> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Subbedchris's Thread, for Gab's Army
SubbedChris
May 8 2015, 04:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 7 2015, 02:31 PM) *
Ok! This sounds good for me. In order to know where we are right now, the first task is to choose a minor backing track, record an improvisation and post it here.

I recommend you to use the backing of one of these two lessons, but if you have other idea, you're welcome:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Steve-...r-Modern-Style/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/melodi...ing_in_a_minor/

Here it is smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixlxA04L-Q...eature=youtu.be

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 9 2015, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Nice ideas happening there. I can hear that your note choices is tasty over the backing which is not a small thing. There are some things lacking on your solo that can be learnt by listening and playing some of the licks from the original lesson.

- Melodic motive: If you listen to the original lesson, you will notice that the whole thing is connected, there is a leit motive that evolves there. The use of call response, and the fact of a main idea that evolves is lacking on your solo.

- Breathing: The use of silence between phrases lets phrasing breath. Your solo is also lacking this.

- Shorter phrases: I feel that your phrases has too many notes and sometimes sound like exercises, don't you feel it?

The next step is learning the original lesson, analyzing how the licks are related, how silence is used, and how the whole thing evolves. Write down "concepts" or "ideas" that you get from analyzing and learning this solo. Then, create a new solo trying to apply this concepts.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
May 9 2015, 07:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 9 2015, 03:06 PM) *
Nice ideas happening there. I can hear that your note choices is tasty over the backing which is not a small thing. There are some things lacking on your solo that can be learnt by listening and playing some of the licks from the original lesson.

- Melodic motive: If you listen to the original lesson, you will notice that the whole thing is connected, there is a leit motive that evolves there. The use of call response, and the fact of a main idea that evolves is lacking on your solo.

- Breathing: The use of silence between phrases lets phrasing breath. Your solo is also lacking this.

- Shorter phrases: I feel that your phrases has too many notes and sometimes sound like exercises, don't you feel it?

The next step is learning the original lesson, analyzing how the licks are related, how silence is used, and how the whole thing evolves. Write down "concepts" or "ideas" that you get from analyzing and learning this solo. Then, create a new solo trying to apply this concepts.

So next thing is making a solo over the same backing track applying all the above? Yeah,you're totally right about the silence,I can feel it..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2015, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ May 9 2015, 03:08 PM) *
So next thing is making a solo over the same backing track applying all the above? Yeah,you're totally right about the silence,I can feel it..

Yes, a new solo applying concepts that you could learn from the solo recorded on the original lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
May 14 2015, 07:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 10 2015, 07:49 PM) *
Yes, a new solo applying concepts that you could learn from the solo recorded on the original lesson.

Kinda working on it! Meanwhile,I tried covering this solo! What's your feedback on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bPoOp_NAzI...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2015, 04:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, it sounds really good! Your groove and bending are very good on this one. I heard it twice to think on what things and I think that you could experiment with:

- A cleaner tone that allows you to have more dynamics while playing.
- Using less "nervous" vibrato. I mean that you should let the note sound and then make the vibrato grow gradually.

These are two small details but that could add something extra to your current solo.

Good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:58 PM