3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Hotone Ampero
Phil66
Mar 20 2019, 10:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Be nice to hear a comparison between Native and Ampero if you select the same amp/cab etc, just something without too many effects to check out the cab/amp sim.

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2019, 03:13 AM
GMC:er
That should be pretty easy to pull off. You have the NATIVE plugin I think? So you record a chunk and try it through the plugin, then either reamp through ampero or just play the lick through the ampero. I"m guessing somebody will do a vid like that on youtube if it hasn't been done already.
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 20 2019, 05:13 PM) *
Be nice to hear a comparison between Native and Ampero if you select the same amp/cab etc, just something without too many effects to check out the cab/amp sim.

smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 21 2019, 08:47 AM
Native plugin is terrible on my computer, all cracks and pops and I don't have an Ampero wink.gif

https://youtu.be/oX2nk6ETBPs

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 21 2019, 09:30 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 22 2019, 04:20 AM
I thought you said you were gonna get an ampero just to play around with it? I may be going senile smile.gif I thought I read that in an earlier post. I had no idea that the NATIVE plugin DIDN"T WORK!!! Lame!!!!!!!
Make that SUPER LAME!!!! It just won't work at all? Have you gone to their support and tried to work it out? Surely the support folks can offer some sort of advice on this? It's nearly 1k worth of software!!
It's expensive price tag is why I didn't buy it. So I don't have a copy and thus can't make such a vid. However, you can run some dry riffs through your helix and then put the dry guitar files as .wav files on dropbox or something and I can run them through the AMPERO and then we can cut a little video together going back and forth if you like smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 21 2019, 03:47 AM) *
Native plugin is terrible on my computer, all cracks and pops and I don't have an Ampero wink.gif

https://youtu.be/oX2nk6ETBPs

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 22 2019, 08:29 AM
I did order one Todd tongue.gif wink.gif but not in stock until April 4th. I asked L6 about Native and why it was popping and crackling they just thought it was lack of resources in computer.

I'm just going to sit the Ampero on a tablet stand like Jay has in his video and have it plugged into two spare XLRs on my Scarlett so I can switch between the Helix LT (on floor under desk) and the Ampero.

It it correct that when you change banks it instantly switches to the patch of the same number in the new bank, ie: If you're on bank 1 patch 1 and you switch to bank 2, it switches immediately to bank 2 patch 1? Not good if you want to go to bank 2 patch 3, you'll get a few moments of bank 2 patch 1 until your foot gets to press the right switch.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 22 2019, 08:42 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2019, 05:05 AM
Ahh smile.gif Waiting for the restock. I have heard that a lot lately as they seem to have flown off the shelves pretty quick and now many folks are just out of stock. You'll dig it once it shows up for sure! You can do a quick A/B with the setup your talking about. I can't wait to hear it! If your rig is a Quad Core i7 with a Gig of Ram, it should run the native with no problem. That's sorta the base config these days for cpu hungry software. if you've got that and it's still pop/click then it's probably something else. It could be that you may have to reduce your samples (e.g. create more lag) to get it to run smooth, but that defeats the entire point of having a real time plugin. sad.gif

If it just won't run on your rig, is the license such that you can sell it to get your money out of it?
As far as the bank/patch question, I"m not sure. I"ll have to give it a whirl. One cool thing about the unit is that it's midi compatible so one could add any midi controller and program it any way one might like, e.g. stomp box mode with patches mode on other foot switches. Folks are already starting to do this
Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 22 2019, 03:29 AM) *
I did order one Todd tongue.gif wink.gif but not in stock until April 4th. I asked L6 about Native and why it was popping and crackling they just thought it was lack of resources in computer.

I'm just going to sit the Ampero on a tablet stand like Jay has in his video and have it plugged into two spare XLRs on my Scarlett so I can switch between the Helix LT (on floor under desk) and the Ampero.

It it correct that when you change banks it instantly switches to the patch of the same number in the new bank, ie: If you're on bank 1 patch 1 and you switch to bank 2, it switches immediately to bank 2 patch 1? Not good if you want to go to bank 2 patch 3, you'll get a few moments of bank 2 patch 1 until your foot gets to press the right switch.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 23 2019, 11:19 AM
I had Native when L6 did the offer for Helix owners, £99 but got a refund.

I'm gutted I recently sold my Radial Twin City AB Y switch, might have to get another, stereo xlrs from Helix and Ampero into the front of my Scarlett, dry signal from L6 G10 into the back, flexibility wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2019, 08:09 PM
Does the twin city allow all the outputs at once? So that you can go stereo out from helix, and ampero and still have a dry out from guitar all going in to the interface at once?

of course, both ampero and helix have usb recording, but only one can be set as a recording device at a time. if you use the cable method, you can record both fx units and get a dry signal at the same time hopefully, in case you want to reamp later on. Handy!

Sorry the native plugin didn't work out. have you tried other guitar plugins on your computer? For example, the new OVERLOUD THU? It runs smooth on my rig but I can't remember what your specs are off hand.
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 23 2019, 06:19 AM) *
I had Native when L6 did the offer for Helix owners, £99 but got a refund.

I'm gutted I recently sold my Radial Twin City AB Y switch, might have to get another, stereo xlrs from Helix and Ampero into the front of my Scarlett, dry signal from L6 G10 into the back, flexibility wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 23 2019, 09:04 PM
Here's the spec Todd, I really need to upgrade but keep procrastinating as I hate getting new computers set up with everything mad.gif

I can record from the Helix via stereo xlr, (I don't connect via USB now because of THIS if you remember), then I can send stereo xlr from the Ampero to the other two front inputs on the Scarlet. The Line 6 G10 has a 1/4 out AND an xlr, the xlr can go into a 1/4 input on the back of the Scarlett for the dry signal, the 1/4 out can go into the Twin City and then A and B from the Twin City can go to the Ampero and Helix LT, one or the other or both wink.gif

http://www.radialeng.com/product/twin-city

It will give me many options wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2019, 02:48 AM
your CPU is MORE than enough and your SSD is plenty and your graphics chip is fine for music stuff. So really, you just need a bit more ram. 16GB is pretty standard for music workstations. I'm guessing you'll have to just ditch what you've got in there if it's taking up all the slots, which always blows, but that's music for ya. The only thing I see is that your light on ram. Other than that, you should be able to run pretty much anything you want. Including that Native plugin. What part of your system did line 6 say needed upgrading?

Yeah that ab switch is the shiz!

Todd
. You
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 23 2019, 04:04 PM) *
Here's the spec Todd, I really need to upgrade but keep procrastinating as I hate getting new computers set up with everything mad.gif

I can record from the Helix via stereo xlr, (I don't connect via USB now because of THIS if you remember), then I can send stereo xlr from the Ampero to the other two front inputs on the Scarlet. The Line 6 G10 has a 1/4 out AND an xlr, the xlr can go into a 1/4 input on the back of the Scarlett for the dry signal, the 1/4 out can go into the Twin City and then A and B from the Twin City can go to the Ampero and Helix LT, one or the other or both wink.gif

http://www.radialeng.com/product/twin-city

It will give me many options wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 24 2019, 02:52 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 24 2019, 09:04 AM
They just said it sounds like I'm low on resources.

I don't have Native now anyway and I won't be buying it at the price it is, it was on offer when I got it £99.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 25 2019, 01:22 AM
I hear ya. $99 is a great price. Or was!
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 24 2019, 04:04 AM) *
They just said it sounds like I'm low on resources.

I don't have Native now anyway and I won't be buying it at the price it is, it was on offer when I got it £99.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 25 2019, 11:00 AM
Reality check.

I've given it a lot of thought over the weekend and decided to cancel my order for the Ampero. I think it will only serve as a distraction and hinder my practise. I have a Helix LT which is more than enough for my needs. I need to put practise first. It was just a case of "Boys' Toys Syndrome" and Jay was so enthused about it, it made me want one.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 25 2019, 01:44 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 25 2019, 10:00 AM) *

Makes sense to be honest, I actually sold my gt-1 today as I wasn't using even half of the features.

As all I need is 3 shades of gain (clean, drive, shreddy dist.) and some delay or reverb, I have my eyes on the new tech 21 flyrig's or Nux Cerberus. And if I don't like them after demo there's still the ultra cheap zoom G1 four...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 25 2019, 02:00 PM
I only really got the Helix because of GMC and the collabs and creativity workshops. It gives a lot of scope.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 26 2019, 05:31 AM
You really don't need an Ampero to be honest. It's just more presets to mess with. You've got plenty of tone in the Helix. If you were still looking for a Multi I'd suggest the Ampero, you've already been dating the helix for a while so probably not time to strike up with a new girlfriend just cause she's new smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 25 2019, 06:00 AM) *
Reality check.

I've given it a lot of thought over the weekend and decided to cancel my order for the Ampero. I think it will only serve as a distraction and hinder my practise. I have a Helix LT which is more than enough for my needs. I need to put practise first. It was just a case of "Boys' Toys Syndrome" and Jay was so enthused about it, it made me want one.

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 26 2019, 12:45 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 25 2019, 01:00 PM) *
I only really got the Helix because of GMC and the collabs and creativity workshops. It gives a lot of scope.

Helix is a different beast to what I mention. I mean, everything is high-quality to my knowledge while the gt-1 is a do it all but enough to save the day type quality. I figured I'm after something simpler but higher quality for the price as to why tech 21 flyrig's got my attention.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 26 2019, 09:06 PM
I do like the look of the UI on the Ampero though. Much better than the Helix sliders imho wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2019, 02:20 AM
They did create a very spiff UI. I'm guessing it will impact other vendors UI in revisions of the future but time will tell smile.gif I do think it's gonna be hard for other builders to get away with not having a color touch screen, especially when charging double/triple. Head rush has a cool color touch screen but no software editor! I gotta say it's handy to have both.

Here is a quick unboxing vid that I shot when I got mine in the post. Shot it before I did the firmware upgrade on the off chance I bricked it by accident!!

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 26 2019, 04:06 PM) *
I do like the look of the UI on the Ampero though. Much better than the Helix sliders imho wink.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 27 2019, 02:25 AM

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Oct 26 2020, 04:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
I came across a brand called Valeton.

It makes cheap pedals.

I searched a little bit and found that it is a member of the Hotone company.

That made me wonder whether they use the same components, same settings etc

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Oct 26 2020, 04:09 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:30 PM