> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex Arvedahl
May 20 2016, 04:00 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 20 2016, 02:10 PM) *
Hey Alex!! Welcome back! Nice to see you here again and also with some new guitar interest!

Let's get back to make music, what are you planning?

Hey Gab!! It is good to be back and see you again! I am excited to start practice and learn some new stuff again!
Hmm actually I do not have any idea, I am willing to learn anything. I am sure you have some plan for me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2016, 09:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex,

I think that the first step is to get into practice again so any lesson that motivates you to practice would be ok.

This is just a suggestion, you can go for another one, learn it and share a vid in some days.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Gary-Clark-Jr-Style/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 22 2016, 02:29 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I think that lesson will be good, I am not much of a blues guy so I will see if I can find a similair lesson smile.gif

Since I will be graduating High School in just 1.5 weeks I consider buying myself a gift, so I would like your opinion on something. What do you think about putting some Seymour Duncan into a $250 guitar? Do you think it could be good or worthless? smile.gif

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: May 22 2016, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2016, 04:47 PM
Instructor
What guitar do you refer?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 22 2016, 05:22 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Jackson JS22

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 24 2016, 02:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex,

You won't regret getting a pair of Seymour Duncan for that guitar. And then, if you decide to sell the guitar, you can keep your pick ups for the next guitar.

What models do you have in mind?

I use SH-2 and SH-4, a great combination for rock, but very versatile.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 24 2016, 08:24 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gabriel!

Thank you, It is always great to have your input on things smile.gif I appreciate your help smile.gif

Actually I am thinking about that combination or SH-1 and SH-4, from what I understood the SH-1 is hotter than SH-2. In more expensive Jackson guitars they use SH-2 and SH-4 combination as well.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2016, 03:18 PM
Instructor
yeah, you'll be ok with that pair too. Check out which guitarists use them and go for the ones that are closer to your style. The difference is not very big between sh1 and sh2.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 26 2016, 10:25 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

I got a new video for you, I decided to go for the Gary Clark Jr lesson to play some stuff I usually don't play to broaden my guitar playing. And I have to say it was a very fun lesson to play biggrin.gif I enjoyed it! I played it at 60 bpm.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2016, 05:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex,

great to see you working on this lesson! It's VERY important to work on stuff that you are not familiar in order to expand your playing and even more on blues lesson since this style can be considered the root of most of the music that you listen and play.

The next thing to improve on this one, before you go for a faster tempo is TIMING. You are not going tight with the backing. If you listen carefully you'll note that your riffing is not unison with the bass which should be your guide.

During the next days I recommend you to work on smaller fragments and before you play the lesson, listen to the backing with your eyes closed and imagine how the guitar should sound over it. Then try playing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 29 2016, 01:06 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel,

Thanks for your feedback! I will keep working, until now I have only practiced this lesson in Guitar Pro but I will try to playing it with backing also. Do you think I should slow down the tempo or keep it as it is?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2016, 06:22 PM
Instructor
You can decrease tempo a bit but not too much because it's a slow lesson... maybe 10 bpm. Practising at a slower tempo will make difficult to understand rhythm.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 29 2016, 10:39 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Sounds Good, I will start practice over the backing and share a video in a few days

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2016, 04:55 PM
Instructor
Great! Keep me updated. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 5 2016, 12:41 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!
I have just changed my pickups now to the Seymour Duncan Sh-2n and Sh-4 and it really made a difference, I think it became much clearer sound. So I will continue to practice today and have a video ready for you within 2-3 days.

Right now my routine looks like this.
10 min Warm Up
30 min Timing Practice Been following this videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTvyhwxV8GQ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNL50eRJxMU
30 min Practicing Gary Clark in GuitarPro and over Backing
15 min Vibrato/Bending/Alternate Picking
15 min Creative Playing

I also found this video today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAckLGgA86o which I found interesting and inspiring

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2016, 06:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, great stuff!

Congrats on getting that pair of Seymour Duncans, you won't regret it! smile.gif

That Satriani's video is epic. He shows why it's so important to understand the whole fretboard deeply, and be able to visualize triads, chords, arpeggios and scales. Great found!

I think that your guitar plan looks good, I'll wait for some videos to monitor your progress.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 7 2016, 07:14 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gabriel!

Yes, I am very happy with that pair so far smile.gif I like it a lot smile.gif

I feel like I need to get better to visualize triads, chords, arpeggios and scales, it is something that definitely needs more work. smile.gif

Edit:
Unfortunately no video but I got you audio recording smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/garyclarkjr60bpm

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Jun 8 2016, 05:58 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 8 2016, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Hi alex,

Your playing is good on the lesson but the rhythm is not going with the backing track. The overall timing / rhythm is moved. It's really tricky to play this lesson over the slow backing and keeping the rhythm correctly so maybe you should use guitar pro in 60 bpm with the metronome on to check how the licks should sound... is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jun 9 2016, 07:22 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Gab!
Here is a version with metronome, hope this will be better smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/alex-arvedahl/garyclark-with-metronome

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2016, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, yes! It's much better! This is the direction. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

40 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:28 PM