Played My First Open Mic Last Night - After Band Practice! Lol
SirJamsalot
Oct 5 2011, 06:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
So right after band practice last night, one of the guys says "let's do an open mic". I said, okay, what day? he said right now. I was like ????

Turns out Vince (our fearless band leader) grew up with the owner of a dive bar in my area that has open mics on Tuesday nights, so he called and had us put second up on the open mic list - we drove down, unpacked, had a beer then played!

I think we'll be doing open mics every Tuesday night after band practice now. Talk about spur of the moment fun!

This was at last night's open mic - Vince - singing center (the guy who pretty much heads up our band) did a few songs with the owner of the bar - other guitarist. Pretty kewl setup for a dive bar!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 5 2011, 10:18 PM
Instructor
that's pretty cool! I love when spontaneus stuff like that happens. And it shows on your attitude!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 5 2011, 10:32 PM
Instructor
i like a lot man, very nice attitude and the band is sounding pretty cool!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 5 2011, 11:55 PM
Instructor
Cool !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 8 2011, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
Nice! Connections are a great thing to have. Well played on the gig and on putting the show together!

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:14 AM