif Just tel it to use web cam vid, and then pick your audio source. There are little triangles in the app that pop up your options.

here is a screen grab of the quick time utility using my web cam and then showing the options for which audio source to choose. It then combines these in to one synched quicktime file.

Being able to just hit RECORD and not have to worrry about synching up the files is very handy. Much less pressure to get a great take as you can just let it keep running or just do it over again. smile.gif

Todd

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 11 2018, 04:44 PM) *
Where can I find the Logitech recording app? I can't see it on their site sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 13 2018, 07:14 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2018, 09:34 AM
I'm not using a Logitech web cam, never had one, when you first mentioned it I thought it was for use with any camera. I was looking at my video cam last night, I'm not sure I can hook it up to my laptop anyway. I have hdmi out and a usb port that says "multi" but the laptop doesn't recognise anything when I plus the cable in form the multi port.

I'm getting quicker at syncing so until I get a new camera I may have to carry on how I am.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2018, 05:03 AM
The software is for Logitech cameras yeah, which is why it's made by Logitech. It may work with some other web cams but from what you are telling me now you are not using a web cam. I don't remember your gear loadout off hand but if it's not web cam I'm guessing DSLR? Web cams are nice and inexpensive and let you use apps like the one mentioned to make one pass, quick and dirty, synched and ready to go takes. You can get one of the logitech cams that does HD brand new for under $50. So yeah, put it on your bday/stocking stuffer/whatever list and just grab one when you can so that you can do quick and easy rec takes and just more takes in general withe that record light going where you don't have to do any post production. At least that would be my suggestion for maximizing results from effort/time/expenditure.

There are wads of ways to get direct recording to disk with any editing/synching/etc. It all just depends on your budget and comfort level. Til then, yeah just keep doing what you were already doing. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 13 2018, 04:34 AM) *
I'm not using a Logitech web cam, never had one, when you first mentioned it I thought it was for use with any camera. I was looking at my video cam last night, I'm not sure I can hook it up to my laptop anyway. I have hdmi out and a usb port that says "multi" but the laptop doesn't recognise anything when I plus the cable in form the multi port.

I'm getting quicker at syncing so until I get a new camera I may have to carry on how I am.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 14 2018, 11:35 AM
I bought a Sony CX405 video camera after using my Sony RX100 stills camera for a while, is a great stills camera, everything I need but it doesn't have a flip screen, if you remember I made a great to attach a web cam to a bracket so I could see the screen on my monitor to make sure I was in shot wink.gif

I've tried a couple of web cams and have one on my laptop but I've never been happy with the motion blur.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2018, 07:14 PM
Sadly, even the best web cams are still a bit crap imho. After all they don't have decent glass in most cases and they don't have a zoom lense or remote control, or flip out screen. They primary up side is they are not expensive and you can make one take/no edit/audio synched clips with ease.

I checked and it looks like your cam doesn't support live streaming. Some sony cams do support it over usb though. Worth looking for when the time comes to get a new cam. Having a handycam is that will do live vid direct to computer is the best option imho. Just makes everything easier and you can zoom in/out, audio synchs itself etc.

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.co...sb-streaming%3F

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 14 2018, 06:35 AM) *
I bought a Sony CX405 video camera after using my Sony RX100 stills camera for a while, is a great stills camera, everything I need but it doesn't have a flip screen, if you remember I made a great to attach a web cam to a bracket so I could see the screen on my monitor to make sure I was in shot wink.gif

I've tried a couple of web cams and have one on my laptop but I've never been happy with the motion blur.

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 14 2018, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:37 PM