> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Robben Ford Style Blues, Lesson By Emir Hot
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Dec 28 2015, 04:02 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Robben Ford Style Blues by Emir Hot

Hi GMC I shall still work the learning of this lesson with the advice of my mentor ( Gab) For the moment it is the best of what I can give. Thank You

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Darius Wave
Dec 28 2015, 09:58 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Good work...as usuall (you made us get used to).

I love and hate blues lessons at the same time ..why? It's a kind of music where you put a lot of heart and even if the harmonic content is not much advanced, there is still a lot emotional stuff to execute which makes them much harder then it seems to be. Why to hate then? Because there is this "blues flavor" thing that is missing in your take in there is no mathematical way to explain this. You did what you could to strip dwon the lesson and learn all sections but is sound a little squre. In blues there is similar "swing kind of feel" where perfect timming is not always the case. Also the contrast between accents and fills has to be much bigger. Other wise those short licks/phrases sound proper math-wise but not "bluesy" enough to create those specific, short moments of tension build and release. I'm sure you'll get what I meant. You ned to spend some more time on the most important and the hardest part of the lesson - listen carefully and try to capture the feel of the track. There is nothing else left for you to improve in this lesson. Well done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2015, 02:04 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You've received my feedback yesterday HERE, at the mentoring program. I'll just add my grade.

Keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 1 2016, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Hi man, happy new year!

As Darius says, bluesy playing is hard to get right. You can play the same notes but getting the feel is the hard part.

The two things that I think would benefit this lesson in terms of improvement would be:

Clarity: Some of the licks don't have the clarity of the original. Certain notes might sound a bit buried, lost.

Hammer-ons-pull-offs: This is one of your weaker areas, I would say. You could benefit from developing the strength in your fingers so you could perform hammering and pulling off with more confidence and with more accurate timing.

Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 4 2016, 03:01 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:23 AM