6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
G String Issue
Phil66
Jun 25 2016, 09:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 25 2016, 09:39 PM) *
The mid. paragraph seems like a copy/paste but whatever...just tell him to set it up standard+check the b dead spot (to understand your complaint) and find an ace guitar that doesn't have that problem.

Try keeping the e-mail short but definitive, I have a feeling he never dealt with such a serious deadspot problem before and not fully aware of it yet.

Yeah I've told home that. I also said it was probably in drop C from the retailer trying to chase the B with different tunings and also that that is why the trem is down. I said " just tune it to standard tuning, the trem will come back and play G string 16th fret".

I think he is fiercely defending the brand but he needs to swallow his nob and own up to the issue.

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 25 2016, 10:06 PM
GMC:er
cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 27 2016, 06:08 PM
Latest news.

Hi Phil,
I checked out several Ace guitars and found that they all had a dead spot in the same place as yours. I did, however, find one that I felt was better than yours so I have sent it to GG Epsom as a replacement, it should be arriving there today. As I said, none of them are perfect but hopefully this one is good enough to work with. Let me know what you think when you get it. (The sticker is in the gig bag front pocket).
All the best

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jun 27 2016, 06:20 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It remains to be seen just how good the new guitar is, but I think getting a new guitar that has less of a dead spot problem is the best possible outcome you could have hoped for here. So, congratulations on being assertive and getting some action on this!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 27 2016, 06:43 PM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jun 27 2016, 05:20 PM) *
I think getting a new guitar that has less of a dead spot problem is the best possible outcome you could have hoped for here. So, congratulations on being assertive and getting some action on this!

+1, its certain that you simply got the best of what was available (and you have the e-mails to prove it) let us know how it sounds when arrives.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 27 2016, 07:21 PM
Will do. I hope it is at least at the same level as the Tremonti that my luthier has in his shop. That is usable wink.gif

This is what my luthier said when I sent him a copy of the email.

He has kind of had to admit defeat without eating his own words. Sending you another to me admits it's not right. However to say they all have it is a bit weird. He is basically saying he is sending you the best of a bad bunch! What's happening to the rest of them? Are they just hoping no one notices and then once out of warranty they can of course blame it on the way the guitar had been stored or something.

Here is what it would have been nice to have been told!
Hi Phil. You're right the guitar is unacceptable in the one note. However we have looked through our stock and they all have similar issues. We have picked the best one and sent this to you along with some goodies as a thank you for pointing this issue out. As a company that lean heavily on customer care and have pride in our full range of products we are pulling the others off sale until we can determine a cause or even better, find a cure.

But of course Phil we knew this would not be the response of a large company. Only small ones would be brutal on them self.

I think he speaks sense smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 27 2016, 11:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
A replacement under their warranty smile.gif they had no choice really. Still, good to hear that a new one is on the way. Hopefully its much less dead-spoty smile.gif I'll wager it will arrive in much better condition than the last one!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 27 2016, 07:21 PM) *
Here is what it would have been nice to have been told!
Hi Phil. You're right the guitar is unacceptable in the one note. However we have looked through our stock and they all have similar issues. We have picked the best one and sent this to you along with some goodies as a thank you for pointing this issue out. As a company that lean heavily on customer care and have pride in our full range of products we are pulling the others off sale until we can determine a cause or even better, find a cure.

But of course Phil we knew this would not be the response of a large company. Only small ones would be brutal on them self.[/i]

I think he speaks sense smile.gif

yeah, this would have been a much better email biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 1 2016, 08:39 PM
Finally should be getting new guitar next week. PRS told me on Monday that the replacement was at the Epsom store so I contacted him today, he called GG and they had left a message on my answerphone today but I got home to late to call back to arrange delivery so I have emailed them.

Seems a bit slack on GG's part really but at least it should be here soon smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2016, 04:58 AM
Super Congrats!!! smile.gif Hope this new one is perfect!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 1 2016, 03:39 PM) *
Finally should be getting new guitar next week. PRS told me on Monday that the replacement was at the Epsom store so I contacted him today, he called GG and they had left a message on my answerphone today but I got home to late to call back to arrange delivery so I have emailed them.

Seems a bit slack on GG's part really but at least it should be here soon smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 2 2016, 09:17 AM
Thanks Todd,

It won't be perfect, he said they all have some dead spots but he's found the best one out. Hopefully it is at least as good as the SE Tremonti in my friend shop. The Bs on that don't sustain as long as other notes but they are acceptable.

smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 4 2016, 07:27 PM
Guitar will be here tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed please folks. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 4 2016, 07:36 PM
Nice! I'm very curious smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 6 2016, 07:59 PM
It came yesterday.

This one also has a B note issue but not as bad as the other one. I'll post some sounds when I get chance. What I thought was poor was the front face of the guitar had two areas that looked like they had been rubbed with some form of cutting compound like you use on a car. I've put an image below to show where. It isn't my guitar, it's just to show the areas. You could only really see them in bright light, I noticed when I was putting the bird decal on. They were slightly matt and made up of thousands of micro scratches. Maybe the final polishing mop at the factory hadn't been passed over them. Anyway, I have some guitar scratch remover which is a very very mild cutting cream, that and some guitar polish has made them virtually invisible but one shouldn't have to do this with a guitar that has only been at European HQ, set up and worked only in the HQ workshop and not touched by the guitar shop. Not good really but I'm not going to fanny around any more.

I don't think I'll be buying any more PRS SE guitars. That said, my 30th Anniversary and 7 string are fine. Mind you, I'm too scared to check each and every note on the neck laugh.gif

Cheers folks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 6 2016, 09:17 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 6 2016, 06:59 PM) *
It came yesterday...

I don't think I'll be buying any more PRS SE guitars. That said, my 30th Anniversary and 7 string are fine. Mind you, I'm too scared to check each and every note on the neck laugh.gif

Cheers folks

laugh.gif Although I was aware of such thing your experience was a good reminder for me too when checking guitars. I'm glad the issue is much less, after all you probably got the best of that model line. I hope your efforts will be worth it and the new guitar will serve you for a very long time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 6 2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks Mertay.

I'm going to get some funny looks next time I buy a guitar from a shop, (I certainly won't buy any more without trying first). I'll be sitting there with the cans on, playing each note individually, open, fretted, harmonics lol.

Cheers, I'm sure it will be fine and let's hope it matures nicely smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jul 7 2016, 01:48 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Like I mentioned earlier, given the circumstances, I think this worked out about as well as it possibly could. I'm glad to hear your efforts paid off.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 7 2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks Rammikin. I agree smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:40 PM