Boss Gt-1000 Meh?
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2019, 08:06 AM
GMC:er
The clean tones are killer, but that's not saying a whole lot since I've had very cheap fx units that had great clean tones. For me a multi lives and dies by it's high gain rig tones. Sadly, it sounds like BOSS are still married to the same cosm amp sounds that turned me off of boss mult fx units years ago when I made my last boss mult fx video. The unit looks great though smile.gif What do you guys think?

I made this vid in 2012 and it seems like the high gain bits have not changed that much?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 25 2019, 11:23 AM
I wonder if Boss adjusts their preset tones for specifically PA usage. Something about their eq'ing approach definitely is robbing the quality of the overall sound.

Cause aside from odd freq. response, from the video I can hear their dynamic speaker whatever tech is working pretty good and the breakup does resemble amp-like. You know what I can do with the gt-1, maybe I should apply to Boss as a tone tweaker biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2019, 06:21 AM
I think so!! They need some help to be sure.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 25 2019, 06:23 AM) *
I wonder if Boss adjusts their preset tones for specifically PA usage. Something about their eq'ing approach definitely is robbing the quality of the overall sound.

Cause aside from odd freq. response, from the video I can hear their dynamic speaker whatever tech is working pretty good and the breakup does resemble amp-like. You know what I can do with the gt-1, maybe I should apply to Boss as a tone tweaker biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2019, 07:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Todd, how very dare you? It's not COSM, it's AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics), one must not confuse the two COMPLETELY different technologies TUT TUT wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2019, 11:53 AM
My bad smile.gif I meant to use whateve nomenclature they have changed it to smile.gif It does sound a bit the same on the high gain bits. I think you might have to get a job at boss to sort them out!
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 26 2019, 02:33 AM) *
Todd, how very dare you? It's not COSM, it's AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics), one must not confuse the two COMPLETELY different technologies TUT TUT wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2019, 03:59 PM
I was being uber sarcastic buddy wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 26 2019, 10:48 PM
I know smile.gif I was joining in. Still, I think they could benefit from a bit of tone help from you on their presets.
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 26 2019, 10:59 AM) *
I was being uber sarcastic buddy wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 26 2019, 10:50 PM
They're fizzy enough without adding my fizz laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2019, 05:14 AM
The fizz on many boss high gain sims is an issue. I was never able to tame it when I had one of the multi units that I had in that video. Same thing for the Line 6 Pod products I tried. Had the Red Pod and then the black Pod HD and both had some pretty serious fizz on the high gain models. If one doesn't need high gain stuff, then it's not really a problem. The mid gain tones are not bad and cleans are great on all the units mentioned.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 26 2019, 05:50 PM) *
They're fizzy enough without adding my fizz laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:35 AM