2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Focusrite Control Question
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 7 2019, 05:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm sorry to ask again, cause I don't seem to get an answer. Even when you select different outputs, i.e. clicking on headphone 1 on the left and listen through the headphone 1, the sound doesn't change?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 7 2019, 05:44 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 7 2019, 07:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's correct. As I said, NONE of the sliders do anything at all wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2019, 08:41 PM
GMC:er
Is it possible that you have accidently chained or locked your sliders by clicking on a tiny check box somehwere in your configuration utility? At this point, the only thing that comes to mind is

Uninstall
Cold Boot
Re Install

that should clear out any settings that may be causing the issue.

Have you contacted Tech Support for focus rite btw?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 7 2019, 02:45 PM) *
That's correct. As I said, NONE of the sliders do anything at all wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 7 2019, 09:08 PM
Is there a program which runs the controller? for example, my gt-1's controller software uses adobe air so if the control program uses something like that maybe an update might help?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 7 2019, 09:37 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr,

Just booted to do a video of the sliders for Ben and it is working fine now, fingers crossed it's going to stay that way wacko.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 8 2019, 01:55 AM
Learning Rock Star
If it happens again, please do a video smile.gif It's easier to see what happens smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2019, 03:02 AM
Now that's odd. Also, it's the worst result one could hope for in that it's "intermittent". As anyone who does diagnosis can tell you, intermittent failure is the most difficult to diagnose.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2019, 08:41 PM
Sorry folks, it seems that the intermittent fault was my brain. I didn't spot the fact that if you click on an output it turns black and activates that output BUT the bigger thing I didn't spot is that you can click on the greyed out outputs and slide the slider and nothing will happen. For instance, if you mute the Scarlett using the front hardware button and put your headphones on, yes you will hear sound BUT, unless you activate that output, you can move the slider and nothing will happen.

This is what I must have done on the times it didn't work, I was either listening through the headphones with the speaker output active or visa versa. As I said, you will always get sound but the sliders move BUT only work if you click to activate that particular output.

It's so so different and I guess I should RTFM!!!!!!!!

Sorry for wasting your time folks sad.gif

Cheers

Phil

https://youtu.be/FUlooITi3Eg

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 10 2019, 08:42 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 10 2019, 08:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
That was what I was trying to ask and point out several times I think? tongue.gif

I'm glad you got it figured out though! smile.gif

And don't even be sorry! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jan 10 2019, 08:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2019, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 10 2019, 07:44 PM) *
That was what I was trying to ask and point out several times I think? tongue.gif

Sorry buddy, I kinda didn't quite get it, I could see the slider moving but nothing happening with the volume, I didn't even notice that the output box hadn't changed colour. As far as I was concerned, at the time, if the slider is moving then the sound should alter rolleyes.gif In my defence huh.gif it does seem a little strange to allow the slider to move on a greyed out box and nothing to happen though wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 10 2019, 10:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
As said, don't worry and don't be sorry! I was just jokingly saying it was what I had asked smile.gif I'm just glad you figured it out and that you will hopefully have less problems with it from now on. It's always difficult to go from one iteration of a software to a new one that has completely changed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 10 2019, 10:32 PM
Thank you for your patience buddy wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2019, 01:14 AM
Glad it worked out! It's usually something small like this. Good news is nothing is wrong with your gear!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 10 2019, 05:32 PM) *
Thank you for your patience buddy wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:12 AM