2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Tv Series To Recommend?
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2012, 05:01 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I just finished the second season of "Game Of Thrones" Which has been AMAZING! and I'm now waiting for the new Walking Dead season, however I would like to start with any other one in that style... I have seen some episodes from Touch but I lost interest on it, the first episodes were awesome them I started to get bored. Do you know any other series in this style to recommend? (new ones or old ones).

Can't wait for this one! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 01:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Dexter is one of my favorite shows of all time. It's about a bloodsplatter analyst in the Miami DEA who doubles as a serial killer that KILLS serial killers.

True Blood is another one that is awesome!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Aug 30 2012, 01:40 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 29 2012, 08:23 PM) *
Dexter is one of my favorite shows of all time. It's about a bloodsplatter analyst in the Miami DEA who doubles as a serial killer that KILLS serial killers.

That's a great show I watched it a few years ago been waiting for it on Netflix.

Ummm, hmm I watched Breaking Bad Seasons 1-4 I think in around a week tops. I enjoyed it. It's about a school teacher getting involved in making meth. His brother-in-law is a cop, has no clue about it. It gets pretty crazy to see what they have to do to get by.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 01:42 AM
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Aug 29 2012, 07:40 PM) *
That's a great show I watched it a few years ago been waiting for it on Netflix.

Ummm, hmm I watched Breaking Bad Seasons 1-4 I think in around a week tops. I enjoyed it. It's about a school teacher getting involved in making meth. His brother-in-law is a cop, has no clue about it. It gets pretty crazy to see what they have to do to get by.

Yes! I'm halfway through season 3 right now. It's my second favorite show. Before True Blood, after Dexter.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2012, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Dexter, True Blood, Breaking bad... thanks guys, I will check which one I prefer more... I like the vampire style of True Blood, but I though that it wasn't good....

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 02:24 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 30 2012, 08:22 AM) *
Dexter, True Blood, Breaking bad... thanks guys, I will check which one I prefer more... I like the vampire style of True Blood, but I though that it wasn't good....

Some don't like it but I like it. It's entertaining and has some humor mixed in. Sometimes it can be a little too much but overall I enjoy it.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 30 2012, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Mighty Ships !! Documentary series about big ships and what they do..

I know, I'm so sad ! laugh.gif

There hasn't been anything I've been interested in since Desperate Housewives ended... dry.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Aug 30 2012, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Aug 30 2012, 03:40 PM
Well I'm not sure if these are exactly in the same style of the Walking Dead & Game of Thrones, but I'll just give you a list of some TV series I've enjoyed! smile.gif

Continuum, a brand new TV series aired here in 2012.
Is about a detective from the year 2077, that gets back to the year 2012, with criminals from the year 2077, and she has to stop them from changing the future. It contains a lot of action and some nice humor! biggrin.gif (of course depends on your kind of humor, hmpfh ^^)

IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/

Luther from 2010
Is about a DCI agent that works with cases that involves serial killers. And trust me there are some pretty wicked serial killers in this series!

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1474684/

Sherlock from 2010
This guy you should know biggrin.gif, but its a modern update of the old Sherlock Holmes, and it has a lot of good humor and some weird crimes to solve tongue.gif

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/

I hope you'll like some of these tongue.gif, cheers.

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 30 2012, 03:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Aug 30 2012, 10:24 AM) *
Some don't like it but I like it. It's entertaining and has some humor mixed in. Sometimes it can be a little too much but overall I enjoy it.

It sounds like something close to the last Tim Burton movie, isn't it?

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 30 2012, 11:13 AM) *
Mighty Ships !! Documentary series about big ships and what they do..

I know, I'm so sad ! laugh.gif

There hasn't been anything I've been interested in since Desperate Housewives ended... dry.gif

hahaha it doesn't sound promising to me!! sad.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Aug 30 2012, 03:57 PM
No way it's much more serious than Tim Burton's last movie.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 30 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm quite picky when it comes to watching tv, most tv series I hate with a passion, however these are great...

Game Of Thrones - I've just started to watch (on Session 1) as recommended by a friend, I didn't think it would be something I'll enjoy, surprised me. It's a really good watch!

The Walking Dead - Love zombie movies and games. This tv series isn't a let down. Enjoyed!

Falling Skies - Aliens attack earth, attempting to enslave the children with mind controlling harnesses and killing off the adults who try stop them, produced by Steven Spielberg. Recommended!

Breaking Bad - A man producing drugs to support his families income in secret couldn't get any worst, then they do again and again. Great!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 30 2012, 07:48 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 30 2012, 07:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Anyone seen any episodes from "Person Of Intrest"? Seems its from the same guy who wrote Dark Knight trilogy.
Looks interesting in the trailer.

There hasn't been anything I've been interested in since Desperate Housewives ended...

Yeah - my thoughts exactly! laugh.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Aug 30 2012, 08:26 PM
Oh yeah Person of Interest is great! smile.gif , I'll definitely recommend that one too, give it a try! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 30 2012, 08:56 PM) *
Anyone seen any episodes from "Person Of Intrest"? Seems its from the same guy who wrote Dark Knight trilogy.
Looks interesting in the trailer.

Yeah - my thoughts exactly! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Aug 30 2012, 08:27 PM

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Nether
Aug 30 2012, 09:42 PM
Comedy:
Misfits (a group of young offenders obtain supernatural powers)
Weeds (a mother has to sell Marihuana after husbands death)
Californication (this one could also be in drama)
The Big Bang Theory

Drama:
Rubicon (spies, conspiracies)
Damages (lawyers, conspiracies)
Treme (New Orleans after Catrina, great music)

Police:
The Shield
The Wire (The Wire has been described by many critics as the greatest TV drama of all time - Source: Wikipedia)
The Closer

Zombies:
Dead Set (Big Brother with Zombies, the best part of a zombie apocalypse ;D )

Action:
Spartacus (Sex and Violence in big amounts)

SciFi:
BattleStar Galactica

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 30 2012, 10:54 PM
Just watched the season finale of True Blood and liked it a lot. I may have to watch the rest of the show now!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 30 2012, 09:22 AM) *

Just watched the season finale of True Blood and liked it a lot. I may have to watch the rest of the show now!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 30 2012, 09:22 AM) *

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 31 2012, 08:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Aug 30 2012, 03:40 PM) *
Sherlock from 2010
This guy you should know biggrin.gif, but its a modern update of the old Sherlock Holmes, and it has a lot of good humor and some weird crimes to solve tongue.gif

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/

Yes, that series was brilliant ! There was another one last (or maybe this) year so that makes 2 seasons so far smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 31 2012, 12:18 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I atch and love many, justa few:

Sons of anarchy, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Big bang theory, Castle, House (ended), Vampire diaries and Fringe just come to mind.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hi guys!! Thanks a lot for all the recommendations! I just added Breaking Bad and True Blood to my list of series to see... I don't have tv at home now because I never watch it. I use to see these series online, where do you see them?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 5 2012, 10:53 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I am really into tv series ( in contrast to tv itself wink.gif ), here are my faves:
The Sopranos (best mafia Series EVER!!!)
Rome
Game of Thrones (This is love/hate for me, the series itself is very cool, but they completely drift away from the books, which is horrible)
The Walking Dead
Big Bang Theory
Gene Simmons Family Jewels
Terminator - S.S.C. (unfortunately ended after the second season, unfinished)
Twin Peaks
X-Files

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bossie
Sep 5 2012, 10:57 AM
The bold and the beautifull?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:22 PM