30 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Creativity Workout 1, Improve your composing skills!
fzalfa
Aug 17 2015, 06:09 AM
Learning Roadie
maybe the holiday for a lot of us

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 17 2015, 07:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
The latest few pictures haven't spoken much to me, and I've been doing a few other things beside playing guitar, so I've not been participating much in this. I'll be back at it soon enough though!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 17 2015, 09:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, worked late tonight so not much time, first attempt at this one. Again I went for atmosphere rolleyes.gif My idea was to try to create a vocal type sound but I have very limited effects at the moment. I wanted to try and get the atmosphere of a shaman chanting an incantation. I only spent 30 minutes on this but I've put it here for more ideas smile.gif

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/shaman

FX From http://www.freesfx.co.uk/

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 18 2015, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Good job!

Everything sounds harmonic and tasty. The overall atmosphere created here connects really well with the scene of the picture. The only thing that I didn't enjoy to much is the lead melody sound, I think that is some kind of keyboard or maybe a xylophone. I like the notes choices but I would go for a more synth sound. But it's just a subjective opinion. wink.gif

Keep on the creativity flowing.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 17 2015, 03:16 PM) *
The latest few pictures haven't spoken much to me, and I've been doing a few other things beside playing guitar, so I've not been participating much in this. I'll be back at it soon enough though!

Interesting to know this mate. I have an idea. I'd like to invite you to be the one that shares the next picture of this workout. What do you think? Is it possible? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Aug 19 2015, 06:25 AM
Glad to see you guys back in here. I was getting worried. So good to have you guys back.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2015, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Aug 19 2015, 02:25 AM) *
Glad to see you guys back in here. I was getting worried. So good to have you guys back.

yeah! let's see if Cael accepts the challenge. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 21 2015, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! As we don't have news from Cael, I'll go with the new picture! Here we go:

Freak Show!!

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 21 2015, 04:48 PM
Learning Roadie
wow , complex

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 21 2015, 08:50 PM
Wow, where did you find this????????

I feel that the person in the clown costume isn't actual happy within the desolation of the background. I feel that there is a sinister force at work here. This person, in my mind, is being forced to look happy to distract the viewer from the surrounding area in order to entice people to enter the area and become trapped within.

My other thought is that this could represent the smiles of someone who is suffering from depression, the brave face they put on to hide their pain from their loved ones while their mind is in torment which is represented by the background.

Many many ideas, hopefully I can get them to my fingers.

Nice one Gab. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 21 2015, 09:46 PM
Learning Roadie
for me it' a trap, like a spider's one

the clown is smiling with a forced smile, noit the real reflect of joy and happyness, but with the hope to catch you to eat you or worst

what a pretty clown can do in this desolation pictures ? hi is hunting !

idea are arriving, i'll take some time to try so give you a polished track !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2015, 07:52 PM
Instructor
My opinion on these kind of pictures changed the day I've seen the movie "IT". From that day, I've never trusted in clowns... laugh.gif

I took this picture from the tv show "American Horror Stories", so your suspicions about the clown are totally right... that smile is fake. sad.gif

Looking forward your music guys.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 22 2015, 07:56 PM
Learning Roadie
count on me matte !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 22 2015, 07:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Aug 22 2015, 03:56 PM) *
count on me matte !

Laurent

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 22 2015, 09:10 PM
Struggling with this one. Came up with a rhythm type track but couldn't think of any melody.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/freak-show-cm-120bpm

Any ideas to build on this???

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Aug 23 2015, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2015, 10:28 AM) *
Ok guys! As we don't have news from Cael, I'll go with the new picture! Here we go:

Freak Show!!

Attached Image

Interesting lets see what to come up with.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 22 2015, 04:10 PM) *
Struggling with this one. Came up with a rhythm type track but couldn't think of any melody.

Cheers

Love the effect and sounds you chose for this. I believe is very promising.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2015, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 22 2015, 05:10 PM) *

Cheers

Great stuff Phil! This tune is very interesting and connects great with the picture. It's awesome how creative the tone and overall sound that you've achieved on this recording. You've used sound and effects as an expressing tool on this one which is something very used on soundtracks but that I find even more interesting when it's used on music in general.

Congrats on your great work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 23 2015, 08:07 PM
Thanks Gab, I appreciate your kind comment smile.gif

I wanted to make it eerie but musical at the same time, I just wish I could have come up with some kind of melodic line unsure.gif

For the record, I recorded both tracks independently, I didn't record dry and re-amp each track, to my ears the timing sound pretty close to each other but maybe you can hear something out somewhere wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 23 2015, 08:09 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 24 2015, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I don't hear problems on this track, it's really cool. You should continue experimenting on this direction. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Aug 25 2015, 06:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 21 2015, 02:28 PM) *

Freak Show!!

Attached Image

Reminded me of Stephen King's It - so I went for a guitar/sound effect mashup and came up with this pretty quick:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/we-all-float-down-there

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 25 2015, 07:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris, nice job! This is a very creative production that combines original music with some audio from movie. The voices makes this sound even more real and makes your tune sound like a soundtrack. I like the clean intro, and also the second section which becomes more dramatic and aggressive.

Very interesting mate. I'm glad to see you training your creative side here. Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:07 AM