Prs Ce 24
Darfuria
Nov 21 2008, 01:16 PM
GMC:er
I've been playing for a fair amount of time now, and I have gotten to the point where I can afford to get my hands on a pretty new toy, so I'm thinking of going for a PRS CE.

As many of you have said it is very important to be playing a guitar you are comfortable with. I've spent a small amount of time with a CE in my local guitar shop and really like it.

More than anything I simply wondered if anybody had any tips, pointers or advice, with regards to both the PRS CE and getting a new guitar that is somewhat higher budget than a starter guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
audiopaal
Nov 21 2008, 02:03 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and like playing the instrument.
You say you've spent time with a PRS CE and that you like it, so that's about everything you need to know smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Nov 21 2008, 02:10 PM
My friend has one of those and it is so nice!! It is amazing. biggrin.gif
If you like it a lot, than go for it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 21 2008, 02:25 PM
A PRS will NEVER dissapoint you. It's versatile, it's beautiful and it lasts forever. It's gonna be your ultimate gear, i'm sure! biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 21 2008, 02:34 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its perfectly ok to go for a higher end instrument if you feel doing so! If you like that guitar and you're comfortable with it , go for it - why not! You'll be more than happy with a new instrument! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Nov 21 2008, 04:20 PM
Well thank you for the "go spend your money!" support wink.gif

Now which colour!? Ahhh!

This post has been edited by Darfuria: Nov 21 2008, 04:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 21 2008, 04:24 PM
Are you looking at a floating or fixed bridge?

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Nov 21 2008, 04:39 PM
Fixed, I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 21 2008, 04:44 PM
QUOTE (Darfuria @ Nov 21 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Fixed, I think.

I'm asking because I have a PRS 20th Anniversary Artist with a floating bridge. It goes out of tune easier than a fixed bridge, so it may be something to think about. However, for tremelo use it's great.

I really love it though. The neck plays so well, and its a light weight guitar. It sounds great too. You will not regret getting one. And, even though it's expensive, it will hold it's value if you ever wish to sell it. Good choice.

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Nov 21 2008, 04:47 PM
Don't think I've ever seen expense as an issue beyond actually getting the funds to purchase a guitar.

Yeah, I'd love to get into some floating bridge playing, but for the amount I'm actually going to play tremolo techniques, I might as well get a fixed bridge and save myself some hassle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 22 2008, 01:35 AM
Instructor
PRS guitars are great quality, and IMO they are important part of any musicians collection, just like LP, Tele or Strat are. IN other words the guitar is a must-have. If you have hte money, buy it mate. I also suggest fixed bridge to save yourself a hassle.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
J.T.
Dec 9 2008, 05:18 PM
I own a PRS CE 24 and it is a kick ass guitar: amazing sustain and it plays like butter smile.gif you won't regret a thing buying this piece if you like the way it sounds...
The thing with guitars in that price range is at least for me... they are all great but you just need to take time try stuff out and find the one that suits your style of playing! Don't rush into the first one you see smile.gif But PRS deff is a good choice wink.gif

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 10 2008, 07:43 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 22 2008, 01:35 AM) *
PRS guitars are great quality, and IMO they are important part of any musicians collection, just like LP, Tele or Strat are. IN other words the guitar is a must-have. If you have hte money, buy it mate. I also suggest fixed bridge to save yourself a hassle.

Well, to fix or not to fix I'd say depends on his current collection.
A guitar definitely gets more versatile with a tremolo bar.
Preferably a fender trem, to avoid fixing- unless you know how to do it yourself.

+Quote Post
Chief Brody
Dec 10 2008, 08:05 AM
I don't have any experience with the CE but as the owner of 2 PRS guitars i can agree with the positive statements already posted here.

A PRS guitar will not let you down and seeing as you've already tried the CE and like it, it seems like a very wise purchase.

Don't underestimate the power of owning a guitar you connect with when it comes to improving!

+Quote Post
slash48
Jan 4 2009, 08:11 PM
I'm in love with PRS guitars. They're just breathtaking and If you tried the prs ce and liked it than by all means go out and get. Remember it's what you like though not what we like.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:25 PM