Dougie's Back!
Doug Lane
Oct 20 2016, 09:03 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys, did you miss me?

I've had a pretty busy and wild couple of years since I've been my most active here. I've been on a fast track to gaining rank in the military. With that rank comes a big price though, and I realized that no matter how much money and stability I get from the Air Force, it wasn't making me happy... I've decided to leave the military in 2019 when my enlistment is over and pursue a degree at Musicians Institute!

Wish me luck guys!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 20 2016, 09:38 AM
GMC Founder
What a cool re-introduction and what a killer video ohmy.gif It's awesome to have you back

QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Oct 20 2016, 10:03 AM) *
no matter how much money and stability I get from the Air Force, it wasn't making me happy...

Amen to this. The sooner we understand this - the better lifes we can live!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Oct 20 2016, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Kris. I'm excited to make my goal of becoming a virtuoso guitarist a reality. I think most of all I missed the collaborations! I'm stoked to jump back into them.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 20 2016, 11:21 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Oct 20 2016, 11:50 AM) *
Thanks for the kind words, Kris. I'm excited to make my goal of becoming a virtuoso guitarist a reality. I think most of all I missed the collaborations! I'm stoked to jump back into them.

Yes collabs are the most fun! I am currently waiting for my sore throat to get well so I can start working on the next one =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 20 2016, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Welcome back! smile.gif

Well that was a tough decision I guess. I can only support you by saying your not the only one who decided to change his life. I quit my regular job at the beginning of this year and all I do now is related only to music and guitar playing.

Well...your reintroduction video shows that you definitely haven't left the guitar - your skills didn't go away! smile.gif

I wish you luck on your new path of life smile.gif

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Oct 20 2016, 12:56 PM
Thanks Darius! I took a sizeable break while on a three month trip to Japan. I missed guitar so much that when I came back I took all the cash I didn't already have spoken for by my savings and bills and built myself a reasonably good studio! I've been recording and practicing very frequently ever since and have been making monstrous progress.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2016, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hey Doug! Welcome back man!! That intro video is a bomb! smile.gif

Nice words about life mate. I think that it can touch most of the instructors and GMCers here. I think that it's the best decision you can make. I wish you all the best.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 20 2016, 04:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
welcome back Doug. All the best with the new goal smile.gif
fantastic playing btw, that was a most epic vid.

This post has been edited by bleez: Oct 20 2016, 04:42 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 20 2016, 10:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I don't know you but welcome back. That video is awesome, thanks for sharing such am inspiring piece

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:27 PM