Dio Holy Diver Cover, Tribute to Ronnie James Dio (RIP)
Jeroen
Jan 6 2015, 09:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Rockers,

Here's another cover. This one is to honour Ronnie James Dio as one of the greatest heavy metal singers of all time. Unfortunately cancer took him away. I was lucky enough to see him live on stage one last time with Heaven and Hell in the Netherlands in 2007.

RIP "The Man On The Silver Mountain"
1942 - 2010 Ronnie James Dio.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2015, 11:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool song choice Jeroen! smile.gif You have a very cool playing attitude and the video is well made.

On the technical sides of playing there might be few minor timing issues where you play slightly ahead of the beat when riffing (in front), usually in the verses which have a tricky palm muting rhythm to follow. I don't know if its my ear by the intonation of the guitar might be slightly off which can be heard in the solo section?

Overall this is a very cool cover video and I'm having it on repeat - I haven't heard this song in ages and it is so cool.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2015, 01:40 AM
GMC:er
Well said on everything smile.gif Killer job on the entire production!!! Lots of good work here.

Sadly thouh, I hate to say it but yes, that guitar has some intonation issues that I keep hearing in every video that I see that guitar in sad.gif I think I remember JEROEN mentioning that he took it to a Luthier who said it was intonated. If this is the case, it needs to go back to a different Luthier. It's gone intonation problems that are getting in the way of the solo bits sad.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 6 2015, 06:41 PM) *
Very cool song choice Jeroen! smile.gif You have a very cool playing attitude and the video is well made.

On the technical sides of playing there might be few minor timing issues where you play slightly ahead of the beat when riffing (in front), usually in the verses which have a tricky palm muting rhythm to follow. I don't know if its my ear by the intonation of the guitar might be slightly off which can be heard in the solo section?

Overall this is a very cool cover video and I'm having it on repeat - I haven't heard this song in ages and it is so cool.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 7 2015, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:38 PM