> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

6 Power Rock Ballad Licks, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

mhskeide
Nov 19 2019, 11:17 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: 6 Power Rock Ballad Licks by Guido Bungenstock

Absolutely love this style of playing, so no doubt I had to give it a shot! I had to cheat a bit at 0:34, since I am a long time away from executing the original lick at that speed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 20 2019, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is a killer lesson and Guido's playing is very inspiring.

This is a very difficult take and I can say that you have done a very good take. I just feel that you need to polish some details and this will be a bomb. There are many small elements that I'd like to commend so I'll analyse lick by lick.

LICK 1: That tremolo bar work can be polished, I can understand well what you are doing (maybe it's because your tone is not clear enough), but I hear clearer ideas on Guido's phrases. There is a timing issue when you play that slide at 00:08 (notice that Guido plays it with a bend).

LICK 2: Good take! You can polish a bit timing, articulation (notes length and making licks sound smoother) and work on your dynamics. You vibrato can sound more consistent, work on it.

LICK 3: Good picking mate! Just try to get Guido's dynamics when playing the ascending lick. Notice how he accentuates some notes. Then, the last bend is not reaching the right pitch, and its vibrato is a bit weak.

LICK 4: In this one I start to hear more important pitch issues... I wonder if your guitar went out of tune after the first licks.... There are pitch issues when phrasing and also when bending. I feel that this licks needs to be reviewed since there are many subtle details like how fast you bend, rhythm, and other phrasing details that sound different. You sound like "hurried" in this one... Also, the first fast lick sound clean but a bit different... is there any note missing there?

LICK 5: Good job here, just focus on dynamics.

LICK 6: That faces indicates that the last lick is not played like in the lesson... laugh.gif

Ok mate, I hope that this feedback helps and inspires!

Keep on rocking.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:24 AM