> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 61 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2017, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update.

I hope that your work gets normal soon! I can get what's happening and I know that this must be bringing some stress and headaches. Try to stay calm.

I've just listened and commented your take for the collab.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2017, 09:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Gab, Thanks for understanding.

I had another piece of crap thrown at me tonight. We had great day out, we took our 8 year old nephew HERE And he had a great day climbing trees, making dens, catching water insects and generally having fun.

We didn't go into the mansion which belonged to Lord Lichfield as it was such a beautiful sunny day but, we did go around the parkland on his "explorer's quest" looking for the temple, chinese house and many monuments.

When we go home I discovered that the pump in my fishpond had stopped working mad.gif it was getting dark but I had to fix it as it looked like it hadn't been running for a few days and the fish (some koi) weren't looking very alert, with work how it's been lately I haven't been checking it. sad.gif

This all means that I've only had 20 minutes practise and collab take.

As I said, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger smile.gif Keep on keeping on eh?

Cheers Gab

UPDATE:

Had a practice tonight but I know this week is going to be hectic so any practice will only be maintaining my current skill level, sorry mate but life is throwing a lot at me as you know. Anyway, I'm looking at getting Easter out of the way before I can get back into improving so let's roll with that for now.

On another note, I love the bit of playing at the beginning of this demo. I think it's great balls to the wall rock & roll, just what I'd like to be able to pick up my guitar and do one day wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd5y1L5fdLQ

Cheers Gab, speak soon.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 9 2017, 09:22 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2017, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for the update! This is normal. Don't suffer the fact that you don't have enough time now. Being able to play at least 20 min every day is good in order to keep your level at this point.

That video is really cool. The guy is improvising over a Joe Satriani's song so I can suspect that Satriani could be a great inspiration for you as well as a target goal.

What about learning some licks from him:

Let me recommend you the album Joe Satrini from 1995.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2017, 03:25 PM
Thanks Gab,

Satch was the man that made me want to play guitar. I bought my first guitar (the multi coloured Squire HMIII that you have probably seen me play) along with the Surfin With the Alien TAB book rolleyes.gif

My favourite guitar tracks of all time are Surfin and Always With Me, Always With You.

We can maybe delve into to Satch style stuff once the Jack White lesson is passed in REC. I think that's maybe why my favourite REC take is Satch Made Simple with Ben.

Cheers buddy and thanks for your understanding. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2017, 07:08 PM
Instructor
I like that as the next goal.

By the way, all this work over Jack White's lick is related to Satriani's style so we are on track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2017, 07:50 PM
That's great Gab, let's just leave this week as a maintenance week and hopefully, if the lad's physiotherapy works out he will be back at work on Tuesday after the easter break.

Managed to get home at a fairly reasonable time tonight so I'll get an hour in smile.gif

Take a look at THIS smile.gif

Cheers

UPDATE 11th April:
Not much time but got the ball rolling in the Connecting Melodies Workshop wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 11 2017, 09:36 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2017, 02:14 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil, that tele is pure beauty, congrats friend!

Ok about the maintenance week. It's not a negative thing for your playing, it could even be a positive thing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 13 2017, 10:18 PM
Thanks Gab

I am in love with that Tele. I get butterflies in my stomach when i think about it and when i play it I feel more emotion than i do with any other guitar. I can't describe it any more than that. I don't want to put it down. I've never been like that with a guitar before. It's not just a tool to make music, it feels organic. Am I weird??????

I'd love to learn that style of playing in that last video I shared but I'm not moving on until i get a pass in REC with the JW lesson even if it's a lowest grade pass I'd be happy to move on.

I'll be around on the forum but not playing until next Monday as we're on an Easter break for four days cool.gif

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2017, 06:14 AM
Instructor
Yeah, I can get what you feel and that's what I feel with some of my guitars, and my tele is one of them. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 16 2017, 11:08 PM
Love love love my Tele.

Finally got myself into a South American Steak House Here and the chef's special was steak mexicano so I went for that. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Only a rump but as tender as most fillets I've had. Sorry it wasn't real Argentinian buddy but it was nice smile.gif

Speak soon buddy

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 17 2017, 10:07 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2017, 02:27 PM
Instructor
You'll try the best steak ever only if you visit Argentina. biggrin.gif

That place looks good by the way.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 19 2017, 07:37 AM
Thanks Gab

It was really good.

Thank you for your amazing comment at the Creativity Workshop, it made my day. I've commented there.

I'm back on the JW lesson now, struggling to get an inspiring tone with the GT100. I'm using the tone I used before I had the Amplifire but it isn't cutting it. I need to try and forget the tone a little bit, technique is more important at the moment.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2017, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Yes, and also, tone is mostly in your fingers. So use a relative ok / good tone and practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 20 2017, 07:50 PM
Thanks Gab,

I am a total numb nuts!!!!!! I would never have been able to get what I needed from my fingers. When I was using my GT100 before I had it going through my valve head using 4 cable method, now it's into my audio interface. I hadn't set the GT100 output to LINE, it was still set for send and return rolleyes.gif

That last piece I did for the melodies workshop was the same but the sound was ok because I wasn't used to hearing it whereas I have been using the JW patch for a long time.

What a plum I am, DOH! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 20 2017, 08:06 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 21 2017, 01:51 PM
Instructor
Be patient... and if you are curious, go to the first vids of this thread and you'll see how your tone and playing has been improving... you are definitely on the right track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 22 2017, 09:39 AM
Thanks Gab,

Ok, my lad at work has been back for a week now but I'm struggling to get back into a proper system of practice. Don't get me wrong, I'm still practicing but I'm also flitting around playing improvs with things like that Dahl....orian one.

Takes​ time to restructure I guess. I am enjoying what I'm doing though, just need to reinforce the practice habit wink.gif

Cheers buddy smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 22 2017, 03:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 22 2017, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I'd like to share with you this vid that was introduced to me by Yoncopin:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 22 2017, 08:32 PM
Thanks for that Gab,

I can interpret that video in many ways. You could be telling me I'm doing things right or you could be telling me I'm doing things wrong or you could just be telling be to kick my own ass into action because only I can do that, you could be saying that it's ok doing all of the improv stuff because that's still music and what is needed. I understand what Joe is saying but not the reason it's for me because he discusses various things.

The first part scares me though, I don't know all the chords, all the scales or all of the notes on the guitar and it frightens me to think how I would even start incorporating that into my schedule.

Thanks for everything Gab, I do appreciate all the help I just don't always get it rolleyes.gif Maybe I look too deeply into things wink.gif

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 22 2017, 08:34 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2017, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I think that you are doing the things right! From your work at different workouts and threads here I can notice that you are having impressive results in your playing.

Why have I shared this video? Because it's so inspiring and wise. How should you apply it? You don't have to do any specific thing, just take that wisdom and your path will continue on the right track. I like sharing with you all the stuff that inspires me because it could inspire you too.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 24 2017, 03:08 PM
Makes perfect sense mate smile.gif I thought there was a more personal message from you to me wink.gif I was thinking too much rolleyes.gif

I get my Helix LT today so will be seting that up this evening.

Even though I'm still struggling with the JW lesson I'm still enjoying everything so please don't think I'm not applying myself to guitar each and every day when I'm home smile.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 27 2017, 07:14 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 57 58 59 60 61 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:23 PM