Niel Schon's "don't Stop Believin" Guitar Goes For $250,000
Todd Simpson
Aug 4 2021, 10:01 PM
GMC:er
This somewhat legendary Les Paul was used by Schon on many hit records and big tours. It's a modified guitar that he put a new locking tremolo system and replaced the original bridge. He also put a sustainer pickup in the neck position. So it's not a traditional lLes Paul. Some of his other guitars that look less modified went for even more money. These instruments are important cultural artifacts and I'm glad they are finding their way into people lives. Great guitars are like great art, people don't so much own them as tend them for a while until they pass on and the next generation tends them. They could be great investments if one has the money. Many will continue to appreciate.

Here is the web site that did the auction and they do a lot of cool auctions.

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/vintage-gu...humbnail-071515

Attached Image

*Here is a lesson on the Metal Head's Journey
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/AMetal...JourneyLesson1/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 5 2021, 12:42 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 4 2021, 10:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's the sort of thing I'd buy if I were a lottery winner.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 5 2021, 07:58 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 5 2021, 12:09 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 4 2021, 10:49 PM) *

Same as that Phil!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 5 2021, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 5 2021, 12:09 PM) *
Same as that Phil!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

If I won the Euro millions I'd try to get SRVs #1. For me, the most revered guitar out there, I'd love to just hold it, feel how it was really set-up, oh and Rory Gallagher's main guitar too. Oh and if possible and with proof, one of Robert Johnson's guitars, I doubt he had more than one though and proof he played it would be sketchy, nice to dream though. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2021, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 4 2021, 06:49 PM) *

hahah yeah! me too. I would have a guitar museum like Joe Bonamassa.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 5 2021, 03:18 PM
I have enough guitars.
If I won the Lottery I'd buy a flat in London and Buenos Aires so that I could drink beer with you guys and then play your Neal Schon and SRV axes.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Aug 5 2021, 03:18 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2021, 03:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 5 2021, 11:18 AM) *
I have enough guitars.
If I won the Lottery I'd buy a flat in London and Buenos Aires so that I could drink beer with you guys and then play your Neal Schon and SRV axes.

hahaha great plan! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 5 2021, 04:46 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Aug 5 2021, 03:18 PM) *
I have enough guitars.

That would be fun cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 5 2021, 04:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 5 2021, 11:33 PM
That is a great plan. Great way to spend a lottery win!! Having places all over that you can go and jam with friends at any time.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 5 2021, 11:46 AM) *
That would be fun cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:29 AM