2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My Band's New Single!, RAMEN - Voces
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2021, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hey friends!! How are you?

I'm happy to share my band's new song and videoclip. I hope you like it!

I can share details about the composition, audio and video production if you'd like. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 12 2021, 04:20 PM
GMC:er
Bravo!
Cool tune, great production.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2021, 05:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant and as said, a great driving riff cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 12 2021, 05:15 PM
Learning Roadie
It's interesting that it has a modern groove rock vibe and production but when you strip it back to its core it could be a 70s blues rock song.

You've definitely found a new sound and identity for the band that is a departure from Cirse

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 12 2021, 05:42 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome!! Such a cool riff and organic sound - absolutely loved it! 👏

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2021, 07:32 PM
Super awesome tune and killer VIDEO!!! Did you produce the vid? Can you tell us about the production?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 12 2021, 10:11 AM) *
Hey friends!! How are you?

I'm happy to share my band's new song and videoclip. I hope you like it!

I can share details about the composition, audio and video production if you'd like. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2021, 09:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
The more I watch it the more I like it cool.gif

I can also hear hints of this in the driving riff

https://youtu.be/Y4GpGL9EbMI

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 12 2021, 09:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 12 2021, 09:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
That's a really awesome song!!! The composition and the overall atmosphere from video production gives a really great mood. So much energy!!!

I think would be totally killer if you will make a lesson in this style. That part from 2:30 - 2:45 it makes you take the guitar and play. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Nov 13 2021, 01:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
This song has such great energy! I wish I knew what she is singing about!!!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 13 2021, 02:55 PM
You know even though Português and Spanish are somehow related, language wise, I've always enjoyed listening to people singing in spanish 100x more than português.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Nov 13 2021, 05:37 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Amazing! Cool song and well done biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 13 2021, 06:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very nice song, Gabriel! I think it's heavier than some of the other Ramen songs. I like it smile.gif Here are some questions for your (question in bold and just my thoughts related to the questions after that):

- What inspired you (the band) for this song? It feels heavier than the previous Ramen songs, I think.

- What compositional techniques were used? Just pure "in the moment", or more of "I think a melody that goes higher here will work, cause it is the opposite of the previous line" and such?

- How do you as a band work with the lyrics vs the music? To me it's very important that the feel of the music and the lyrics "match" (or at least that it's a conscious choice that they don't match), but it has made it difficult to work with other people, as sometimes people don't place the same importance or emphasis on lyrics, music and them being connected.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 13 2021, 06:54 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 13 2021, 08:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very cool Gab.

I really like it and the vid is also killer!

Nice solo also. Really enjoy the song cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2021, 02:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 12 2021, 12:20 PM) *
Bravo!
Cool tune, great production.

Thanks mate!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 12 2021, 01:07 PM) *
Brilliant and as said, a great driving riff cool.gif

Thanks Phil!! Yes, it is!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 12 2021, 01:15 PM) *
It's interesting that it has a modern groove rock vibe and production but when you strip it back to its core it could be a 70s blues rock song.

Nice analysis! That was exactly the goal so I'm very happy of reading this message. The plan was to create a 70s blues rock tune with a completely modern sound and production.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Nov 12 2021, 01:15 PM) *
You've definitely found a new sound and identity for the band that is a departure from Cirse

This made the things harder and slower, but it was the rule number 1 when we started Ramen.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 12 2021, 01:42 PM) *
Awesome!! Such a cool riff and organic sound - absolutely loved it! 👏

Thanks a lot Kris!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2021, 03:32 PM) *
Super awesome tune and killer VIDEO!!! Did you produce the vid? Can you tell us about the production?

Thanks a lot Todd! No, the video was done by the same director than the previous 2 videos. His name is Mariano Dawidson and he is a very known films and video clips director here. The production was very cheap in this case. He was the only one filming with one camera. We borrowed a very nice small venue and tried to make it look like something completely different.

This is the place: http://www.gorritiartcenter.com/gallery

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 12 2021, 05:18 PM) *
The more I watch it the more I like it cool.gif

I can also hear hints of this in the driving riff

https://youtu.be/Y4GpGL9EbMI

Wou! I love this song and this album!!

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 12 2021, 05:27 PM) *
That's a really awesome song!!! The composition and the overall atmosphere from video production gives a really great mood. So much energy!!!

I think would be totally killer if you will make a lesson in this style. That part from 2:30 - 2:45 it makes you take the guitar and play. smile.gif

Thanks a lot Moni! I would really like to do a lesson based on this song. smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Nov 12 2021, 09:25 PM) *
This song has such great energy! I wish I knew what she is singing about!!!

Thanks mate! I don't have the translation yet, but this is the Spanish version:

Voces:

El calor, la emoción,
se introducen dentro del plexo
respirar la explosión
me estalla el techo mientras sudo,
y me paralizo acá en mi habitación

Voy de espalda al vacío,
dicen que solo alucino
Ya no tengo dirección, ni salida

Y escucho voces
mintiéndonos,
en el oído,
sigue ese ruido

Más me buscan, más me exprimen,
intento redescubrirme,
olvidarme de este presente,
y volar atada a mi

Más me siguen, más lo evito
me tiran, insisten, me quiebro en dos
al menos no sigo pensando en vos
y ocupo el tiempo

Y escucho voces,
gritándonos,
en el oído,
sigue ese ruido,

se me olvida lo que nos pasó
y se muy poco de vos
la realidad que habitas
solo un día en mi dimensión
empieza la diversión
y quizás nunca te irías

Y escucho voces,
cantándonos,
en el oído,
sigue ese ruido.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 13 2021, 10:55 AM) *
You know even though Português and Spanish are somehow related, language wise, I've always enjoyed listening to people singing in spanish 100x more than português.

Nice! I like songs in Português.

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Nov 13 2021, 01:37 PM) *
Amazing! Cool song and well done biggrin.gif

Thanks friend!

QUOTE (tflava @ Nov 13 2021, 04:36 PM) *
Very cool Gab.

I really like it and the vid is also killer!

Nice solo also. Really enjoy the song cool.gif

Thanks a lot mate!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 14 2021, 01:55 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2021, 07:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 13 2021, 02:53 PM) *
Very nice song, Gabriel! I think it's heavier than some of the other Ramen songs. I like it smile.gif Here are some questions for your (question in bold and just my thoughts related to the questions after that):

- What inspired you (the band) for this song? It feels heavier than the previous Ramen songs, I think.

- What compositional techniques were used? Just pure "in the moment", or more of "I think a melody that goes higher here will work, cause it is the opposite of the previous line" and such?

- How do you as a band work with the lyrics vs the music? To me it's very important that the feel of the music and the lyrics "match" (or at least that it's a conscious choice that they don't match), but it has made it difficult to work with other people, as sometimes people don't place the same importance or emphasis on lyrics, music and them being connected.

Very cool questions! I’ll be back with elaborate answers.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 14 2021, 07:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 14 2021, 08:13 AM) *
Very cool questions! I’ll be back with elaborate answers.

Cool! I like forward to it! I think it's my favorite Ramen song so far cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 14 2021, 08:14 PM
Learning Roadie
very nice song and great video!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2021, 04:09 AM
Instructor
Ok Cael, here I go with my answers.

The original version had guitars that sounded more fuzz oriented like Jack White, and The Dead Weather. When I began with the track, I was trying to create a song like this one.. so this is the first influence/inspiration:

As the tune got its own life, the idea was to produce something that combines the sound of Rage Against the Machine with Led Zeppelin but with a modern production. I've been listening to a lot of industrial music, like NIN, John 5, but also a bit of Bring Me The Horizon.

During the process, I discovered this song and I think that influenced a bit the overall vibe.

When we started Ramen, we wanted to make something new, something that sounds modern. However, we found it tricky at first to make powerful rock songs that sound modern. Everything sounded "old" or "already done". We found fresher stuff when going slower or more electronic. With this tune we could find a balance that we like.

I composed the first demo (grooves, riffs and structure without vocal melody) some years ago. The singer worked on some lyrics and melodies. But we only liked some of the verses. We had to work a lot until we found the right melody for the other parts and the chorus. We tried lots of variations. I even tried an alternate chorus in which the riff moved harmonically. But it didn't work. We got back to the original riff and decided to go for this simple but effective chorus melody.

We wanted to give this one a rap vibe in the verses influences by RATM. That's why there is not too much melody there. Then, the part C (bridge) appeared in the studio while the singer was improvising.

Honestly, it took a LOT of work to find the right vocal melody.

Yes, this is the trickiest part. The singer wrote some verses and then, I had to complete the concept with the other parts. My girlfriend is a killer songwriter. She wrote the lyrics for the first Ramen's song (En lo profundo) and she also helped me to complete the concept for this one. Once we could find the right words that fit well with the melody and with the overall concept, I had to convince the band that this was the way to go... the trickier part. But I've been doing this for more than 15 years... so I'm trained. laugh.gif

I know what you mean about working as a team. Sometimes it can make things slower, sometimes it can even make thing don't happen. But when magic appears, and connection magically takes place, the results makes you feel very proud. As I am with this track. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 15 2021, 04:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for those replies, Gabriel.

I'll let you in on something here, cause you mentioned Led Zeppelin. My very first thought when I heard the first riff the first time was: "this reminds me of some of Led Zeppelin's heavier songs" just a bit heavier, more specifically Immigrant Song. That was my first thought anyway. Almost like this Symphony X version:

I hope you don't take that as a bad thing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2021, 04:58 AM
Instructor
Yes! I think that this is the other song that I have in mind at first while listening to that Dead Weather tune which is also inspired by "Immigrant Song".

I always wanted to play that LZ cover live and it never happened. Now I have my own track in this style. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:52 AM