Help Would Be Appreciated :)
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 02:44 PM
GMC:er
Hi, my name is Brett, i live in australia and am aged 17. I am currently doing my hsc and for my music course i have to perform. For my last performance i did master of puppets by metallica and got 18/20 for it. Im now looking for a metal song in standard tuning for my next performance that has a cool guitar solo and preferably a guitar harmony. Any suggestions? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2007, 02:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Something from Iron Maiden , Trooper , Aces High ? wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 02:47 PM
I played the trooper last year so i cant do that and aces high was the song i was leaning toward. I've been wanting to do aces high for weeks but then i found out its tuned half a step down sad.gif I'm just too lazy to tune my floyyd rose down

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 28 2007, 02:52 PM
Some stuff by Iced Earth could be ok, but alot of their songs are downtuned...What about Hallowed be Thy Name or Powerslave by Iron Maiden?

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 02:54 PM
Haha damn i forgot to mention it had to be under 5 minutes, powerslave might be ok though. You guys know if Children of Bodom use standard tuning in any songs?

+Quote Post
chast
Dec 28 2007, 02:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Maybe some other Metallica Stuff, Eye of the Beholder or Seek and Destroy

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 02:59 PM
I can play Seek and Destroy, its just that i played puppets last time and sandman the time before. I think my teacher would get bored with 'tallica (hes crazy) and mark me down.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 28 2007, 03:02 PM
Raining Blood would be a good one to play, and I can't think of any CoB that's not in drop D or D standard.

Edit: nevermind, just saw that Raining Blood was half a step down sad.gif Maybe some other Slayer stuff would be good.

This post has been edited by SLASH91: Dec 28 2007, 03:04 PM

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Dec 28 2007, 03:04 PM
I didn't know raining blood was in standard. Dont slayer usually play dropped tuning?

Just saw your edit smile.gif

This post has been edited by Shred Kid: Dec 28 2007, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 28 2007, 03:18 PM
Instructor
If you know some Opeth songs, you should try them, theyre so great and will definitely impress people smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Dec 29 2007, 12:29 AM
Instructor
2 minutes to midnight will work good for iron maiden

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:14 AM