8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
The Eye-opening Gmc Collab, You too can write amazing melodies
fzalfa
Apr 1 2015, 10:36 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Kristofer

you have a good idea about the limitation, for the double stop , i have something in my head...

but now it's time to sleep, i'll try tomorow !

thankx god, i have a wounded knee, so i must stay at home for months..... so i have time to progress wink.gif

bless are the doctors biggrin.gif

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Apr 2 2015, 04:24 AM
GMC:er
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Apr 2 2015, 06:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 2 2015, 06:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
Kris: Thank you from my heart for your kind words and feedback smile.gif I'm very happy you like my improv and this new tone (which took me 3 hours full of experiments to make it biggrin.gif ). I will think to make a longer version but not so soon because I want to learn 2-3 new tasty things to add.

For legato lick definitely I need very much practice. The purpose was to give a triplet feel and I put accents but I guess I pushed those accented notes much stronger than it should be. The accents are a must for this lick but I will try to make them much softer. To be honest at this moment it's very hard to control this tone. It's the first time when I play on high gain. I need more than 5 days of practice for this because I was used with a little amount of gain and then my left hand use more power. On this tone if I touch like usual sounds horrible. When I start to work for this collab I didn't believe that I will be able to make my take. I was disappointed and very sad until I heard the final result.

I will work for the issues that you told me and I will make a new recording these days. Thank you again for everything and mostly for your detailed feedback (I really love this) smile.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 2 2015, 07:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Monica, you rocks !!!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 2 2015, 07:48 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Apr 2 2015, 04:24 AM) *
can you help me get great tone?

Attached Image

Bas - start a new topic so others who aren't following this discussion can help out as well. Also, let us know the names of the software/pedals you use.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 2 2015, 02:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 2 2015, 06:46 AM) *
Monica, you rocks !!!

Laurent

Thank you so much Laurent, I'm glad you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 2 2015, 05:46 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi all

deadline 8/04/2015
I can still join you ?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Apr 2 2015, 05:49 PM
ok, here is my take

Attached File  eye_opener_2_with_backing.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 147

with out backing

Attached File  eye_opener_2_with_out_backing.mp3 ( 1.09MB ) Number of downloads: 127

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Apr 2 2015, 06:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2015, 07:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 2 2015, 06:46 PM) *
Hi all

deadline 8/04/2015
I can still join you ?

Go for it MisterM! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 2 2015, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome MisterM, my french friend smile.gif

we are both user of the same french guitar's board smile.gif a nice guy !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 2 2015, 08:13 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Laurent

Tomorrow I will try to give the best, for now here's what happens

With Backing track : http://ahp.li/9ecd1d5eb39363516e1c.mp3

Without Backintrack : http://ahp.li/84e0eb8695882f495599.mp3

This post has been edited by MisterM: Apr 2 2015, 08:18 PM

+Quote Post
Procyon
Apr 2 2015, 08:24 PM
After a really hard week I finally found some time for this... there is nothing better you can do but grab your guitar and play to unwind from work. This backing is amazing!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EyeOpenerProcyonSolo.wav ( 13MB ) Number of downloads: 142
Attached File  EyeOpenerProcyonFull.wav ( 13MB ) Number of downloads: 195

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 2 2015, 08:36 PM
Learning Roadie
nice for both !!

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Apr 2 2015, 08:36 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 2 2015, 09:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 2 2015, 08:13 PM) *
Hi Laurent

Tomorrow I will try to give the best, for now here's what happens

With Backing track : http://ahp.li/9ecd1d5eb39363516e1c.mp3

Without Backintrack : http://ahp.li/84e0eb8695882f495599.mp3

Ok I predict you will truly scare us then, because this is already very good IMO. Phrases are musical with call and response vibe, and tone is awesome - it actually gives me John Scofield vibes.

Improvement wise: you play intensely in the beginning without many pauses. Instead you have more breathing room/pauses towards the end.

I would do it the other way around instead, in order to build climax. Be sparse in the beginning and then give your everything at the end. If you have many pauses where the listener expects a climax - there is a risk people will think you ran out of ideas!

Awesome to have you in! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Procyon @ Apr 2 2015, 08:24 PM) *
After a really hard week I finally found some time for this... there is nothing better you can do but grab your guitar and play to unwind from work. This backing is amazing!!

I'd be surprised if there weren't some really neat ideas in this take - you have blown me away in all previous collabs.

However this time around your sound eats up the backing track. I think the delay/rev/chorus (?) effects might be pretty cool - but they are mixed too loud and there might also be some low end issues going on (maybe coming from the chorus effect). See if you can put a high pass filter (EQ away the bass frequencies) on just the effects.

In the last collabs you have a really cool tone so I think you'll be able to solve this. Your lines are great, there is no need to hide them in effects! Fingers crossed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 2 2015, 09:18 PM
Learning Roadie
it's me again

a new version, don"t worry about th esound, my loopback record vol was to high but the guitar sound records id ok really

lower your volum before play, it certainly clip !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 2 2015, 09:27 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Apr 2 2015, 05:49 PM) *
ok, here is my take

Attached File  eye_opener_2_with_backing.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 147

with out backing

Attached File  eye_opener_2_with_out_backing.mp3 ( 1.09MB ) Number of downloads: 127

Cool - to me this is still quite an original take. And I like the idea behind it - it's like you are doing electronic/sequenced phrasing with call and response.

However for this start appealing to people, you need to keep working on your sound (it no longer hurts ears though, so it's definitely better). The backing track , and the type of lines you play, call for some subtle but cool delay. And the clean sound would need a slight breakup / overdrive. Cheaper analog gear can't really do this well, but luckily there is free software that does it (ie Poulin plugin).

Even more important is to work on your technique. With this solo structure you are teaching the listener to expect a kind of phrasing where you repeat a sequence several times before answering it. All fine up 'till this point, and like I said this concept feels fresh to my ears. However when you get problems repeating the sequence in a convincing way (starting at 00:32) it gets very obvious to the listener (because you did it well in the beginning).

So to really make this take shine you would practice the scale runs some more. Also - check your tuning / intonation as some notes feel a little off to me.

Keep going, it will be very interesting to see where you can take this!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 2 2015, 09:18 PM) *
it's me again

a new version, don"t worry about th esound, my loopback record vol was to high but the guitar sound records id ok really

lower your volum before play, it certainly clip !

Laurent

This version is also good, I liked the slightly more adventurous note choice. I terms of dynamics, I probably prefered your previous version.

Also, I think a big thing would be for you to work on your vibrato. Your playing would benefit a lot from a slower and deeper vibrato, that's coming from the whole arm - not just the fingers.

Keep going! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 2 2015, 09:55 PM
Learning Roadie
another take...

edit: don"t know why i have pushed this one here

re edit: i know, when i was payin this on, a good idea come to me smile.gif
laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Apr 2 2015, 10:01 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Procyon
Apr 3 2015, 01:46 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 2 2015, 10:04 PM) *
I'd be surprised if there weren't some really neat ideas in this take - you have blown me away in all previous collabs.

However this time around your sound eats up the backing track. I think the delay/rev/chorus (?) effects might be pretty cool - but they are mixed too loud and there might also be some low end issues going on (maybe coming from the chorus effect). See if you can put a high pass filter (EQ away the bass frequencies) on just the effects.

In the last collabs you have a really cool tone so I think you'll be able to solve this. Your lines are great, there is no need to hide them in effects! Fingers crossed!

Thank you, Kris! I thought that you would write something like this - and I completely agree. I wanted to try something different - especially add more sustain - and ended up with this strange flanger-effect that did not really satisfy me - but I just had no time to do more experiments on the tone and finally wanted to play... it's quite difficult (and sometimes annoying) for met to get the tone I want... but I will try to improve on this.

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 3 2015, 02:44 PM
Veteran Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 2 2015, 08:04 PM) *
Ok I predict you will truly scare us then, because this is already very good IMO. Phrases are musical with call and response vibe, and tone is awesome - it actually gives me John Scofield vibes.

Improvement wise: you play intensely in the beginning without many pauses. Instead you have more breathing room/pauses towards the end.

I would do it the other way around instead, in order to build climax. Be sparse in the beginning and then give your everything at the end. If you have many pauses where the listener expects a climax - there is a risk people will think you ran out of ideas!

Awesome to have you in! biggrin.gif

Thank you Kristofer

I lost the files I can not give one guitar ...
I've had enough for today , I will try tomorrow video
It's not very good, i' m not in the beat dry.gif

http://ahp.li/ef045b6fecfcde1e154b.mp3

This post has been edited by MisterM: Apr 3 2015, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2015, 04:04 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 2 2015, 09:55 PM) *
another take...

edit: don"t know why i have pushed this one here

re edit: i know, when i was payin this on, a good idea come to me smile.gif
laurent

Nice - this is probably my favorite from you so far. In this one I think there are more well defined phrases/melodies - compared to the previous ones which felt a bit more scalar (ie playing scales up and down).

I think you should just keep jamming, thinking about all the things discussed in this thread. If you feel you want to change the direction to of your jam more dramatically, try to borrow a few licks from your favorite lessons and include them in your jam.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 3 2015, 02:44 PM) *
Thank you Kristofer

I lost the files I can not give one guitar ...
I've had enough for today , I will try tomorrow video
It's not very good, i' m not in the beat dry.gif

http://ahp.li/ef045b6fecfcde1e154b.mp3

Awesome! I could listen to this all day long, lots of tasty and clever phrases in here. I think you should record over the long backing track - it would be really cool to hear you jam away and I might be able to give you more improvement suggestions.

I haven't really got any improvement suggestions for this take, you can of change the direction of the solo and throw in some slightly more aggressive lines towards the end - maybe like a 'bendy' melody high up on the neck. But if it ain't broken - don't fix it! wink.gif

What gear do yo use? Your tone is killer!

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:03 PM