Pickup Installation Help
Wheelyonyourface
Oct 19 2011, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys. I am installing some new pups today. I have the wiring diagrams and am confident I can swap the pickups quite easily. However, I have a question regarding taping off the black and white wires. I presume I would use electrical tape...is this right? Thanks in advance guys.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Adrian Figallo
Oct 20 2011, 01:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 19 2011, 03:40 AM) *
I like soldering and did several guitars before (some of them didn't get the best treatment, but it was a trial&error process cool.gif )

Heat shrinking tube is the best way, but you can use electrical tape no problem. Don't do any isolation before you thoroughly inspect if the equipment works, there are no buzzing noises, problems with grounding etc.. Check the middle positions of the pickups (usually there is a problem there if you wired incorrectly, they can sound nasal or weak in loudness compared to primary positions). If everything is OK, then isolate all the joints properly.

Also, if you are using tubing, don't forget to put it on one string since after you solder you cannot put it on (unless you cut it in length, but that can make a sloppy isolation with bare points.

Hey dude, maybe you can do a video tutorial about it? that would be incredibly useful for a bunch of people i'm sure!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:52 AM