> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Hand Synch, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Victor Simion
Jan 31 2021, 10:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Hand Synch by Ben Higgins

Hi,

Working on Hand Synch, alternate picking, timing.
I hope this new take shows some good progress.
I think around second 25 I lost a little bit of hand synch, and regarding the timing I think that sometimes I am playing a little bit in front of the beat(too early)

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=60040

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jan 31 2021, 10:13 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Darius Wave
Feb 3 2021, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Let's try to break this one into pieces

Very first triplet run - you have problems playing triplets. Try to focus only on every first of three notes, becasue only this one will be in perfect sync with the backing track. That's how triplets work. Try to accent these spots so you will create a clear signal for your mind to focus on this point to be perfectly on the beat of bass drum, snare or hi-hat. Remember that every second eccent will have different picking direction - this is additional difficulty. At this point runs goes out of timing because you probably just try to play it spontaniously, hpong it will somehow start and end at the points it does in original lesson video.

0:09 - whe there is a square rhythm, such as 4th, 8th or 16th notes, you seem to have less problems but still the timing isn't that perfect. Become a player and a listener at the same time. Try to imagine some of your pick stroke launch the drum samples. If you don't feel it sounded you you played tghe note and drum simultaneously, then it is highly possible it was not perfect in time.

0:22 - these triplet are slower than the ones from beginning and it looks like you are able to control them better. There some other problem with a few notes but it's so clear, you are aware of it...i'm sure.

As overall you hand looks tensed. I believe it would be great to apply some relax to the palm and apply a little more motion from the wrist. When you look at Ben's take, his hand looks very comfortable.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Victor Simion   Take 2: Hand Synch   Jan 31 2021, 10:10 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   This sure is on a whole different level than your ...   Feb 1 2021, 11:29 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   Hi Victor!! Your progress is killer mate...   Feb 1 2021, 02:55 PM
- - Todd Simpson   HUGE improvement!!! I've noticed y...   Feb 1 2021, 08:13 PM
- - Fran   Pass: 8   Mar 12 2021, 04:53 PM
nnn
nnn

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:51 PM