> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Jan 30 2019, 03:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's funny because BB is known for struggling with chords smile.gif

Have you not seen that whole video before? It's great, it was the first documentary of a five week period. If you watch it all it is the history of the electric guitar. The following four weeks had concerts from Seville Expo '92, Rock Night, Metal Night, Blues Night and Jazz Night. I have them all on VHS wink.gif Have no player to watch them though laugh.gif

Here is my "progress" buddy, I AM BB KING laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/SJttefB3Iu0

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 30 2019, 10:07 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2019, 08:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

Thanks for the video. Here I'm sharing some examples of what you should start practicing during the following week.

The idea is to combine everything we've learnt recently and make some music: Dominant chords, dominant arpeggios and dominant triads.

I'm basically playing the triads or chords with some kind of rhythm followed by a phrase using the arpeggio. I play two meassures on G7 and two meassures on C7, as a loop.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 1 2019, 09:25 PM
Wow thanks Gab,
You read my mind!!!! I was going to ask you if it was possible to put a video up of you playing the triads with quick changes because I thought my brain had convinced itself it wasn't possible as I wasn't improving. You did it and much more, thank you so much for this buddy.
Tomorrow (2nd Feb) is my wife's birthday and we are away for the weekend so no practise and next weekend it is my birthday (10th Feb) and we are away that weekend too but it's all good for the spirit wink.gif

Now I've see what you can do with what I have, I'm inspired wink.gif I was starting to wonder how it was "bluesy" but as I said, I am not rushing ahead any more, I am waiting "for all to be revealed" as we go along.

Can you explain what you're doing here please?CHORD
Cheers buddy, I really appreciate your help cool.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2019, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!!

Yes! We are going exactly in the direction that you want, but after all this time working together, I'm starting to know your times in order to incorporate concepts so this "course" is specially designed for you. I don't rush things, it doesn't make sense, however I need that you are patient and follow the tasks. If you trust in me, be sure that you'll be mastering blues. smile.gif

In the videos I'm showing what you can do with the concepts that you've already learnt. There can be a few extra things that I'm using because I was jamming. That's what happens exactly in the print screen that you've shared. It seems that I'm playing an extra triad that I haven't showed you yet but I'll do it as soon as you show me a video playing like me in the vids. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 4 2019, 10:09 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm really struggling with tapping my foot and playing two bars of each like you are doing in the videos. For now I've had to set Reaper up like in the picture below, it's a one bar count in and then markers every two bars for a visual cue. I hope this is okay Gab, I had to do something, I was getting so frustrated. Obviously I can't use it all of the time but I am hoping that it will help me along a little.

I still can't play those full barre chords without the high E and/or the G string being muted sad.gif

Here is my first recording of playing the triads and arpeggios, it's awful but hopefully it will get better in time. I tried at first to not look at the markers in Reaper but realised immediately that I came in too early. I will practise this as much as possible Gab.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/playing-triads-and-arpeggios-take-1

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2019, 03:45 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Great to see you working like this. Here I've recorded some audios to give you inspiration on how to practice this over metronome.

Attached File  Phil_sample_1.mp3 ( 2.31MB ) Number of downloads: 65

Attached File  Phil_sample_2.mp3 ( 1.36MB ) Number of downloads: 67

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2019, 09:58 PM
Thanks Gab,

I really appreciate you taking the time to do that for me. Unfortunately I've had CRAZY computer issues, you know how frustrating they can be mad.gif If you want the details look HERE. All I was trying to do was make things a little quicker for me withl videos for lessons with a web cam and direct sound recording to the video, and just use my main video camera and sync the sound for collabs and REC, then I go and lose a whole load of time trying to set it up sad.gif

I did sort it in the end though.

Anyway, I notice on the first example, the second triad is played on the offbeat in each pair of triads. I also notice that the single note lines are very simplistic making me realise I was trying too hard to play melodic things.

The second example is more comlex and the triads weren't so obvious to my ears though I did notice that ALL of the triads are played on the offbeat. I played along a little bit to work out which triads are being played and discovered that they are in the same order as the first example, ie; the G7 ones first and the C7 ones second etc. Hopefully I got this right.

Anyway, I need to go to my wife now. I will get back onto this tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 5 2019, 10:00 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2019, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! You've described perfectly everything that I've played in these samples. The idea is to give you some inspiration for your practice. You don't have to play the same notes than me, but you have ideas on how to give some rhythm to the shapes that you are learning. Everything I'm playing here is part from the things that you've been learning. The triads that you couldn't detect from the second file, are basically the chord shapes but not playing all the strings.

Experiment and share a new vid as soon as you could!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 6 2019, 10:03 PM
Thanks Gab,

Not much time this evening but I had a good practise at a jam in the style of the first example. It does seem to be slowly coming together. What I find though is that I drift off into a meditative state and the bars/measures disappear and it's just the beats I can hear rolleyes.gif

I'll get there though wink.gif

Here is the English correction that you asked for wink.gif

"You don't have to play the same notes than me" Should be, "You don't have to play the same notes AS me". You would use "than" when you say things like, "I'd rather eat steak than tofu", "I'd rather go to Malibu than Delaware".

"Everything I'm playing here is part from the things that you've been learning. Should be, either, "Everything I'm playing here is part OF the things that you've been learning", OR, "Everything I'm playing here is taken from the things that you've been learning", but the first one would be considered more correct in this case.

It's always, "A part of" or "It is taken from". eg; "That is a part of that.", "That is taken from."

"Experiment and share a new vid as soon as you could!", should be "Experiment and share a new vid as soon as you CAN!", You would say "could" in a sentence like, "He/I did it as soon as he/I could", or, "I/he could have done it sooner", or, "I could do it but I don't want to", I could have done it but I didn't", it can get confusing especially when you think about "would" aswell, see HERE.

I hope this helps wink.gif I don't have a degree in English so when you get to working with the past participle I will be lost laugh.gif but for general things I'm okay wink.gif Especially when to use "I" and "me" wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 6 2019, 10:08 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2019, 09:01 PM
Instructor
heheh this is fantastic! It helps a lot!! Thanks my friend! smile.gif

Everything makes sense! I promise that I'll be a good English student. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 8 2019, 09:50 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 28 2019, 01:26 PM) *
I think that you'll like this musical concept: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_cluster

That was interesting, I'd forgotten to look Gab, thanks. Away for the weekend tomorrow, video next week of the triads and arpeggios wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2019, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 8 2019, 05:50 PM) *
That was interesting, I'd forgotten to look Gab, thanks. Away for the weekend tomorrow, video next week of the triads and arpeggios wink.gif

Cheers

Great! I'm just back home after a Cirse's nice weekend. Looking forward your video!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 12 2019, 02:14 PM
I'm glad you had a good weekend Gab smile.gif

My birthday weekend away has killed all of my very small skill improvements with the triads and arpeggios rolleyes.gif . I'm back to square one sad.gif . I still can't do the full barre chords either, I'm starting to think I have some kind of weird deformity blink.gif .

I'll get a video to you as soon as I have something better than what I'm doing at the moment wink.gif

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2019, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 12 2019, 10:14 AM) *
I'm glad you had a good weekend Gab smile.gif

My birthday weekend away has killed all of my very small skill improvements with the triads and arpeggios rolleyes.gif . I'm back to square one sad.gif . I still can't do the full barre chords either, I'm starting to think I have some kind of weird deformity blink.gif .

I'll get a video to you as soon as I have something better than what I'm doing at the moment wink.gif

Cheers buddy

When was your birthday??

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 12 2019, 04:32 PM
I see you've seen Ben's thread now wink.gif It was very nice of Ben to do that video wasn't it?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2019, 06:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 12 2019, 12:32 PM) *
I see you've seen Ben's thread now wink.gif It was very nice of Ben to do that video wasn't it?

Very nice! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 12 2019, 09:48 PM
It brought a tear to my wife's and my eyes.

Here is a quick video I did tonight just to get something to you. I'm really struggling with ideas and following the measures, I suppose I've never really taken notice of bars, I've only ever listened to beats so that is something else that I am a complete newbie with.

I'm afraid the sound sync is out slightly, this is because I'm just using my new webcam and direct recording at the same time. This is to help me a little with workflow for normal lessons and Todd's quick licks as I don't have to sync the sound as I do with my normal camcorder wink.gif

https://youtu.be/_yqLa1QUiE0

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 13 2019, 10:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 12 2019, 04:32 PM) *

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 12 2019, 09:48 PM) *

I saw this the other day, but at that time decided not to reply here, but now I'm doing it anyway!

cool.gif Happy to read that, Phil! (Yes, I check your thread daily! But I check most threads daily, but still!)

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 13 2019, 01:54 PM
It's what I said to you on Facebook Ben wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2019, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 12 2019, 05:48 PM) *

Here is a quick video I did tonight just to get something to you. I'm really struggling with ideas and following the measures, I suppose I've never really taken notice of bars, I've only ever listened to beats so that is something else that I am a complete newbie with.

I'm afraid the sound sync is out slightly, this is because I'm just using my new webcam and direct recording at the same time. This is to help me a little with workflow for normal lessons and Todd's quick licks as I don't have to sync the sound as I do with my normal camcorder wink.gif

https://youtu.be/_yqLa1QUiE0

Cheers Gab

Great mate!! This is exactly what you need to work! Please check my samples from time to time to get ideas on rhythm for both the triads and phrases. You can also check blues masters for that. Again, don't worry about notes or shapes when listening to other guitarists, focus on rhythm to apply it in your own improvisations.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:16 AM